Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Squeaking noise coming from lowering springs

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
Received the below from @Lethalperformance today.

"Moving forward with additional tooling to use during the bending process, and then going to green light a set of sample rear springs. I will send them to you for testing the first batch if you are OK with that. We're looking at 5-6 weeks for them to make the tooling, then the Rear Springs."
Any updates on this? Have been pushing off ordering springs as I want the drop of the lethals but dont want to be constantly swapping out springs.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Any updates on this? Have been pushing off ordering springs as I want the drop of the lethals but dont want to be constantly swapping out springs.
The last update I got from @Lethalperformance was on the April 28th. They stated that the manufacture of the springs has pushed the date and that they will let me know when it is going to be update. Nothing yet.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Reached out to LP to buy springs but they are (out of stock) 6-8 weeks out before they have inventory. LP did offer the H&R and Steedas instead but I'd rather go LP because of the 2in drop. However, I'm assuming this next batch should address the sizing concerns.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Reached out to LP to buy springs but they are (out of stock) 6-8 weeks out before they have inventory. LP did offer the H&R and Steedas instead but I'd rather go LP because of the 2in drop. However, I'm assuming this next batch should address the sizing concerns.
I know that Lethal is working on this if you can hold out for a little while.

Reactions
Hey all,
I don't have my ST lowered butI just noticed today while driving I am hearing a creaking noise from the front passenger wheel when coming to a stop around 10mph or so..
I believe it's the bushing. Anyone confirm this? It makes this noise only when coming to a stop and not while driving. Again the car suspension is stock. It makes the noise when the wheel does a complete 360 I hear it *click.....click.....click*
Tks.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Your description sounds brake related.

Reactions
Your description sounds brake related.
Thanks GearHead. What do you think the issue is? I just had Ford do a brake job due to the wheel hub and rotors being rusted. They found this out when I brought the ST in to swap my winter rims/tires. Tks.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Obviously, there are a number of things it could be but if I had just had brakes done and heard a noise that is present while braking, I'd be back having them look things over.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have received, and installed, a sample set of rear springs from Lethal Performance. They have been installed for about a week now and have not experienced the rubbing/noise issues that I had from the original version. They are currently processing feedback provided and I will leave it to Lethal Performance to provide specifics to product updates. @Lethalperformance

hskrs10

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
I have received, and installed, a sample set of rear springs from Lethal Performance. They have been installed for about a week now and have not experienced the rubbing/noise issues that I had from the original version. They are currently processing feedback provided and I will leave it to Lethal Performance to provide specifics to product updates. @Lethalperformance
I swapped my spring with new set from Lethal about 3-4 months ago and haven't had any issues since. Definitely fixed the problem and much happier

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thanks for the update!!
I am waiting for the re-tooled springs to be manufactured and was given the 7-8 weeks time frame for estimated ETA yesterday when I reached out to LP. I'm assuming it's because they are waiting to see how these sample sets work in real world tests before doing a large batch run? I'm happy that they are really working to get these right and have been more than willing to work with me on the exchange of the set I had purchased. They offered up H&R or Steeda as well but I prefer to wait for the LP springs - patience is a virtue!!

Reactions
Cajun, how’s the ride hight with the new rears? Thanks! Jim

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Cajun, how’s the ride hight with the new rears? Thanks! Jim
Hey Jim,

I am measuring 17.5" center-hub to fender well with a half tank of gas.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Update to next gen springs from Lethal.

Still no issues after almost 2 months in.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
@Cajun Heat - I take it you're satisfied with the results thus far from the pilot run you had on these revised LP springs?

Just wrapped a quick chat with Lethal - I'm quoted 3 - 4 more weeks out before new shipment arrives for sales and distribution.
Shout out to Lethal for also adjusting my points based on spend in the last 6mos - can't wait to pull the trigger on them new springs and off to powder coat.

Last edited:

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
@Cajun Heat - I take it you're satisfied with the results thus far from the pilot run you had on these revised LP springs?

Just wrapped a quick chat with Lethal - I'm quoted 3 - 4 more weeks out before new shipment arrives for sales and distribution.
Shout out to Lethal for also adjusting my points based on spend in the last 6mos - can't wait to pull the trigger on them new springs and off to powder coat.
I am satisfied with the performance and ride height of the new springs.