Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Springs installed wrong?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer
Dealer just installed my Steeda lowering springs, but the back is lower than the front. I strongly believe they are installed backwards. Lol

What do you guys think?

Attachments

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
at least from the picture, the rears do seem a little lower than typical but the fronts look about right. is it possible they left out the rubber spring perches in back? I dont think its possible to install rears up front and vice versa.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Doesn’t look right. When I did mine I recall it being pretty obvious which were front and rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Take it back, it's def wrong.

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer
Thread Starter #5
Yea when I look at other fresh installs on here you can definitely see a rake. This picture is fresh off the install no settling. I also forgot to mention the rear has a spacer as well.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
take some wheel center-to-fender measurements and compare that to what others have posted here in the forum.

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer
Thread Starter #7
take some wheel center-to-fender measurements and compare that to what others have posted here in the forum.
Yea im going to try that and reach out to steeda tomorrow. I wonder if they are upside down?

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Yea when I look at other fresh installs on here you can definitely see a rake. This picture is fresh off the install no settling. I also forgot to mention the rear has a spacer as well.
I hope they get it fixed for you. Spacer(s) has zero effect on lowering.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yea im going to try that and reach out to Steeda tomorrow. I wonder if they are upside down?
Not saying it is impossible to put the springs in upside-down (they would have to have really tried hard), but that should not affect the height. What I would guess is that Steeda sent you the wrong rear springs. Take a picture of the stamping on them and send that to Steeda.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Dealer just installed my Steeda lowering springs, but the back is lower than the front. I strongly believe they are installed backwards. Lol

What do you guys think?
how much did the dealer charge you?