Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Availability... WTH?

St3Ven

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
starting to wonder if I should just wait for the 2024 model. Do I preorder the 2024 or get the 2023. Hmmmm. I wish there was an official release date already for the 2024. It would be worth it if the 2024 had blue cruise. Some manufacturers already have 2024s rolling out.

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
Thread Starter #42
starting to wonder if I should just wait for the 2024 model. Do I preorder the 2024 or get the 2023. Hmmmm. I wish there was an official release date already for the 2024. It would be worth it if the 2024 had blue cruise. Some manufacturers already have 2024s rolling out.
Ditto. And Sync 4

Apriefer

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer limited
I was told weeks ago that mine has been shipped from manufacturing and is at the train yard. Would it apply to that one also? Plus, I get distribution, but I hate that I have to wait as it is built within 30 min of my home at the Chicago plant.
I was also told this back in May. The dealer had train numbers truck numbers everything saying it was to be delivered that day. But the modem in the car showed it never left Chicago. Don't hold your breath

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Ditto. And Sync 4
The 2024 front end refresh is hideous.... so there is that to consider.

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #45
I think it may be worth it for Blue Cruise. Especially if they decide to upgrade the powertrain (doubtful though).

St3Ven

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
IMO the front end isn’t that bad, but it’s not much of an improvement, they could have done much better. I really like the rear and what the they did with the taillight. I’m a big fan of extended taillight bar like with the Lincoln Navigator or Dodge Durango. Something about that long taillight bar that extends around the rear just appeals to me.
I’m good with the current tablet style vertical entertainment center in the 2023. If the 2024 has a bigger entertainment center that would be awesome. I love screens.
Blue cruise would be the jackpot for me, I drive everyday, mostly freeway, and I would absolutely love some form of autonomous driving. Even adaptive cruise with stop and go is very useful on the current generation. After test driving vehicles with it, I would not buy one without it.

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #47
IMO the front end isn’t that bad, but it’s not much of an improvement, they could have done much better. I really like the rear and what the they did with the taillight. I’m a big fan of extended taillight bar like with the Lincoln Navigator or Dodge Durango. Something about that long taillight bar that extends around the rear just appeals to me.
I’m good with the current tablet style vertical entertainment center in the 2023. If the 2024 has a bigger entertainment center that would be awesome. I love screens.
Blue cruise would be the jackpot for me, I drive everyday, mostly freeway, and I would absolutely love some form of autonomous driving. Even adaptive cruise with stop and go is very useful on the current generation. After test driving vehicles with it, I would not buy one without it.
From what I have seen the infotainment in the '24 is horizontal now. Not sure what the upgraded technology would provide.

St3Ven

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
From what I have seen the infotainment in the '24 is horizontal now. Not sure what the upgraded technology would provide.
Faster response time on the infotainment system, Sync 4 id hope, better backup camera. What would be really cool is something like Dodge’s Performance Pages.

Reactions
They haven't figured out how to get the 20-23 model years to be reliable, you think they'll get it right in 24?!

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #50
They haven't figured out how to get the 20-23 model years to be reliable, you think they'll get it right in 24?!
In a word... NO.

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #51
My 2016 Limited has been pretty reliable though. Till the tranny just went out. I can't complain with how much I drive though. Bought it in 2016 with 14K. Currently at 155K and I haven't driven it for 3 months.

I put 3K on the car I am driving right now in just under 1 month.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Got a call from my dealer today my ST will be delivered September 3 less the 360 camera. Order placed late March. Camera will get fixed eventually under warranty. Still need to work out discounts for the “deal”. Word is a vehicle devalues 10% driving off the lot so that is my target.

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
I would wait for a 2024 model unless they are going to be doing $20k off MSRP on a 2023 model.

Reactions
Probably waiting on rear differentials. They're on national backorder with not ETA. Several people have been waiting months for them to come in so we can get our vehicles back from the dealer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
More 2023 Explorer news:

Ford Explorer Discount Offers Up To $1,500 Off During August 2023

https://fordauthority.us13.list-man...7cbfc18410b87e54ce&id=353fc9f46a&e=b9fe6a7d98

2023 Ford Explorer Gains Reverse Brake Assist Credit Option

https://fordauthority.us13.list-man...7cbfc18410b87e54ce&id=00d37e4443&e=b9fe6a7d98

2023 Ford Explorer Gains 360-Degree Camera Credit Option

https://fordauthority.us13.list-man...7cbfc18410b87e54ce&id=f5be391903&e=b9fe6a7d98

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Got a call from my dealer today my ST will be delivered September 3 less the 360 camera. Order placed late March. Camera will get fixed eventually under warranty. Still need to work out discounts for the “deal”. Word is a vehicle devalues 10% driving off the lot so that is my target.
Hey Tommech, I'm active right now on the 360 Camera Stop Sale thread but I saw your post here... just curious how things have panned out for you. Did you get your ST? Minus the 360 camera? Still with the promise of it getting fixed under warranty? I hope it worked out... let us know!

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/ford-explorer-st-recall-23s23-360-degree-camera-stop-sale.5925/

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Hi Midlife. Welcome to the thread or bitch session. I learned my ST was built and delivered to an area rail yard and then shipped back to somewhere. I assume for the camera fix but those details not available. I asked about the camera being installed later under warranty but again no answer. I’m ready to bail on the 2023 and wait for the 2024 that I hear will be same as a 2023 with a mid year design change. I got the x plan discount thru mustang club of America valid to July 2024.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hi Midlife. Welcome to the thread or bitch session. I learned my ST was built and delivered to an area rail yard and then shipped back to somewhere. I assume for the camera fix but those details not available. I asked about the camera being installed later under warranty but again no answer. I’m ready to bail on the 2023 and wait for the 2024 that I hear will be same as a 2023 with a mid year design change. I got the x plan discount thru mustang club of America valid to July 2024.
Sadly, I am not surprised! That all sounds typical for many people's experiences. Sorry to hear it. ST's are showing up on lots with the 360 cameras deleted and a $650 credit... that might be what I have to do, but that also means abandoning my build and the pricing I locked in. The 401A package is now $950 higher than it was when I ordered in March, not to mention the 0% financing I locked in. No good options at the moment. Best of luck!

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #59
Sadly, I am not surprised! That all sounds typical for many people's experiences. Sorry to hear it. ST's are showing up on lots with the 360 cameras deleted and a $650 credit... that might be what I have to do, but that also means abandoning my build and the pricing I locked in. The 401A package is now $950 higher than it was when I ordered in March, not to mention the 0% financing I locked in. No good options at the moment. Best of luck!
Midlife...

In Cincinnati... no camera delete... no stop sale.
Check it out.

https://www.kingsfordinc.com/invent...er-st-awd-4d-sport-utility-1fm5k8gc3pgb16840/

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #60
Got the ST today. Finally. Spoke to the GM and he basically honored the deal that I originally agreed to (even though this one's sticker was $500 less). I'm good with that though. Much better than THOUSANDS.