Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
I'm a POSSIBLE new owner. I say possible, because I ordered my 2022 Ford Explorer ST back on 8 Jan 22. It says on the tracking page it was built on 14 March. And there (at the Chicago plant), it has sat....ever since. Every week or so I'll get an update from my Dealer "your car is arriving 3-8 April". Then "23-29 April". Now today, maybe 8 May? It just doesn't ship. The reason....so Ford says ....is "volume delays". Whatever that is.

The bottom line is for the second time, I'm about to have my preapproved loan expire....and for the third time, I'm about to "lock in" to yet a HIGHER interest rate (they just keep going up). Will I get the vehicle by 8 May this time? I have no faith at all in that. Will I get it before this third loan expires? I doubt it. WILL I BUY SOMETHING ELSE TO END THIS SAGA? That's becoming more and more likely. I've just lost any faith the vehicle will ship any time in the reasonable future. And my experience with my last ordered Ford (F350 last year), is even if/when it does ship....it can be weeks....or longer ...before it comes even then. Our F350 sat in a railyard in Atlanta for a month once it got there.....due to "shipping delays". We waited almost a month and a half from the date it was shipped....until we got it. So like I said, I just have ZERO faith that the vehicle will come ANY TIME....in the foreseeable future.

So far, I'm SOOOOOOO disappointed in this whole experience. And I've been a Ford man, for MANY decades. We have relatives at the plant....used to buy a new Ford about every other year....usually have 3 Fords on our Ranch at any given point. That may be about to change............

Reactions
I'm a POSSIBLE new owner. I say possible, because I ordered my 2022 Ford Explorer ST back on 8 Jan 22. It says on the tracking page it was built on 14 March. And there (at the Chicago plant), it has sat....ever since. Every week or so I'll get an update from my Dealer "your car is arriving 3-8 April". Then "23-29 April". Now today, maybe 8 May? It just doesn't ship. The reason....so Ford says ....is "volume delays". Whatever that is.

The bottom line is for the second time, I'm about to have my preapproved loan expire....and for the third time, I'm about to "lock in" to yet a HIGHER interest rate (they just keep going up). Will I get the vehicle by 8 May this time? I have no faith at all in that. Will I get it before this third loan expires? I doubt it. WILL I BUY SOMETHING ELSE TO END THIS SAGA? That's becoming more and more likely. I've just lost any faith the vehicle will ship any time in the reasonable future. And my experience with my last ordered Ford (F350 last year), is even if/when it does ship....it can be weeks....or longer ...before it comes even then. Our F350 sat in a railyard in Atlanta for a month once it got there.....due to "shipping delays". We waited almost a month and a half from the date it was shipped....until we got it. So like I said, I just have ZERO faith that the vehicle will come ANY TIME....in the foreseeable future.

So far, I'm SOOOOOOO disappointed in this whole experience. And I've been a Ford man, for MANY decades. We have relatives at the plant....used to buy a new Ford about every other year....usually have 3 Fords on our Ranch at any given point. That may be about to change............
With the recent recall, Ford did a stop sale on all Explorers

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

tsielski

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2019 F150 Limited; 2022 Explorer ST "on order"
New owner as soon as my 2022 is released pending the "fix" for the rear axle bolt. Test drove one a few months ago and was impressed.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
New owner as soon as my 2022 is released pending the "fix" for the rear axle bolt. Test drove one a few months ago and was impressed.
Welcome aboard

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
You'll love it!

tmbaker65

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer 2020 ST
Hello and welcome to Explorer ST Forum, the premier community for Explorer ST owners from around the world. Please take a moment and post your introduction and let us know a little bit about yourselves.
I have a 2020 Explorer ST having issues with the GPS not working Ford dealer says they fixed it but its not. Locks up I have to rely on Google maps on my phone for GPS.

Reactions
I have a 2020 Explorer ST having issues with the GPS not working Ford dealer says they fixed it but its not. Locks up I have to rely on Google maps on my phone for GPS.
did they say how they attempt to fix it? Software update?

Redman616

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

I ordered my 2022 Ford Explorer ST back on November 3rd. It says on the tracking page it was built on January 17th. I've been getting the run around from the dealer since Feburary. I'm guessing it will be here in June if I'm lucky

Lilmags500

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (ordered due in May 18-26)
Thank you for the add , I have a 2022 Agate Black ST due to arrive in a couple weeks . Cant wait , Hoping
there are no delays !

Krish

Reactions
Hello Everyone, Krish here from Vancouver... Ordered my 22' ST early this year and while waiting for it, have really enjoyed browsing this forum and following such a great community. Was lucky enough to take delivery on April 14th, just before the recall delivery hold went into place.

On day one, I installed overlays on the logos, 1.5" Bora spacers front and back, and played around with Forscan. H&R springs ordered in Feb supposed to be arriving this month and a buddy is fabing custom exhaust for me. Also have a ZFG tune and AFE cold air intake ready to go, but am hesitant with the rear diff issue. I called my dealer and they said they still have no info on when they will even have the parts to fulfil the recall.

My previous ride was a 18' Platinum, and the only 2 times I had it at Ford was when I picked it up and when I dropped it off to pick up my ST. Oil changes at Mr.Lube was the only maintenance I ever had to do.

Anyway, think I'm going to install the intake this weekend, but will most likely hold off on the tune until I do something about the rear diff. Not sure if I should wait for the the recall fix, or just grab a Diffy Stiffy or AWR mount? All things considered, seems like extra diff support would be good to have either way.

With many people waiting on orders, and now with the recall delivery hold as well, I just feel blessed I received mine and can drive it. I loved my 18' Platinum, but the new platform is night and day. Absolutely loving it!

It's pretty fun as is, so waiting to install the tune is definitely not the end of the world... Cheers all.

IMG_6506.JPG

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

Pittsburgh.ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hello everyone! I haven't received my ST yet but I have been reading posts here for a few weeks and figured I would join now. I ordered a Black 2022 ST on April 7th. From what I have been reading I'm sure I'm in for a long wait.

Reactions
Hello everyone! I haven't received my ST yet but I have been reading posts here for a few weeks and figured I would join now. I ordered a Black 2022 ST on April 7th. From what I have been reading I'm sure I'm in for a long wait.
Welcome

Kpler

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST - Blue
Hello Everyone. Happy owner of an 2021 ST. Picked it at the dealer December 2021. Participated in the ST SUV Experience and earned my black badges. While searching to do some MODS, I found this forum with usefull info. Glad to join

Reactions
Hello Everyone. Happy owner of an 2021 ST. Picked it at the dealer December 2021. Participated in the ST SUV Experience and earned my black badges. While searching to do some MODS, I found this forum with usefull info. Glad to join
Welcome! This forum is indeed a hidden gem of information.

Radguy

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring
Hello everyone. I'm Jonathan. I've been lurking on this forum for just about a year but never introduced myself. I don't have an Explorer but I have a 2021 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring which has the same motor as the ST except an additional 100 HP with the electric motor. I shopped the Explorer at the time of purchase but went with the luxury model instead. No regrets at all!!

I spend more time on this forum rather than the Lincoln forum as this one is more active with way more info. Please keep up the good work!!

I did an AvalonKing DIY ceramic coating on the vehicle and so far no other mods. I'm trying to convince my wife to get a ZFG tune on it which should be interesting as I have the 10R80 transmission and the 2 bolt rear axle. After reading endless accolades regarding the ZFG tune, I'm REALLY looking forward to getting this done. Hoping to get the go ahead for the tune sometime around July. We will see. Fingers crossed I can pull this out. No other mods planned apart from that as I love the vehicle as it is.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Hello everyone. I'm Jonathan. I've been lurking on this forum for just about a year but never introduced myself. I don't have an Explorer but I have a 2021 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring which has the same motor as the ST except an additional 100 HP with the electric motor. I shopped the Explorer at the time of purchase but went with the luxury model instead. No regrets at all!!

I spend more time on this forum rather than the Lincoln forum as this one is more active with way more info. Please keep up the good work!!

I did an AvalonKing DIY ceramic coating on the vehicle and so far no other mods. I'm trying to convince my wife to get a ZFG tune on it which should be interesting as I have the 10R80 transmission and the 2 bolt rear axle. After reading endless accolades regarding the ZFG tune, I'm REALLY looking forward to getting this done. Hoping to get the go ahead for the tune sometime around July. We will see. Fingers crossed I can pull this out. No other mods planned apart from that as I love the vehicle as it is.
Welcome aboard!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

Explorer ST Posts