Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

billg302

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thanks for the add. My name is Bill, I live in Colorado. Just picked up a '22 today for MSRP. It's my work vehicle but the company owner (my brother) doesn't mind if we mod our vehicles a little. Probably wait until after the warranty expires before I do anything crazy. If I feel the need to go fast, I have my 700RWHP 2010 Shelby GT500 for that. I've been a Ford guy all my life (5 Foxbodies, a 2012 GT, 2008 F150, 1996 F350). First day with the ST, pretty impressed with how fast it is for an SUV. Pic.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Hello All,

Hoping someone may be able to point me to a member or thread that can help me with my questions.

I can find relatively little information online about interacting with vehicle software for my 2020 Explorer ST. I have two primary annoyances with my Ford...

1. When standard cruise control is activated during travel a triple chime is activated within the vehicle. Exceptionally annoying. No purpose as I am mechanically activating the feature myself. No need to alert me.

2. I traditionally lock the vehicle by engaging the door button as I step out. If the fob is still detected in that brief transition of closing the door the honk is activated. On occasion I choose to intentionally leave the keys in the vehicle because I am turning off the vehicle but briefly stepping out to speak with someone or grabbing an item at a location. I have an exterior access pad so I am completely comfortable with the key fob still being within the vehicle as I am returning immediately, and the vehicle would be locked.

I am willing to go so far as to delete sound files and functions such to enable the vehicle to behave "more stupidly" as I have just upgraded from my classic 2003 F150. I'm 27 and can't stand the technology interfering in this way. If I intend to lock the door, regardless of the fob location, the vehicle should lock when I mechanically command it to. Older vehicles never presented such problems because wireless technology did not enable the manufacture to create such systems. Just give me a key and call it a day.

Please advise if you know of some other cranky dude who complained about the same thing.

Thanks!

Chance797

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hello Everybody! I'm Chance Cox from Las Vegas NV. I have a 2022 Explorer ST Black on Black on order. It due 6/17 - 6/22 ordered in April. I can't wait to get it in. Already sold my 2018 Explorer XLT and looking forward to the major upgrade. Only checked a few forums so far, but a lot of good info!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hello Everybody! I'm Chance Cox from Las Vegas NV. I have a 2022 Explorer ST Black on Black on order. It due 6/17 - 6/22 ordered in April. I can't wait to get it in. Already sold my 2018 Explorer XLT and looking forward to the major upgrade. Only checked a few forums so far, but a lot of good info!
Your gonna love it when you get it

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello All!

Just took delivery of a 2022 Explorer ST In Star White Tri. Ordered 1/21/22, Delivered 6/8/22. Has pretty much every option; 401A, Twin Panel Moonroof, Premium Tech Package. This will be the primary (high speed) family mover. Never thought the wife and I would buy 4 explorers in a row but here we are!

Attachments

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hello All!

Just took delivery of a 2022 Explorer ST In Star White Tri. Ordered 1/21/22, Delivered 6/8/22. Has pretty much every option; 401A, Twin Panel Moonroof, Premium Tech Package. This will be the primary (high speed) family mover. Never thought the wife and I would buy 4 explorers in a row but here we are!
Welcome to the forum

BenjyH

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Explorer sport
Hi all new to the forum. I got a 2019 Explorer st at the end of last year. Looks like a lot of good information here.

Reactions
Hello all, my name is Dom (hello Dom) and I have a problem. I am an addict. My addiction started in February '22 and is still gaining steam and running strong. I am addicted to my '22 Explorer ST. She is the sweetest thing this side of the Mississippi. I wash her at least.... at least 2x a week (water bills up this month from last month hun....... I don't caaaaare hun that's what the is ocean for, we can get free water there.) Wax her once every 2 months, change the oil every 3k (only the best.... Liqui moly). I get to work first and on purpose to get the only shaded spot and then run upstairs only to gaze at her from the 2nd floor window. I also get home first to make sure I get the garage before my wife gets home. She has a VW Eos and that can be safely secured and sheltered in a US size mailbox. This all being said. I've installed a Whipple IC, 170 thermostat, AFE Intake all done by Rarefab here in Boynton Bch FL, then had it taken next door to Palm Beach Dyno where they added a 93 octane tune. As if this sled wasn't quick enough. I am now at 467hp to the wheels (well over at the crank) and 512lb torque. All I need now is to swap out the rear subframe and install the downpipes. She'll be at approximately 500 to the wheels. This thing is a joy to drive. I actually had a Jeep SRT 392 want to race me today. I was 2 car lengths all the way to 130mph. Dangerous yes but 2 car lengths and he wasn't gaining.... Love this BeaST.... Enjoy Amigos
Someone’s in love!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Hi all new to the forum. I got a 2019 Explorer st at the end of last year. Looks like a lot of good information here.
What year ST?

DaJobes

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST Star White
Hey guys and gals! My name is Oben, from beautiful British Columbia, Canada. Just got into my ‘22 Star White ST in April, I can say I’m thoroughly impressed with the ST. Turns heads all the time and really surprises people who think they are fast thanks for the add from me and The Flash!

Attachments

Last edited:

RacerJoe

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Joe from the Chicago area and happy to be here. Just took delivery of my 2022 Black ST. I was fortunate enough to have a dealer order it for me using my company X Plan program. First new vehicle for me. I really hope this one takes me into my retirement years. I’ve got a few (cosmetic) mods on the horizon and will share accordingly.

Attachments

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard Oben and Joe.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome all to the forum.

kezell17

Reactions
Vehicle
22 ST
Was able to pick this one off a dealer lot right off the truck a few weeks ago. Only thing added so far is window tint.
22ST.jpg

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

Bandit

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Canadian member here, Kelowna BC. Picked up my 2022 in May. So far only cosmetic mods...
-Windshield / front window tint
-Full front end PPF
-Blacked out emblems
-Blacked out reflectors on rear bumper
-Blacked out tail lights

Parked next to my 2008 F-250 Harley Davidson Edition!

Attachments

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Canadian member here, Kelowna BC. Picked up my 2022 in May. So far only cosmetic mods...
-Windshield / front window tint
-Full front end PPF
-Blacked out emblems
-Blacked out reflectors on rear bumper
-Blacked out tail lights

Parked next to my 2008 F-250 Harley Davidson Edition!
welcome aboard

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi everybody, new guy here from Las Vegas that picked up my ST this week. Already got it in for tint, and have exhaust and lowering springs on order. Looking forward to doing some fun road trips with it once I get it how I want it. Thanks for having me!

IMG_1646.jpg