Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda rear sway/HR springs fitment

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #41
just got off the phone with Steeda. they acknowledged there is a fitment issue with HR springs and will be fixing the issue for better clearance and sending me a new one in a few weeks. (y)

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
just got off the phone with Steeda. they acknowledged there is a fitment issue with HR springs and will be fixing the issue for better clearance and sending me a new one in a few weeks. (y)
Sounds good. I was start to think I was crazy. I do have stock springs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I'm glad I'm watching this thread (and others) before pulling the trigger. I really want this sway bar, but I need to know it will fit correctly the first time before doing so. Stinks people are having this experience.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm glad I'm watching this thread (and others) before pulling the trigger. I really want this sway bar, but I need to know it will fit correctly the first time before doing so. Stinks people are having this experience.
Yeah, i would definitely wait. It is a great mod though and one I think is a "must have". I'm just shocked they didn't just copy the dimensions and layout of the stock bar.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Yeah, i would definitely wait. It is a great mod though and one I think is a "must have". I'm just shocked they didn't just copy the dimensions and layout of the stock bar.
Exactly!

Reactions
The torque spec for steeda rear sway bar is - 66 Ft lbs for bracket bolts, and 76 Ft lbs for the endlink nuts.
My question, is that the manufacturer (stock) spec too? or is the stock rear sway bar torque'd to something different, if so what?

Reactions
Let us all know when they send you the new one along with the results. I'm looking at ordering the H&Rs with Steeda Sway bar but would rather wait until I know this issue that some are having is corrected. Thanks.

Reactions
The torque spec for steeda rear sway bar is - 66 Ft lbs for bracket bolts, and 76 Ft lbs for the endlink nuts.
My question, is that the manufacturer (stock) spec too? or is the stock rear sway bar torque'd to something different, if so what?
Answered my own question. I needed to be sure for both RSB's (steeda & stock). :)

Attachments

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Answered my own question. I needed to be sure for both RSB's (steeda & stock). :)
Thank you so much for coming back in here and posting the answer to your question when you found it. There are soooo many dead threads on car forums where someone doesn't post the solution when they figured it out.

Reactions
I am working with Steeda now regarding my sway bar. I’ve had to loosen and adjust it three times now. It moves when taking a hard corner because flanges aren’t tight against the bushings and the ends are way to close to the springs. They want me to remove it and provide them with measurements. I don’t think the hole you choose makes a difference on how close it is to the springs. The end of the bar hits the spring. I make just cut the end off like mentioned earlier but shouldn’t have too.

I need to verify this as well. I’m getting some noise. This is a major fail for them. They should be paying for the uninstall labor (unless you’re just doing it). Either way, this has come up a while ago and it looks like it’s still not remedied. I mean did Ford change the bushing space in year or something?

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I need to verify this as well. I’m getting some noise. This is a major fail for them. They should be paying for the uninstall labor (unless you’re just doing it). Either way, this has come up a while ago and it looks like it’s still not remedied. I mean did Ford change the bushing space in year or something?

I eventually gave up and removed it. There is no way that bar will work with stock springs. It’s been a while since I had my issue so not sure if they fixed the problem yet. Regardless of which hole you use or how perfectly spaced the bar is, it will eventually rub after cornering. I did end up ordering Steeda springs and waiting on those to arrive. I’ll put it all on then.

Reactions
I eventually gave up and removed it. There is no way that bar will work with stock springs. It’s been a while since I had my issue so not sure if they fixed the problem yet. Regardless of which hole you use or how perfectly spaced the bar is, it will eventually rub after cornering. I did end up ordering Steeda springs and waiting on those to arrive. I’ll put it all on then.

I finally got my tracking# for my Steeda springs order yesterday (ordered back on Jan. 4th) :) . I currently also have stock springs w/ the rsb. I did have to cut off the end of the left side. Had the same exact issue as you. I'll eventually get a revised rear sway bar because my ocd can't stand knowing one side isn't 'whole'.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I'll eventually get a revised rear sway bar because my ocd can't stand knowing one side isn't 'whole'.
Just cut the other side? Thats what I did. I removed both of the end holes, then filed it smooth and painted it with Rustoleum gloss blue. Its a perfect color match and looks cleaner too.

Reactions
Just cut the other side? Thats what I did. I removed both of the end holes, then filed it smooth and painted it with Rustoleum gloss blue. Its a perfect color match and looks cleaner too.
The other side (right) is fine. works for me.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
When did you order yours? They were supposed to have fixed the issue although I have not seen anyone post any pics of the revised design. If it is banging into your springs, you will see the tell-tale marks on the coils. Also, just peek behind and see how close the bar ends are to the springs after every drive just to see if it moves side-to-side.

Reactions
When did you order yours? They were supposed to have fixed the issue although I have not seen anyone post any pics of the revised design. If it is banging into your springs, you will see the tell-tale marks on the coils. Also, just peek behind and see how close the bar ends are to the springs after every drive just to see if it moves side-to-side.
I just got mine in today, not installed yet. But I can take some measurements or pictures to see if its slightly different than the earlier ones.

Reactions
I ordered the sway bar this past weekend and should have it Friday as of today and can post pictures of it once I get it if needed as well

Reactions
I ordered the sway bar this past weekend and should have it Friday as of today and can post pictures of it once I get it if needed as well
Please do. I want to want this thing. Help me want it

Reactions
Please do. I want to want this thing. Help me want it

Agreed, I'd love to see pics of the revised RSB compared to a stock bar, or even by itself. My lowering springs will be here today (got tracking # Tuesday) and will be installed next week. I'm hoping to get a revised sway bar soon.

Reactions
Agreed, I'd love to see pics of the revised RSB compared to a stock bar, or even by itself. My lowering springs will be here today (got tracking # Tuesday) and will be installed next week. I'm hoping to get a revised sway bar soon.
What spring did you go with?