Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda rear sway/HR springs fitment

Reactions
Anyone else with HR lowering springs have any fitment issues on the firmest setting with the Steeda sway bar? The end of the bar is slightly rubbing against the HR springs...my installer is going to cut that last hole off the bar to make it fit but seems like this shouldn’t need to be done...?

706E39CB-3CA1-4353-9E31-3996639D6C3B.jpeg AD462E6A-B5FD-45DA-B842-5A2856B18FFF.jpeg 4A9191C1-ED4D-4936-94E9-F86F591195FE.jpeg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine has about 3/16” on both sides on the middle hole.

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
ya i went with the first hole - maybe that's the problem...but still, it should just fit i think. probably the Steeda lowering springs are a little thinner maybe and work better - oh well, sawzall it is!

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
ya i went with the first hole - maybe that's the problem...but still, it should just fit i think. probably the Steeda lowering springs are a little thinner maybe and work better - oh well, sawzall it is!
I am working with Steeda now regarding my sway bar. I’ve had to loosen and adjust it three times now. It moves when taking a hard corner because flanges aren’t tight against the bushings and the ends are way to close to the springs. They want me to remove it and provide them with measurements. I don’t think the hole you choose makes a difference on how close it is to the springs. The end of the bar hits the spring. I make just cut the end off like mentioned earlier but shouldn’t have too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
can verify, steeda springs and bar here. no contact. but i agree with @UNBROKEN why even have the third hole. just cut it off or bend the flanges out a bit more and give yourself alot more room to work with.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Anyone else with HR lowering springs have any fitment issues on the firmest setting with the Steeda sway bar? The end of the bar is slightly rubbing against the HR springs...my installer is going to cut that last hole off the bar to make it fit but seems like this shouldn’t need to be done...?
Your first pic looks like the bar is centered and there is enough space to avoid contact on both sides. Maybe you just need those collars that Unbroken suggested to keep it from sliding. Other pictures make it hard to tell what's what because of the camera angle.

Reactions
Just checking in here ... looks like you are working with our internal team. If there is anything I can help assist with - don't hesitate to let me know.

You can reach me at tim@steeda.com

Have a great night.

TJ

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just checking in here ... looks like you are working with our internal team. If there is anything I can help assist with - don't hesitate to let me know.

You can reach me at tim@steeda.com

Have a great night.

TJ
You probably won’t get more feedback in one place than here. I’d take a look at all the threads about this...seems like y’all could fix the issue with one small jig adjustment.

Reactions
When we design, engineer & manufacture our parts - we do so with the intent they work in unison with the other Steeda parts we produce, we can't always test the other parts to ensure it fits across the board.

I will speak to our team & see what our next steps are.

TJ

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
When we design, engineer & manufacture our parts - we do so with the intent they work in unison with the other Steeda parts we produce, we can't always test the other parts to ensure it fits across the board.

TJ
I understand and I’ve said as such here on this forum. I’m just saying a minor tweak will solve any issues with any coil including OEM and competitors.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I understand and I’ve said as such here on this forum. I’m just saying a minor tweak will solve any issues with any coil including OEM and competitors.
They also replied and said they make them so close to the springs to allow for wider tires.

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
They also replied and said they make them so close to the springs to allow for wider tires.

How much wider than 305/315 would you wanna go?? I’m running 305 like a lot of guys on here I think - and I had to cut the ends off to make it work properly, unfortunately..
I wonder is Steeda gonna fix the design and replace for those of us that had similar issues..?

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
How much wider than 305/315 would you wanna go?? I’m running 305 like a lot of guys on here I think - and I had to cut the ends off to make it work properly, unfortunately..
I wonder is Steeda gonna fix the design and replace for those of us that had similar issues..?
I think they will replace them if pressed. However, I don’t have the patience to wait for international shipping and it’s rubbing now. Just pulled it up on ramps to try and fix it again. I’ll probably just cut the end hole off.

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
I think they will replace them if pressed. However, I don’t have the patience to wait for international shipping and it’s rubbing now. Just pulled it up on ramps to try and fix it again. I’ll probably just cut the end hole off.

My thoughts exactly, and exactly what I did!

Reactions

TJ
Just a reminder, you don’t manufacture them but you market H&R springs for a 2020 explorer with no mention of possible problems. Just saying.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just a reminder, you don’t manufacture them but you market H&R springs for a 2020 explorer with no mention of possible problems. Just saying.
That makes no sense. How about stock springs. That’s what I have. Unless they want to give me a free set of Steeda springs.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
That makes no sense. How about stock springs. That’s what I have. Unless they want to give me a free set of Steeda springs.

Under the vehicle now. The first pic is the left side and the second pic is the right side. Left is hitting. There isn’t hardly any space on the right side to even shift it over to the left.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Under the vehicle now. The first pic is the left side and the second pic is the right side. Left is hitting. There isn’t hardly any space on the right side to even shift it over to the left.

I took off the Steeda sway bar and compared it to my stock one. The stock one is almost an over an

inch wider.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The only change that needs to be made is adjust the welding jig to move the ends out 1/4” per side. Problem solved...zero cost impact.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
The only change that needs to be made is adjust the welding jig to move the ends out 1/4” per side. Problem solved...zero cost impact.
Exactly. It’s angled in too much at the ends.

Explorer ST Posts