Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Name ONE ST Feature others might not know.....

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #141
I have noticed that if I search for something on FordPass (much easier than the in-car screen), then select "send to vehicle", there's a notification that I must have CarPlay turned off (which I do) and the phone has to be connected via USB to transfer the data. However, for me it's been transferring without the USB connection ... which makes it really convenient!! I suspect it's running through the FordPass app somehow ... not sure how it's working but it is and I like it!!

Ken
I've noticed this has stopped working for me. It worked a couple times at first time I tried it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

The only difference between now and then is I have an updated version on my Infotainment system (NOW @ Ver 3.4 Build 20136, WAS @ Ver 3.4 Build 19101).

-Not using USB
-Not using CarPlay
-FordPass is up-to-date on my Android

I'll keep trying.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #142
The temperature at the top corners of the display are gone too since the update!
THAT'S what's different on the display. I was going nuts trying to figure that out.

hbalek

Reactions
THAT'S what's different on the display. I was going nuts trying to figure that out.
I noticed a few font changes too especially on the calm screen which I never use. Everything is now on the same font it seems.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #144
I noticed a few font changes too especially on the calm screen which I never use. Everything is now on the same font it seems.
Faster loading screens too. Must be all those fonts it's no longer loading. :ROFLMAO:

hbalek

Reactions
Faster loading screens too. Must be all those fonts it's no longer loading. :ROFLMAO:
Most noticeable are the nav maps load much faster. I still have problems with the Sirius XM logos not loading or loading slowly and/or disappearing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The fuel filler door does not lock (per the Caplees Fuel Lock thread). Boo!!! (n)(n)(n) :poop:

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #147
The fuel filler door does not lock (per the Caplees Fuel Lock thread). Boo!!! (n)(n)(n) :poop:
Are you parking your ~$60K SUV in bad neighborhoods? :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I guess one good point is i paid 'only' 50k haha. Yeah, I got massaging seats, but my neighbor's 19k corolla's fuel filler door locks so my gas would be gone haha...

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #150
I guess one good point is i paid 'only' 50k haha. Yeah, I got massaging seats, but my neighbor's 19k corolla's fuel filler door locks so my gas would be gone haha...
Can always get an aftermarket one.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #151
I've noticed this has stopped working for me. It worked a couple times at first time I tried it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

The only difference between now and then is I have an updated version on my Infotainment system (NOW @ Ver 3.4 Build 20136, WAS @ Ver 3.4 Build 19101).

-Not using USB
-Not using CarPlay
-FordPass is up-to-date on my Android

I'll keep trying.

Didn't need to do this before the update, but will try DISABLING ANDROID AUTO app to get it to work again.

Fingers crossed.

Screenshot_20200926-215726.jpg

Reactions
Didn't need to do this before the update, but will try DISABLING ANDROID AUTO app to get it to work again.

Fingers crossed.

View attachment 2071
Do you still have an active LTE subscription or connected to your phone plan ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAAAAAA

Reactions
Didn't know the letters ST were projected from the side mirrors on the ground outside when it's dark and unlocking or opening doors.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #154
Do you still have an active LTE subscription or connected to your phone plan ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I'm on LTE but I do not have a SiriusXM subscription for traffic updates.

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I live in Western PA and it's just starting to get cool outside. I've been using the Autostart feature from the fob and when I get into the car, the seat heater and steering wheel heater are both on and the temperature is set to 71 degs. That's not how I left the car the night before, so this is a nice warm-up feature when I hope in. Curious if it will it put AC and seat coolers on in the warmer months?

hbalek

Reactions
I live in Western PA and it's just starting to get cool outside. I've been using the Autostart feature from the fob and when I get into the car, the seat heater and steering wheel heater are both on and the temperature is set to 71 degs. That's not how I left the car the night before, so this is a nice warm-up feature when I hope in. Curious if it will it put AC and seat coolers on in the warmer months?
This is a function of menu settings where you can select whether on auto start you have the last settings saved or automatic temperature adjustment. My 2013 MKZ with auto start had the same functionality so it is not an all new thing. The settings are on the center display menu.

Inkus

Reactions
after 6 months of ownership, today i noticed that the HVAC fan speed slows down when you start a phone conversation! The speed kicks right back up once you finish the call. Nice way to reduce background noise during calls.
My previous 2017 Explorer Sport did it too.

Reactions
When you use your Cruise control to slow your vehicle down, (ie. From 55mph to 40mph) your brake lights come on to aleart the driver behind you that you are slowing down quickly. (This might already be posted in this thread, but I just noticed it tonight). Pretty cool , I think.

hbalek

Reactions
All adaptive or intelligent cruise control applies brakes automatically therefore lights have to come on even if your foot isn't on the brake. Also, this vehicle has auto-hold which also does the same thing. Brake lights on when auto-hold is engaged. Similarly stop-and-go with intelligent cruise. If your vehicle stops or slows down autonomously brake lights come on.

Reactions
When you use your Cruise control to slow your vehicle down, (ie. From 55mph to 40mph) your brake lights come on to aleart the driver behind you that you are slowing down quickly. (This might already be posted in this thread, but I just noticed it tonight). Pretty cool , I think.
The brakes activate too; not just the brake lights. That’s the one and only thing I don’t like about the active cruise control.