Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Availability... WTH?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
20k ST and Lincolns sitting waiting to get released??? If they do get fixed in July or later the 23’s are almost a model year old! I wonder if there will be any negotiation room on the price? Otherwise order a 24 but I like the aggressive design of the 23. The front of the 24 is softened in my opinion and they removed the dual exhaust off the rear. This is per recent spy pictures and posts.

Sid1004

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 22
20k ST and Lincolns sitting waiting to get released??? If they do get fixed in July or later the 23’s are almost a model year old! I wonder if there will be any negotiation room on the price? Otherwise order a 24 but I like the aggressive design of the 23. The front of the 24 is softened in my opinion and they removed the dual exhaust off the rear. This is per recent spy pictures and posts.
I agree. I am based out of UAE and I have already taken up the matter of compensation with the dealer. From what I understand, this initiative needs to be supported by the Ford as Dealers are also at loss here as they are unable to sell the car. I would suggest for all of us (new buyers yet to receive the car) to take this up on twitter and tag official accounts of ford. They are quite active on twitter and this would surely raise the matter of compensation to the highest level. In a nutshell, Customers are not getting the car without any fault of their own. They are not getting the car due to a ‘Safety’ manufacturing fault from Ford. I am strongly of the opinion, this calls for compensation as we as a customer are in full support of ford by patiently waiting for the car and therefore, ford should also reciprocate by compensating the buyers who have booked the car and yet to receive.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I agree. I am based out of UAE and I have already taken up the matter of compensation with the dealer. From what I understand, this initiative needs to be supported by the Ford as Dealers are also at loss here as they are unable to sell the car. I would suggest for all of us (new buyers yet to receive the car) to take this up on twitter and tag official accounts of ford. They are quite active on twitter and this would surely raise the matter of compensation to the highest level. In a nutshell, Customers are not getting the car without any fault of their own. They are not getting the car due to a ‘Safety’ manufacturing fault from Ford. I am strongly of the opinion, this calls for compensation as we as a customer are in full support of ford by patiently waiting for the car and therefore, ford should also reciprocate by compensating the buyers who have booked the car and yet to receive.
Or purchase another brand that doesn't have this many recalls on a brand new vehicle.

That also sends a message.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
I received a text today from my dealer that the camera issue is hardware and not software. They also informed me they would be okay to cancel my order and refund my $500 deposit. I’m not going to rush the cancellation to wait to see what ford does like sid1004 posted. Dealers may get stuck with a bunch of 23’s and let the discounts come.

St3Ven

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I received a text today from my dealer that the camera issue is hardware and not software. They also informed me they would be okay to cancel my order and refund my $500 deposit. I’m not going to rush the cancellation to wait to see what ford does like sid1004 posted. Dealers may get stuck with a bunch of 23’s and let the discounts come.
What boggles my mind is how they’re just telling you today that it’s not a software issue but hardware. The current recall initiated 2 months ago, plus this exact issue was part of the several previous recalls in which they tried to fix it via software patches. They just kicked the can down the road with their previous “fixes.” If Ford had just dealt with the problem thoroughly from the first time this issue came up, they probably wouldn’t be in this dilemma.
What killing me how long this is taking and the lack of communication from Ford about the progress. Get it together Ford.

St3Ven

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Or purchase another brand that doesn't have this many recalls on a brand new vehicle.

What would you recommend in place of the Explorer ST that has similar performance and specs without costing a ton more? I’ve looked at the Durango R/T but it doesn’t come with a lot of the features that I like from the Explorer unless you get a tow n go RT, but it seems like the industry is shifting away from large displacement engines.

Sid1004

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 22

I completely agree. But here in the UAE, I am yet to find a comparable SUV that provides similar torque and power at this price range.
What would you recommend in place of the Explorer ST that has similar performance and specs without costing a ton more? I’ve looked at the Durango R/T but it doesn’t come with a lot of the features that I like from the Explorer unless you get a tow n go RT, but it seems like the industry is shifting away from large displacement engines.
Agreed, I am yet to find a SUV in UAE which provides similar torque and power at this price range. Acceleration of this car is quite impressive. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I completely agree. But here in the UAE, I am yet to find a comparable SUV that provides similar torque and power at this price range.

Agreed, I am yet to find a SUV in UAE which provides similar torque and power at this price range. Acceleration of this car is quite impressive. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Your point is very valid, I love my ST if it wasn't for so many recalls.

Im so sick of the parking brake software as a fix for poorly engineered rear frame bolt. Its been almost a year ship the damn bolts.

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
Thread Starter #29
At this point I'm wondering if I should just wait for the '24 to see what the changes are. Just place an order for exactly what I want.

King7878

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
My wheels are also stuck in the holding lot too. For those wondering why a vehicle biult on say May 5/23 and beyond can't ship. Manufacturing logistics is a long process
The day an order is placed into "in process" that allocates a parts lot that starts to be picked and added to the line for said vehicle. The parts can take months sometimes to fully collect for a biuld. But once the minimum threshold is reached a car can be built, however it can be missing several minor components that don't effect physical construction. The part on recall is likely one of the minimum parts that's needed since it's buried under everything. Thus the hold. Cars biuld on hold are likely drivable but parts are laying in the back of interior exposed waiting for replacement/final install. Bottom line the 2-3 faulty cameras may be from 2021 parts lot for all we know.

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
Thread Starter #31
My wheels are also stuck in the holding lot too. For those wondering why a vehicle biult on say May 5/23 and beyond can't ship. Manufacturing logistics is a long process...
I was told weeks ago that mine has been shipped from manufacturing and is at the train yard. Would it apply to that one also? Plus, I get distribution, but I hate that I have to wait as it is built within 30 min of my home at the Chicago plant.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I was looking at a Tahoe RST but that's not segment comparable as its a full size SUV

Also the Genesis GV70 AWD Sport Plus Twin Turbo 3.0L, downside it's only 2 rows of seating but build QC and features blow the Explorer away.

Vaeevictiss

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST, 2021 Mustang GT
I was looking at a Tahoe RST but that's not segment comparable as its a full size SUV

Also the Genesis GV70 AWD Sport Plus Twin Turbo 3.0L, downside it's only 2 rows of seating but build QC and features blow the Explorer away.
i hear nothing but good things about the acura MDX type s. and its only about a 1/4 second slower 0-60 than the ST. And honestly, i think it looks sharper.

Sid1004

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 22
Update - Ford has announced fix for 23S23 recall. Refer ford website. Not the best solution, but a software update will be available from Aug 2023

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That is only an interim fix until a permanent one is available. A software update again.

St3Ven

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Update - Ford has announced fix for 23S23 recall. Refer ford website. Not the best solution, but a software update will be available from Aug 2023
I haven’t seen this, I looked the recall look up on Fords Website and it still says Remedy Unavailable.
Could you show us where you see this?

Attachments

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I haven’t seen this, I looked the recall look up on Fords Website and it still says Remedy Unavailable.
Could you show us where you see this?
23S23/23V342
Issue Date
2023-05-12
Description
You may intermittently experience a rear camera blue or black image on the sync screen when the vehicle is placed in reverse or when the 360 degree view is selected and available during low-speed operation. Once displayed, the rear camera blue or black image may persist for the remainder of the ignition on cycle. Once present, the issue is likely to reoccur on subsequent key cycles.
Safety Risk
The loss of the rear camera image while in reverse increases the risk of a crash.
Remedy
Currently, Ford Motor Company does not have a permanent fix available however, if you observe a blue or black screen on the rearview 360 degree camera when in reverse, Ford has authorized your dealer to update the camera systems software as an interim repair prior to availability of the permanent fix. The interim repair is anticipated to become available beginning the week of August 7, 2023 and is being offered free of charge parts and labor. You will receive another letter when a permanent fix becomes available.
Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the “find a dealer” feature below.

Sid1004

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 22
That is only an interim fix until a permanent one is available. A software update again.
I hope they lift the recall on the car as well as ‘Stop sale instruction.

St3Ven

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I just called a Ford Dealership and the salesman told me that he sold a new 2023 ST that was not part of the recall last week. I know the ones produced after 05/02/2023 do not have the recall as the part was taken out of production so they are not affected. However, when I look them up online, they have all said "In transit", I have even called and verified with dealerships and they have all said they are in transit about a few weeks to a month out. I'm not sure if the salesman I Just spoke with was being honest or being sleazy trying to make a sale. I had informed him that I was aware of the recall and stop sale on the affected Explorers but apparently they had one that was not affected and were able to sell it. A lot of the salesmen I have spoken with are fully aware of the recall and stop sale, and they just want to get you in to "work the numbers" and make a sale.

I also asked him since Ford has announced an interim fix if they are able to sell me one with the recall and he said he would find out and call me back. Seems like dealers haven't official received the this interim fix but I will find out when he calls me back.

Vaeevictiss

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST, 2021 Mustang GT
Still a month out though