Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Sync 3 Version 3.4.22251

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I chose the option to keep my current maps when updating because I was going to update maps from what I downloaded from the Ford website.
Just a word of caution for others. MY2020+ cannot update maps using the Cyanlabs Sync3Updater. It will alert you to this but if you bypass the warning and proceed, you will brick your APIM.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just a word of caution for others. MY2020+ cannot update maps using the Cyanlabs Sync3Updater. It will alert you to this but if you bypass the warning and proceed, you will brick your APIM.
Well, I’m glad I pick the option to keep my current map then.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
This! I’ll use the shitty Nav just so I can see it full screen.
Hey bud, you can use whatever navigation you want your car. I pay for my car and I’ve never had an issue using the in car navigation.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I am, I’m using the shitty Ford Nav. Never did I tell anybody else what to use. Not sure what your bitching about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I am, I’m using the shitty Ford Nav. Never did I tell anybody else what to use. Not sure what your bitching about.
I thought you were being a smart ass trying to say I should be using Google maps or some other navigation. My mistake.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Can I ask the guys on SYNC v23188 ....when you go to back up camera do you have the option to pick:

2" RVC view AND 360 image

OR!

Full screen RVC image?

If not then there is another version coming shortly with that option.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Can I ask the guys on SYNC v23188 ....when you go to back up camera do you have the option to pick:

2" RVC view AND 360 image

OR!

Full screen RVC image?

If not then there is another version coming shortly with that option.
I do not have that option and I do use went to 23188 yesterday.
I can’t say I had owned my car for over a year with no blue back up camera and as soon as the dealership updated my APIM I started getting the blue screen intermittently. This still happens even on 23188. I have noticed it has never happened the first time I’ve put it in reverse after a restart it’s always the second or third or subsequent times after that so it seems like restarting the APIM clears whatever is happening for me.

hbalek

Reactions
My blue screen went away after camera replacement. Resets and updates didn't help.

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
So I had intermittently experienced the blue screen on the backup camera over the last 6 months until like a month ago it was happening almost every day. I got the recall in the mail but hadn't taken it in after reading on here that it wasn't fixing the issue for a lot of people. 3 days ago for the first time the screen didn't go right to night mode and that's been happening every time I get in and start the car. I am on build 21194. I talked to the service manager of a dealer right down the street from work, he came in here to buy parts for his SXS, he said they could do the recall and diag the problem same day. I didn't read completely through this thread but should I wait until the newest SYNC build is released before letting them update it? What can I push for them to replace so this doesn't happen again?

hbalek

Reactions
So I had intermittently experienced the blue screen on the backup camera over the last 6 months until like a month ago it was happening almost every day. I got the recall in the mail but hadn't taken it in after reading on here that it wasn't fixing the issue for a lot of people. 3 days ago for the first time the screen didn't go right to night mode and that's been happening every time I get in and start the car. I am on build 21194. I talked to the service manager of a dealer right down the street from work, he came in here to buy parts for his SXS, he said they could do the recall and diag the problem same day. I didn't read completely through this thread but should I wait until the newest SYNC build is released before letting them update it? What can I push for them to replace so this doesn't happen again?
Don't let them update to 22251. That's the one that screwed a lot of people on here up. Someone should do a poll to see how many people with this version are experiencing problems. I think there are more people with problems than without. It only gets worse over time but then today all of a sudden I'm seeing some things like map size, closing animation and starting up on Sirius come back but not consistently. I hadn't seen that in months.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I think I’m now starting to have issues. 911 assist keeps turning off and I get the diagnostics acknowledgment pop up just about every time I start my car. Along with the touch beep turning itself on. Not sure if this has been reported before.

hbalek

Reactions
I think I’m now starting to have issues. 911 assist keeps turning off and I get the diagnostics acknowledgment pop up just about every time I start my car. Along with the touch beep turning itself on. Not sure if this has been reported before.
Yes had those a few times and there are countless other symptoms. Wifi getting turned off was one of the first things for me along with Sirius preset pages and channel. There were so many different ones I lost count. Background colors changing after restart. FordPass stopped connecting.

Draco-REX

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Has 23188 been verified to fix the problems that 22251 had, or are we still waiting on a good update?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Has 23188 been verified to fix the problems that 22251 had, or are we still waiting on a good update?
I installed 23188 two weeks ago. No problem with the radio. No black screen or other problems.

SnoopST

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Have all the same problems as above in addition to ambient lighting not working unless I do it manually as well as after shutting my 2020 ST off I come back to get in it and my screen says system shut off to save battery turn vehicular off or start engine, anyone else have that screen?

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Have all the same problems as above in addition to ambient lighting not working unless I do it manually as well as after shutting my 2020 ST off I come back to get in it and my screen says system shut off to save battery turn vehicular off or start engine, anyone else have that screen?
How old is your battery?

How many mile do you commute each day?