Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Explorer ST replace?

Reactions
Sadly my ST replaced this custom ordered 2019 S5 Sportback. In the year I owned it, I had a clear bra applied after paint correction over the entire car, piggyback tune, ceramic tint, and I custom fabricated an enclosure for a JL Audio 10 that hid in a side compartment to look factory. My wife's mother is terminally ill and could not get in and out of the car so we bought the ST. Wish I still had her since the ST has been the biggest piece of junk I ever bought and I am currently in the process of a buyback.
What issues did you have???

NEW2ST

Reactions
What issues did you have???
I had no issues with my audi but with my current ST I have had the brakes quit 2 times, rear hatch wouldn't open multiple days, engine is consuming 1 quart of oil every 500 miles, transmission wouldn't engage from a stop and then when it did the tires all broke loose like it was a manual transmission and I dropped the clutch, front suspension rattle, a/c blew cold on one side of the vehicle and super hot on the other side and auto climate was not turned on, infotainment screen turns on and off when it wants, 5 warning windows popped up saying several features were inoperable, the vehicle was damaged at the factory so all interior panels including the dash and headliner are being replaced, the paint was burned by a buffer at the factory, paint drips on the edges of panels. I am sure there is more but I hate to think about it. Also I know that the vehicle was damaged at the factory because an email between the dealership and Ford corporate was leaked to me. This whole experience has made me never want to touch another Ford product. They have handled this very bad and denied my buyback so far, but that was before the engine, transmission, brake and electronic issues happened so who knows now, plus I hired a lawyer. I am sure there are great Ford products but not in my case and I do not want to risk another vehicle since there are so many issues with other ST explorers on here.

Reactions
Though I am still driving it while I wait for my order to arrive.

It will be replacing my 17’ Fusion Sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully you won't be waiting for as long as I have been lol...since January 15th.

Reactions
Hopefully you won't be waiting for as long as I have been lol...since January 15th.
You still haven’t received it yet?!?!?

Reactions
For fun, here are my previous explorers:
2005 Limited, Groundforce springs, Billet Grilles, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N CAI, LED tails, clear corners, etc...
On very dated 22's back in 2010: IMAG0587.jpg
Same one in 2016 on 20" wheels:
IMG_20180731_160428.jpg

My 2017 Ex Sport, just a tune and wheels IMG_20190828_152158.jpg

Reactions
You still haven’t received it yet?!?!?

Nope. March 5th, sales guy tells me it’s “going into the production line”. Then Covid happened; now as of June 10th it was still in the production line. Don’t know much since then.

Reactions
Nope. March 5th, sales guy tells me it’s “going into the production line”. Then Covid happened; now as of June 10th it was still in the production line. Don’t know much since then.
I was told 8-10 weeks.

If I’m in the same boat as you I may reconsider something else while my trade is still decent.

Reactions
I was told 8-10 weeks.

If I’m in the same boat as you I may reconsider something else while my trade is still decent.

I was told the same, but that was before Covid hit. When did you order?

Reactions
June 23rd is when they placed my order. So if i added up the weeks right, i cam looking at first week of September.

With how bad COVID-19 is projected to continue hitting the USA, I have my doubts right now, that is assuming this MY is only produced in the US?

rnc

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
2017 Porsche Macan S

Reactions
My wife’s NX F Sport. I had an X5M and went to a gen 2 Raptor so in reality it’s really filling the void left behind from the X5M. It’s actually similar in features just a lot more watered down. However, depreciation, repairs and parts aren’t going to hurt nearly as bad.

Reactions
My wife’s NX F Sport. I had an X5M and went to a gen 2 Raptor so in reality it’s really filling the void left behind from the X5M. It’s actually similar in features just a lot more watered down. However, depreciation, repairs and parts aren’t going to hurt nearly as bad.
X5M ?? I’m jealous

UtesFanRy

Reactions
Believe it or not it replaced a 2018 Mustang GT PP2. I absolutely loved that car but we need something we can haul kayaks, bikes, and stuff for the house. The ST seemed to fit the bill, giving me the capability along with some decent performance. It’s hard going from a V8 to anything else put this engine is pretty stout.

View attachment 1188
LOVE LOVE LOVE. Got my ST instead of one of these due to needs having my daughter still at home. But when the lease is up.... A Shelby, a PP2, or the new Mach1 are definitely in the mix.

Reactions
June 23rd is when they placed my order. So if i added up the weeks right, i cam looking at first week of September.

With how bad COVID-19 is projected to continue hitting the USA, I have my doubts right now, that is assuming this MY is only produced in the US?
Only built in Chicago that I know of. But you’ll probably be alright now. I was told 8-12 weeks which would have landed right in the middle of April, but Covid added an 8-week delay so I’m GUESSING I might see it this month.

CDNRABBIT

Reactions
The boss says it's going to replace my 6mt 07 Saab 93 Aero SS, but she's given me a greiving period. So for the rest of the summer the ST is an addition to the fleet.

Reactions

2018 VW Tiguan Sel Premium R Line

Reactions

2018 VW Tiguan Sel Premium R Line

That is one good looking SUV if it offered similar power to the ST it would be a good contender.

Reactions
That is one good looking SUV if it offered similar power to the ST it would be a good contender.

I loved that car unfortunately the true R line isn’t coming to US shores , also an Uber driver ran a red light and totaled her a few months ago ... swore up and down he was in the right but thank goodness I had a dashcam

Reactions
I loved that car unfortunately the true R line isn’t coming to US shores , also an Uber driver ran a red light and totaled her a few months ago ... swore up and down he was in the right but thank goodness I had a dashcam

Wow sorry to hear/see that! Hope you came out injury free.