Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Sync 3 Version 3.4.22251

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just downloaded and updated using USB to to version 3.4.22251 . Went well and Ford shows it right away. Easiest update I've done so far.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Noticed any changes yet?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Whenever I go the Ford account on a laptop, it shows one sync update available. It even shows a map update pending. But when ever I try to update it by connecting the vehicle directly over wi-fi, it says , the software is up to date.

USB way is better?

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Whenever I go the Ford account on a laptop, it shows one sync update available. It even shows a map update pending. But when ever I try to update it by connecting the vehicle directly over wi-fi, it says , the software is up to date.

USB way is better?
USB works better for me. I've never been able to update OTA.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
I’ve always used a USB option works the best for me and the quickest. After installing the latest yesterday I realized that my ambient blue colored lights in the interior were turned off. Needed to turn them back on. Haven’t seen anything else yet.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Is this different than the one i updated to like a month ago? I want to say my version is 3.4 22200

KegsBdry

Reactions
My last update via wifi from Ford killed my battery. Luckily, I carry a Noco Battery Pack in my trunk for just such an occation. I’ve had to use it twice now. USB may be better.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Is this different than the one i updated to like a month ago? I want to say my version is 3.4 22200
yes it is. The latest one is listed in the title of this thread.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
What I’d love to know is how long does it take for the my Ford account to update my sync version after I’ve updated my file. Two days later and it still tells me I have an update which I know. In fact I don’t.

EDITED: I just chated with Ford on this question, and the response I was give is as follows which almost knocked me off my chair.

This feature is currently unavailable on the Ford Owner website. There is no ETA for when this will be available. The update will be reported Over-The-Air (OTA) through Wi-Fi. It may take up to a month fo the update to be confirmed due to internet conditions, connectivity, etc

Last edited:

KegsBdry

Reactions
What I’d love to know is how long does it take for the my Ford account to update my sync version after I’ve updated my file. Two days later and it still tells me I have an update which I know. In fact I don’t.

EDITED: I just chated with Ford on this question, and the response I was give is as follows which almost knocked me off my chair.

This feature is currently unavailable on the Ford Owner website. There is no ETA for when this will be available. The update will be reported Over-The-Air (OTA) through Wi-Fi. It may take up to a month fo the update to be confirmed due to internet conditions, connectivity, etc
“We have top people on it. Top people!”

Reactions

I updated on my lunch break today and uploaded my file to the ford owners website and it is already showing. Just checked for an update on the website and it shows 3.4.22251 updated on 1/17/23. I dont know if your file didn't take on their end or what but mine was within minutes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
In my case, update confirmation from wifi will not work either. More than two months after doing the update (and uploading confirmation through the website) the confirmation has never shown. Also, before I did the update via USB the car always said it was up to date, so updating by wifi was not possible. So in summary the website will always show it is not up to date and the car will always show it is up to date. BTW, checked again today and the car says up to date and it still has 22200.

Last edited:

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

They told me that when I did the last update and it never updated. I guess I need to do the update again because on the Ford Owner website it just says my Sync needs an Update but does not say what software version the download is. I guess I will download the update again and just do it to see if my version/build changes.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I updated on my lunch break today and uploaded my file to the ford owners website and it is already showing. Just checked for an update on the website and it shows 3.4.22251 updated on 1/17/23. I dont know if your file didn't take on their end or what but mine was within minutes.
I actually perform my update again a week after the first time a month ago, and it still never updated on the Ford Owner site. So to clarify.. I installed the update and sent the file they ask for on the Ford Owner site. It never updated on the site, still said I needed the update. Then a few weeks later I downloaded the update and again and installed it again and sent the file and it never updated. Now a few weeks later it looks like there is a newer update than the one I have installed twice already.
Seems like the Ford site is broken like Ford says.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
I actually perform my update again a week after the first time a month ago, and it still never updated on the Ford Owner site. So to clarify.. I installed the update and sent the file they ask for on the Ford Owner site. It never updated on the site, still said I needed the update. Then a few weeks later I downloaded the update and again and installed it again and sent the file and it never updated. Now a few weeks later it looks like there is a newer update than the one I have installed twice already.
Seems like the Ford site is broken like Ford says.
I don't know whats happening. The Ford website worked fine for me. It showed that I have 22251 right after I uploaded the file to Ford.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I don't know whats happening. The Ford website worked fine for me. It showed that I have 22251 right after I uploaded the file to Ford.
I wasn’t saying you were lying or anything. Just saying the website is broken.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
I wasn’t saying you were lying or anything. Just saying the website is broken.
I didn't take it that way all. Sorry if I sounded like I did. My comment was more that Ford sounds confused as they should be able to figure out what the issue is. Have you tried calling Ford Customer service at 800-392-3673 Maybe they can help. At least I would hope they can. Good luck.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
I updated the file multiple times. It’s an XML file and it sees it and it uploads it so I’m not sure what else I can possibly be doing. As a professional DBA there that I can think of is the stupidity of the Ford servers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
I didn't take it that way all. Sorry if I sounded like I did. My comment was more that Ford sounds confused as they should be able to figure out what the issue is. Have you tried calling Ford Customer service at 800-392-3673 Maybe they can help. At least I would hope they can. Good luck.
Actually, in a way I did. I use the chat service on the Ford site. Let’s face it they’re all reading from a script whether you emailed them chat with them or phone call them.