Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST - Storm Trooper Build

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #241
That is great news - My RS and ST are anxiously awaiting for Adam to be back. From everything I have read on here he has been very pro-active with all these changes
I have confirmed he will be back. I encourage you get on the waiting list on the ZFG site if you haven’t already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #243
Not sure if you’re like me but I hate the green light on the ignition button. It just stares at me!! I had to do something about it. They are SMD led diodes and are a pain to get to and change out. So I did a little hack.

Pop off the inner portion with a butter knife or similar tool and you will see the green and blue lights. You will need to slide the clear plastic piece that helps illuminate the green light out. Once you slide that out use something to cut the black plastic exposing the green led and help shine the blue throughout the entire opening. I used a pair of micro wire cutters

Before

After

Now take a tool that is sharp and scrap the top of the green light to burn it out or use something to cover it. (Black electrical tape if you plan on wanting the green light again). Now the blue bulb is the only light and matches the console and dash lights.

Finished in 5 mins

Searched eBay and found a solid red to get rid of the carbon so it doesn’t clash so much.

Plan to wrap the outer ring in satin black.

This mod is not for everyone but wanted to share. @UNBROKEN can’t be the only one with ideas!!

Last edited:
OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #244
Plus the new button cover will match these that are in the works!

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Plus the new button cover will match these that are in the works!

you know what you don't realize until you install extensions? how wiggly the flappy paddles are... my extensions are super snug on the paddles but they still flex a bunch--tapping on the very edge of the extension will very rarely initiate a shift... this post has me VERY curious.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #247
you know what you don't realize until you install extensions? how wiggly the flappy paddles are... my extensions are super snug on the paddles but they still flex a bunch--tapping on the very edge of the extension will very rarely initiate a shift... this post has me VERY curious.
I know what you mean. These are supposedly full replacements. I’ll have to remove the airbag again to install.

I’ll see in 4 weeks!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
A little addition with an old school hot rod taillight trick. It’s dark inside the switch so I lined it with shiny foil tape...got the light a bit brighter. 50D7E161-0AD3-448E-A2E9-A368A8A8173C.jpeg

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #251
A little addition with an old school hot rod taillight trick. It’s dark inside the switch so I lined it with shiny foil tape...got the light a bit brighter. View attachment 4689
I did notice is was dimmer during sun light hours this morning.

Great addition. I was thinking of reusing the clear plastic piece somehow but this is a better solution.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I did notice is was dimmer during sun light hours this morning.

Great addition. I was thinking of reusing the clear plastic piece somehow but this is a better solution.

I may try a piece of clear plastic as a lens like the one you have to remove...if I happen to stumble across something. A little hot glue would hold it.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #253
I may try a piece of clear plastic as a lens like the one you have to remove...if I happen to stumble across something. A little hot glue would hold it.
Foil tape worked like a charm. Shines in the sun.

Took off the red since I have a solid one coming in.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #254
Added the red paddles and it flows nicely with the steering wheel.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Did you fill the letters or did you get a set without them?

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #256
Did you fill the letters or did you get a set without them?
I messaged them and they happened to have a set w/o

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #258
Nice. That’s only the 2nd set I’ve ever seen without.
My other order of the custom ones was a shit show. Took my money and 2 months later said they can’t make them. Oh well. 30 bucks for these and looks nice

skipdup

Reactions
@Nbk4t5e Would you mind sharing who does your wrap, clear bra, etc? I'm (basically) in SATX too. Thank you!

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #260
@Nbk4t5e Would you mind sharing who does your wrap, clear bra, etc? I'm (basically) in SATX too. Thank you!
I use Ish Window Tint on crosswinds. Ask for Ish

Explorer ST Posts