Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Squeaking noise coming from lowering springs

Cwczx3

Reactions
Vehicle
202 Explorer ST
Anyone hear of any updated from Lethal yet? Been holding off ordering springs till issue was resolved.

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Nothing yet but I just sent an email to @Lethalperformance .
The below is the message I received from Matt @Lethalperformance .

"Nothing yet, but we are moving closer. I reached out to our Rep last week but he was out, but did confirm the email. As soon as I have a concrete path forward I will let you know.

Matt"

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Have been communicating with Lethal this morning on a resolution. My patients comes from great communication between them and I from the very start. I need to trust what they are saying, that they are working to get this resolved. The details of this is something Matt and his team are working on and will provide details as they are available.

For now, I will push the springs again and hope it last 2 more months.
Following

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Received the below from @Lethalperformance today.

"Moving forward with additional tooling to use during the bending process, and then going to green light a set of sample rear springs. I will send them to you for testing the first batch if you are OK with that. We're looking at 5-6 weeks for them to make the tooling, then the Rear Springs."

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions

"Moving forward with additional tooling to use during the bending process, and then going to green light a set of sample rear springs. I will send them to you for testing the first batch if you are OK with that. We're looking at 5-6 weeks for them to make the tooling, then the Rear Springs."
Sure hope they solve the problem for you. Or they might have to put you on the payroll. Good luck.

Reactions
Sure hope they solve the problem for you. Or they might have to put you on the payroll. Good luck.

I can’t wait to see what the ride hight ends up on the new rears?

Cwczx3

Reactions
Vehicle
202 Explorer ST
Man I don't wanna wait but I do. Anxious to get this thing lowered. Wonder if I buy now and have problems later will they swap them out???

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Man I don't wanna wait but I do. Anxious to get this thing lowered. Wonder if I buy now and have problems later will they swap them out???
You should wait.

Reactions
I'm surprised that they are still selling the springs knowing they have an issue.

Reactions
@JakeLethal, once the new springs are ready, will there be a trade in for the old ones? I have a set (ordered on Black Friday) I haven't installed yet and only want to do the job once if possible. It sounds like an eta of end of April? does that sound about correct?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
@JakeLethal, once the new springs are ready, will there be a trade in for the old ones? I have a set (ordered on Black Friday) I haven't installed yet and only want to do the job once if possible. It sounds like an eta of end of April? does that sound about correct?
^^ THIS ^^ I'm in the same boat. Still have the springs ordered back Nov 22

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I suggest reaching out to Lethal Performance directly by using their email address, support@lethalperformance.com If I was them, I would want to address each customer concern one-on-one verse a forum environment. They have been really good about replying back in a timely manner.

Reactions
I suggest reaching out to Lethal Performance directly by using their email address, support@lethalperformance.com If I was them, I would want to address each customer concern one-on-one verse a forum environment. They have been really good about replying back in a timely manner.
Yeah I will, I just thought it would be nice to address this here as well. thanks, Hope this gets rectified soon for all of us.

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yeah I will, I just thought it would be nice to address this here as well. thanks, Hope this gets rectified soon for all of us.
Me too.

HOODED DON

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
^^ THIS ^^ I'm in the same boat. Still have the springs ordered back Nov 22
Same issue. And they won't cover shipping!

SC_ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
I had ordered Lethal Springs without knowing the issue of the squeak.... I have since returned them...In speaking with them seems the spring itself is too large at the base causing binding with the sides of the lower control arm. The Lethal springs seem to have the same diameter for the bottom coil, instead of having a progressive wound coil that goes to full diameter as it increases in diameter/winds up.
I was informed they have new springs in development and are out 8-12 weeks before the new testers become available. I have ordered H&R in the meantime, while the Lethal Team sorts the springs out. I will want my ST to be as low as possible and will revert back to the Lethals once they have been tested and all is good. Nothing but good things to say about the team at Lethal in handling my concerns, I will buy from them again.