Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

OK, Went with ZFG Adam Tune…

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I think @Kgamber2 is more concerned about the actual "how" of installing a tune on their vehicle.

To the poster, the tune comes with instructions on how to do it and the HP Tuners software required to load the tune to the vehicle is free. Its a pretty simple process. You just plug a cable into your OBDII port and follow the steps. If you have ever installed a print driver to your laptop, its basically the same process. Just follow the instructions and you will be OK. If you are still uneasy about doing it yourself, I'm sure there are plenty of performance based shops in your area who will happily charge you $150.00 to do it for you. Just make sure the one you select is familiar with HP Tuners and preferably Ford tuning. Let them know you already have a tuner, a tune, and the RTD device and you just need someone to install it for you.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Gotcha, thanks.

Reactions
Maybe I'm missing something in your question here.

Adam (@ZFGracing) can certainly do that for you and is a favorite recommendation for this forum by members who have used him. He'll send you a safe base tune, you run it and log it if you wish, send him the log back and he adjusts accordingly. Other Tuners do this too. It's kind of what is expected in mail/interweb order tuning today.
Oh I see. Perfect. This is what I wanted, I was scared I would get the equipment and have to figure out a tune. A base flash is what I want. In your experience, how much extra is it to send info back for a tweaked tune?

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Oh I see. Perfect. This is what I wanted, I was scared I would get the equipment and have to figure out a tune. A base flash is what I want. In your experience, how much extra is it to send info back for a tweaked tune?
Not extra …. Adam will revise the tune for you on the octane that you chose . I’m on the e50 tune and will be on the full E85 in the new year. His tunes are individually done with his clients. Not all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Not extra …. Adam will revise the tune for you on the octane that you chose . I’m on the e50 tune and will be on the full E85 in the new year. His tunes are individually done with his clients. Not all the same.

exactly this. you log and refine, log and refine, until you are happy. it seems to be the consensus that the base engine tune is pretty dang sorted--its more the transmission tuning that takes a couple tries to get lined up with your preferences.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Adam will walk you through it and several instruction sets out there.

You can actually do most of it using the TDN app on your phone now. A Windows laptop is better though.

Reactions
Not gonna lie, reading all the posts about bad transmissions make it appear they all have serious issues. Can I ask for one more piece of advice, should I wait and run the truck for 5k miles to make sure it’s not a lemon before doing a tune and voiding the warranty someone already said drive it for a few first but I can’t find that comment and don’t remember if it was one of you who know what your talking about.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
No one here can give you a guarantee. There are thousands of explorers running around just fine with the same transmission. If you're so concerned, why even buy an ST?

Reactions
Anyone else having difficulty communicating and getting shipments from Adam?

Reactions
No one here can give you a guarantee. There are thousands of explorers running around just fine with the same transmission. If you're so concerned, why even buy an ST?
Tldr.... Too poor to pay for a new trans? Don't mod it.

Basically? Right?

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Anyone else having difficulty communicating and getting shipments from Adam?
Adam is a one man show and he has a day job on top of tuning. He will eventually get to you and respond. Trust me.

Reactions
Adam is a one man show and he has a day job on top of tuning. He will eventually get to you and respond. Trust me.

All good it's only been 27 days I'll sit tight. Just wanted to ask.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
All good it's only been 27 days I'll sit tight. Just wanted to ask.
If you are being serious that it really has been 27 days, the intercooler is a drop ship item which means the item is shipped directly from the manufacturer to you--any delays would need to be investigated with Whipple.

LokiWolf

Reactions
If you are being serious that it really has been 27 days, the intercooler is a drop ship item which means the item is shipped directly from the manufacturer to you--any delays would need to be investigated with Whipple.
This.

Reactions
This.

Oh, cool. I'll reach out to a company I didn't pay and inquire. Maybe they know. Thanks for letting me know.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Oh, cool. I'll reach out to a company I didn't pay and inquire. Maybe they know. Thanks for letting me know.
How long ago did you message Adam@ZFGRacing?

Dude. We are trying to help, and you didn’t create a new thread, you jumped into an existing thread to ask why you hadn’t gotten your IC.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Dude, why are you being snarky? If you haven't heard from Adam, try sending him another email--you can use the one in his signature for his user profile on this site. But if you want to get down to the bottom of things without waiting around, you need to go to who is responsible for shipping your item. drop shipping is not a new concept. almost nobody actually carries their own inventory anymore--its just what the world has turned into. warehousing and keeping inventory is expensive and risky. we were just trying to help you out.