Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda rear sway/HR springs fitment

Reactions
Question... What are people doing with their stock springs? I didn’t intend to have them after the install of the Steedas, but the installer left them in the box in the back of my vehicle. I have no use for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Question... What are people doing with their stock springs? I didn’t intend to have them after the install of the Steedas, but the installer left them in the box in the back of my vehicle. I have no use for them.

I am keeping mine in case I resell it and someone wants them. They will go in the attic. I have a hard time throwing stuff away because the minute you do, you need it.

Reactions
Got my Steeda springs installed yesterday. in the first image you can see both the RSB (it's dirty) & (left) rear spring. That is the original Steeda sway bar w/ the last hole cutoff. I've got a revised version (like @boosted_st 's) arriving tomorrow.
What did you have to do to get them to send a revised version. I’m in same boat.

Reactions
Installed my H&Rs and Steeda sway bar this morning. I have the revised sway bar and it gives plenty of room.
20210313_120423.jpg

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
What did you have to do to get them to send a revised version. I’m in same boat.

Just give them a call and say it's banging up against the stock springs and leaving a mark.

Reactions
What are you all doing with the stock springs and bar? Is there a market for them for those with non ST Explorers?

Reactions

I just asked them. :)

Reactions
I attempted to install the revised RSB that I got, but there were issues with it. Take a look at the pictures. I know they made changes but this doesn't seem safe to me. Take a look at that Notch from the inside of the ring. Also one of them is warped (may be hard to see in the image).

cc: @tj@steeda

Attachments

Reactions
I attempted to install the revised RSB that I got, but there were issues with it. Take a look at the pictures. I know they made changes but this doesn't seem safe to me. Take a look at that Notch from the inside of the ring. Also one of them is warped (may be hard to see in the image).

cc: @tj@steeda
I don't remember there being any gaps on the one I got, but there was some warpage to those washers. I didn't think to much of that since those are just helping to keep it centered. Others can chime in with their thoughts as well, but as long as the washers are on there good then I can't see it being a safety issue.

Reactions
I don't remember there being any gaps on the one I got, but there was some warpage to those washers. I didn't think to much of that since those are just helping to keep it centered. Others can chime in with their thoughts as well, but as long as the washers are on there good then I can't see it being a safety issue.
They do seem on really solidly(is that a word?) on there. It was just a shock, and I'm concerned that the forces pressing on the washers would break the welds since it doesn't co all the way around on either. I appreciate you reply, thank you. :)

Reactions
most swaybars dont have any kind of washer or whatever to keep it centered...

Does the OEM have anything to keep it centered?

I know on the Corvette's I deal with they do not and its not a problem...

Dog shit QC aside obviously...

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Its definitely the case here like @rjacobs says that a) it doesn't matter that its badly done because the bar doesn't really rely on those for structural integrity, BUT b) holy crap that QC and fit and finish is awful and should never have been painted, much less shipped out that way. Its too bad, Steeda has always been known for making good stuff--but this looks like garbage. Good thing once its installed you will never see it, lol.

Reactions
most swaybars dont have any kind of washer or whatever to keep it centered...

Does the OEM have anything to keep it centered?

I know on the Corvette's I deal with they do not and its not a problem...

Dog shit QC aside obviously...
I can't remember if the stock sway bar had washers. Probably not. But the washers also changed from the original version. The washers on the revised version appear 'thinner' and don't (at least the ones on mine) have the reinforcement "triangles" that the original version did (I've got them outligned in yellow in this image).

Attachments

Reactions
Its definitely the case here like @rjacobs says that a) it doesn't matter that its badly done because the bar doesn't really rely on those for structural integrity, BUT b) holy crap that QC and fit and finish is awful and should never have been painted, much less shipped out that way. Its too bad, Steeda has always been known for making good stuff--but this looks like garbage. Good thing once its installed you will never see it, lol.
So do you think it's safe that I install this revised one, or should I see if Steeda will replace this one?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
So do you think it's safe that I install this revised one, or should I see if Steeda will replace this one?
Depends on your tolerance and patience levels I guess. Its "safe". Its just up to you if you think you got your moneys worth yet or not.

Reactions
I would send them pics and ask them if thats the kind of quality they are ok with putting out...

Dont install it and then complain after the fact.

Reactions
Im getting ready to order a swaybar and springs so this QC issue interests me...

Reactions
I would send them pics and ask them if thats the kind of quality they are ok with putting out...

Dont install it and then complain after the fact.
Oh I've already emailed them with pics and asking "WTFrakk happened here", essentially. :)

Reactions
SteedaRearSwaybarInstall001.jpg
Since I already have the photo figured may as well put it here, the stock bar doesn't have anything to keep it centered. When I added a rear swat bar to my '06 Silverado SS I had in the past that bar never had anything to keep it centered either. So I would have to think those aren't really needed. And as for not looking the prettiest, once installed you don't see them anyway. Here is what you see:

SteedaRearSwaybarInstall003.jpg
Before anyone points it out, I know the exhaust hangers weren't connected, they are now lol.

Reactions
Since I already have the photo figured may as well put it here, the stock bar doesn't have anything to keep it centered. When I added a rear swat bar to my '06 Silverado SS I had in the past that bar never had anything to keep it centered either. So I would have to think those aren't really needed. And as for not looking the prettiest, once installed you don't see them anyway. Here is what you see:

Before anyone points it out, I know the exhaust hangers weren't connected, they are now lol.
Appreciate the confirmation. Thankfully Steeda has responded to my email and is investigating. :)