Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Vossen Hybrid Forged

Reactions
I was planning on Anthracite to begin with but thought it looked really close to the satin black and i wanted to steer away from a darker wheel for a change .

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #69
I was planning on Anthracite to begin with but thought it looked really close to the satin black and i wanted to steer away from a darker wheel for a change .
Satin Bronze would look sick on black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luc719

Reactions
I just wanna reiterate for anyone following the numbers I’m throwing out...it’s gonna be a VERY aggressive fitment. The tire bulge will be a hair past the fender in the front and will be the same in the rear with a 1/4” spacer with a 305/35/22. A 295/40 would be pretty much flush with the tire bulge.
I see your good with sizes and offsets. How do you think these will fit? 22x10 +38. I am trying to be as flush with the wheel well as much as possible.

thanks in advance!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I see your good with sizes and offsets. How do you think these will fit? 22x10 +38. I am trying to be as flush with the wheel well as much as possible.

thanks in advance!
You’d still need something around +30.
+38 will be inset quite a bit. The higher the offset, the more inward the wheel sits.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #72
Not the greatest pix but love them!

Reactions
I like the wheels they look great. Just having the wheels pushed out looks so much better than stock.

What width did you end up with? 9.5 or 10.5?

Last edited:
OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #74
I like the wheels they look great. Just having the wheels pushed out looks so much better than stock.

What width did you end up with? 9.5 or 10.5?
Thanks bro. 10.5

Reactions
Thanks bro. 10.5

How did the fitment turn out at +32? Do you have any tire pop past your fender? I ask because it looks like the MPSS tires are a bit more squared on this application than I expected. I had changed my order from +32 to +30 but am now questioning my decision after seeing your setup. I might still have time to change it back but would need to probably do it in the next few days since I'm sure my wheels are very close to being completed.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #76
How did the fitment turn out at +32? Do you have any tire pop past your fender? I ask because it looks like the MPSS tires are a bit more squared on this application than I expected. I had changed my order from +32 to +30 but am now questioning my decision after seeing your setup. I might still have time to change it back but would need to probably do it in the next few days since I'm sure my wheels are very close to being completed.
They are flush with the fenders.... 2mm will not be noticeable imo. Vossen just chose 32 .... that’s what I like about the MPSS they are beefy! I personally like it to stick out a hair

Reactions
They did come out great !

3 of my wheels came in yesterday :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hoping the 4th comes in today .

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #78
They did come out great !

3 of my wheels came in yesterday :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hoping the 4th comes in today .
The anticipation!! :)

Love the look.

You have a pic?

Reactions
So 3 of my wheels come in and the 4th is out there in the world somewhere ??? 4th wheel comes in 3 days later . Drop the Explorer off on Saturday to get them mounted and i get a call from my buddy saying that the center bore of the wheels is cut too small and they will not sit flush . I contact Vossen a few minutes ago and they said that they handle hundreds of orders and sometime they "key in" the wrong info when building . They basically said "oops" and that they will just recut them and get them shipped back out . These aren't even $10k , 3-piece custom wheels :rolleyes:

I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to wheel manufacturers.....and that goes for all of them . I should have stuck with my original hunch and just bought some cheapy Ebay wheels :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: