Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST - Storm Trooper Build

Reactions
They are gonna do a custom ST logo under the resin and clear. I will tell you a custom steering wheel is an awesome mod imo.

I’m going to dye the stitching on the seats and door panels red as well.

Pretty excited for this mod over anything !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have any recommendations on how to dye the stitching red? I have a Rapid Red ST and the white stitching just doesn't look right. I've added a couple of simple things with red accent, like a steering wheel cover (I am jealous you are getting a custom steering wheel but it's not in my budget sadly) and the 37 piece cup holder hero set which puts some red in view in all three rows, although i never put my third row up.
Amazon.com: CupHolderHero for Ford Explorer Accessories 2020-2021 Premium Custom Interior Non-Slip Anti Dust Cup Holder Inserts, Center Console Liner Mats, Door Pocket Liners 37-pc Set (Red Trim)

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #263
Do you have any recommendations on how to dye the stitching red? I have a Rapid Red ST and the white stitching just doesn't look right. I've added a couple of simple things with red accent, like a steering wheel cover (I am jealous you are getting a custom steering wheel but it's not in my budget sadly) and the 37 piece cup holder hero set which puts some red in view in all three rows, although i never put my third row up.
Amazon.com: CupHolderHero for Ford Explorer Accessories 2020-2021 Premium Custom Interior Non-Slip Anti Dust Cup Holder Inserts, Center Console Liner Mats, Door Pocket Liners 37-pc Set (Red Trim)
Thanks!

So I’ve looked into dying mine and what I’ve found that is one of the best ways is using a sharpie red marker and setting the tip on each stitch letting the dye run into it. Sounds crazy but it works just takes a ton of time. Actual dye pins lose color.

YouTube it 1st...

Reactions
Thanks!

So I’ve looked into dying mine and what I’ve found that is one of the best ways is using a sharpie red marker and setting the tip on each stitch letting the dye run into it. Sounds crazy but it works just takes a ton of time. Actual dye pins lose color.

YouTube it 1st...

Thanks for the quick reply. I will check out YouTube. I may also run by a local upholstery place too and see what it would cost to have some red inserts put into the seats, I just haven't quite figured out where to put them yet, I don't want it to be too gawdy. It's going to be a time consuming process with all the stitching, lol. Maybe wait until fall here in TX and do it on a rainy fall day.

Reactions
So I got a little impatient and pulled the chisel tip marker out of my golf bag and did a test. It is the standard Sharpie red but it’s really dark when you put it on. I’ll have to clean up the leather on the test but I’m also going to try both fine tip and regular tip Sharpies.

Attachments

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #266
So I got a little impatient and pulled the chisel tip marker out of my golf bag and did a test. It is the standard Sharpie red but it’s really dark when you put it on. I’ll have to clean up the leather on the test but I’m also going to try both fine tip and regular tip Sharpies.
Very tedious work :)

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #267
Wrapped to match the hood and installed

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #268

Love the look

Reactions
Me too, that's a really clean look. I was walking up to the back of mine today thinking, crap, I am going to end up getting one of those panels, lol.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #270
Me too, that's a really clean look. I was walking up to the back of mine today thinking, crap, I am going to end up getting one of those panels, lol.
It’s worth it if you liked attention to detail. Money well spent over here !

Reactions

Which color headlight cover did you use? I also have a Star White and I like the look of yours.

Reactions

Well, like you I am painfully coloring my stitching red so I do like details :). Can you tell me where you got that piece?

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #273
Which color headlight cover did you use? I also have a Star White and I like the look of yours.
Dark over the amber light then light over the rest. Looks darker than it is

Last edited:
OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #274
Well, like you I am painfully coloring my stitching red so I do like details :). Can you tell me where you got that piece?
Luxe Auto Concepts

Forged carbon wrap

Reactions
Added the red paddles and it flows nicely with the steering wheel.

Where could I find a similar steering wheel and red paddles? That is the best I have seen by far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #276
Where could I find a similar steering wheel and red paddles? That is the best I have seen by far!

Steering wheel is a one off … carbontastic.com

Paddles are on eBay

Search

Car Steering Wheel Shifter Extension Paddle For Ford Explorer 2020 2021

Reactions
Steering wheel is a one off … carbontastic.com

Paddles are on eBay

Search

Car Steering Wheel Shifter Extension Paddle For Ford Explorer 2020 2021

I went back and checked the thread again and found the link! Thank you for the reply. Did you choose the gloss carbon option?

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #278
I went back and checked the thread again and found the link! Thank you for the reply. Did you choose the gloss carbon option?

Yes sir

Explorer ST Posts