Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync 3 map update

Reactions
I’m curious…

I mostly use Google Maps from the phone. The rationalization is that Google probably keeps the mapping data updated. For those of you using the Ford navigation instead, why?
Im guessing because they dont like that one small cable coming out of the console and can use the full screen nav.

Ford's Nav is horrible in every way vs AA/AC outside of the full screen

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I’m curious…

I mostly use Google Maps from the phone. The rationalization is that Google probably keeps the mapping data updated. For those of you using the Ford navigation instead, why?
I don't like tying up my phone and draining the battery (wireless carplay in my truck). I don't care to always plug my phone in either. Plus I like to zoom out and watch traffic so I can avoid it

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m curious…

Two words.......FULL SCREEN :D Much prefer google maps and or waze but hate the half screen.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I’m curious…

I can't speak for other but my OCD is too strong knowing there's an update that I can do. That is only reason for me since I use CarPlay/Waze.