Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Safety Recall 22S27 Rear Axle Bolt Fractures

dotmaurer

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I had the bolt recall done this week. Immediately after I picked it up I now have a clicking noise when I make a right turn. Is this a coincidence or could this be from the bolt replacement?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have still been putting this recall off. I should probably get it done but you know, when there's no active issues, hard to justify taking it in.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have still been putting this recall off. I should probably get it done but you know, when there's no active issues, hard to justify taking it in.
This thread is proof it pays to wait. Let your dealer get a few under their belt so that there is less chance for mess ups.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
This thread is proof it pays to wait. Let your dealer get a few under their belt so that there is less chance for mess ups.
Yeah very true

Reactions
I had the recalls performed last week. Camera one day, the rear bolt/bushing the next day.
Dealer picked up the ST and delivered it back to me both days (I have blue status with points).
No more camera or sensor errors when backing. Don't hear the click from the rear when shifting between D and R anymore. Dealer charged Ford $680 for the rear warranty fix (I saw that invoice).
I've got 25k left on warranty, so will probably buy a brace for long term durability.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk