Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

VTA mod, am I the first?

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
BOV = blow off valve.
VTA= vent to atmosphere.

what you’re thinking of is “recirculated,” which is what our ST’s are stock.

When
BOV’s recirc, they “blow off” back into the intake stream. When they are set VTA they “blow off” into the atmosphere.

Last edited:
OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #62
^^ correct. The factory set up on all ecoboost motors is to recirculate. If you want that “race car/tuner” turbo blow off sound, you can either spend 4$ on some rubber chair leg stop things and disconnect a tube or theres potentially some actual blow off valves being made for the ST. Either way, you just get sound.

Last edited:
OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #63
My driver's side heated seat is also not working. Dropped it off at the dealership to get looked at (along with the 2 recalls) & they said they 'reset it.'. When I asked if they 'tested it,' they said 'no.' Yeah, still doesn't work. Going to dry the extra few minutes to go to the other dealership for now on.

But if I understand the difference between VTA and BOV, VTA only makes a sound difference. Right?
Check under the seat thoroughly for a loose connection, cuz that’s what it was for us.

Reactions
When I spend $50K+ on something, I better have some better reasons than "just because" LOL
I opted for the ST version explorer "just becuase" I opted for the GT500 version Mustang "just because"

lololol

EcobeaST

Reactions
Definitely have to cut the tips of the screws or buy SS screws from Lowes or HD but still need to cut.
But the Boomba sounds cool and really takes a few minutes to install.