Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Explorer ST replace?

Reactions
2017 XLT on a lease. Dealer let me term 6mo early with no penalty, so grabbed the ST at 0%. Nice to put that cash towards a vehicle I own vs. a lease!

SpeedOften

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
If I'm not mistaken, the CX-9 was on the Edge platform not the Flex. Flex, Explorer and Taurus were from Volvo platform not Mazda.
I looked it up and you're correct.

That's odd that Mazda chose the midsize platform for such a long / heavier vehicle.

Reactions
Mine is replacing a 2007 Explorer Sport Trac with 124000 miles. It’s just time after 13 years with the Sport Trac.

Reactions
Mine replaced a 2017 f350 platinum crew cab dually. A tree fell on our 34 ft keystone cougar fifth wheel camper. We decided not to replace the camper. The truck pretty much paid for our ST. We wanted a three row suv to take friends and family with us on trips to the beach and other places where other we would have to take two vehicles. The ST is more practical and easier to find parking. The wifes 12 civic coupe is a bit too small for the four of us and the dog.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions
2017 explorer sport. The sport had just a tune and 3 bar MAP sensor.
The ST can launch a lot quicker but I miss the midrange punch from the tuned 3.5.
I'll get a few thousand miles to make sure everything feels good drivetrain wise before tuning this one, also waiting for a few more companies to offer tuning.

GTP

Reactions
This. :eek:

20200530_123126_50.jpg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
2016 F150 Platinum with a TON of mods.

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That's insane, I imagine it was a handful to handle at WOT.
Anywhere under 50mph was useless. Zero traction under any circumstances. 50-70 was useless depending on the road. 70 and up it was a lot of fun. Surprised a lot of Hellcat cars on runs up to 150-160mph.

Reactions
Anywhere under 50mph was useless. Zero traction under any circumstances. 50-70 was useless depending on the road. 70 and up it was a lot of fun. Surprised a lot of Hellcat cars on runs up to 150-160mph.
lol I can imagine the look on their face.[unbelieveable]

Reactions
2017 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 - returned at EOL
Even at a heavily discounted from MSRP price of 68k, still not worth the price. It is decently quick(400hp), but lacked driving dynamics compared to what you expect from an italian. Had lot of Chrysler bits due to FCA merger that just shouldn't be there. Interior plasticky and cheap feeling, could literally push in the dome lights.. Ate brake pads like no tomorrow and back seat was small despite it being a somewhat long car. Oil change cost $400 at the dealership. Engine sounds good though. Worth it if all you care about is looking cool at the clubs, otherwise better off going german.

Explorer on the other hand, feels quicker, better steering, is more fun to drive and way more practical.

Reactions
A 2019 Honda Pilot Elite - Fully loaded with lemons.

I got a full refund and my Explorer on Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Believe it or not it replaced a 2018 Mustang GT PP2. I absolutely loved that car but we need something we can haul kayaks, bikes, and stuff for the house. The ST seemed to fit the bill, giving me the capability along with some decent performance. It’s hard going from a V8 to anything else put this engine is pretty stout.

63829FB1-5D27-45A7-A17A-AB525C0E526E.jpeg

NEW2ST

Reactions
Sadly my ST replaced this custom ordered 2019 S5 Sportback. In the year I owned it, I had a clear bra applied after paint correction over the entire car, piggyback tune, ceramic tint, and I custom fabricated an enclosure for a JL Audio 10 that hid in a side compartment to look factory. My wife's mother is terminally ill and could not get in and out of the car so we bought the ST. Wish I still had her since the ST has been the biggest piece of junk I ever bought and I am currently in the process of a buyback.

Attachments

Reactions
Though I am still driving it while I wait for my order to arrive.

It will be replacing my 17’ Fusion Sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk