Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Pre orders Wide Body and Front Splitter

WaveGt8

Reactions
Has anybody had success in contacting Waido regarding orders that were placed? They aren't responding to emails I've sent.
I got a response today from them. Said my order will be shipping in the next few days. It did take several attempts before I heard back from them.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I shot them an email this afternoon and about an hour later it showed up at my door :D I can say this, the carbon fiber splitter is beautiful!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I shot them an email this afternoon and about an hour later it showed up at my door :D I can say this, the carbon fiber splitter is beautiful!
Please don't take too long to get it installed.. we want pics!

Reactions
ost: 48496, member: 5629"]Please don't take too long to get it installed.. we want pics![/QUOTE]
Funny I just got my splitter as well.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Has anyone with the widebody kit tried fitting wheels flush with it yet? I decided not to pull the trigger as my calculations said I would need to do some serious trimming of fenderliner sheet metal so I'm just curious how far out people were able to push things. I saw one pic of an installed kit with stock wheels and it looked pretty awkward.

Reactions
Having the splitter installed and it looks like it's a lil short on the sides. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I haven't installed mine yet but i didn't see any fitment issues when I placed it there just to see how it looked. Then again I did have it tucked under more than you do.

Reactions
The pictures on their site make it appear to sit more flush than your pics. I agree with @Cruising68 in that maybe you could push yours back some more. Perhaps these pics can help with positioning (especially the last pic).
IMG_3968.png IMG_3969.png IMG_3970.png IMG_3847.jpg

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Man they look good. I can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Man they look good. I can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The original digital renderings looked ok to me, but the more I see them installed on real STs the nicer this subtle add-on looks. Definitely growing on me.

I only see two options online: ABS plastic and Carbon. Is the ABS Plastic option the Gloss Black that many seem to be getting? I would think the ABS plastic is an unpainted look similar to the standard lower trim on our ST. It looks great in Gloss Black!!

Reactions
Looks great! Ordered mine on 7 Apr, but haven't received it. Emailed twice for update, but no answer....

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It will come don't worry. I got no response then it showed up......and the CF is beautiful!

Reactions
Has anyone received any updates on the flare kits?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Did I miss install instructions for the splitter somewhere? Curious if the front end has to come off or not?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I did not receive any instructions with mine. I was hoping I could avoid removing the clip again. Planning on drilling holes and using rivnuts.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I did not receive any instructions with mine. I was hoping I could avoid removing the clip again. Planning on drilling holes and using rivnuts.
At a glance I don’t see rivnuts in plastic lasting at all. I’m thinking 2” fender washers on both sides with stainless hardware at minimum.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
At a glance I don’t see rivnuts in plastic lasting at all. I’m thinking 2” fender washers on both sides with stainless hardware at minimum.
I agree, I'm using large washers on both sides as well. Still hoping I can get under there from the screws holding the bottom of the clip. Haven't looked at it since the WHipple install so not sure.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just threw some ceramic coating before I install. This thing is beautiful!

Splitter.JPG
Splitter1.JPG

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Waiting to hear back from Waido but has anyone gotten them to send a PayPal invoice? I tried to use Google Pay on their site because I can link PayPal but it says they aren’t set up for a Google Pay. The wife doesn’t need to know about this so no credit cards. lol