Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Name ONE ST Feature others might not know.....

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #101
Is it me or the rear windows not one touch up/down like the fronts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. They are not one touch, like the front windows.

SpeedOften

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
If you use cruise control in sport mode it will engine brake including downshift multiple times instead of only using the brakes when in Normal or Eco.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #103
If you use cruise control in sport mode it will engine brake including downshift multiple times instead of only using the brakes when in Normal or Eco.
it does sound a helluva lot better too!

Reactions
Not sure if it has been mentioned...

The interior lighting for that corresponding door turns red when door is opened. Then returns to set colour when closed.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #105

The interior lighting for that corresponding door turns red when door is opened. Then returns to set colour when closed.

I guess I never noticed since I've always had it on red.

Reactions
I guess I never noticed since I've always had it on red.
I have mine set to red as well and when you open the door it turns to the infamous Ford light blue they use in most interiors instead of red so you know the door is open

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions

This has been a feature on all Fords with the ambient lighting for a couple of years now. Just a visual indicator for "door ajar", pretty neat though

Reactions
This has been a feature on all Fords with the ambient lighting for a couple of years now. Just a visual indicator for "door ajar", pretty neat though
I’ve never noticed it in my previous ford 17 Fusion Sport

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I’ve never noticed it in my previous ford 17 Fusion Sport

Ugh, I might have misspoken, I do know it is on some models, and that the Explorer isn't the first. To say it is on ALL Fords may not be accurate.

Reactions
Coming from a 17 fusion. XM actually sounds really good.... previously I always felt like I was listening under water.

hbalek

Reactions
In my 2013 MKZ the ambient lighting in door turned red when opening door while engine running. When engine off all lighting turned white when door opened. 2012 Focus also turned red. 2010 MKZ did not change to red but did change to white.

STarwhite

Reactions
one thing i finally found. there is a button on the dash near the emergency lights that activates the front camera so you can pull the nose up to something and not hit it.
Holy cow I never noticed that before this post I've been pulling in and putting it in reverse to check the screen and then pull up more or back up if necessary ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️

Gator

Reactions
Not sure if anyone mentioned this. When you turn on Intelligent Cruise Control, if you press Resume rather than set, the speed is automatically set to maintain the actual speed limit +/- your preferred tolerance. Love this!
Our interstates have two speed limits - one for cars and 55mph for multiaxle trailers (which no trucker ever follows). The second sign makes my car stall down to 55 from 74mph... not a good thing. Any way to turn off the speed sign recognition in intelligent cruise?

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #114
Our interstates have two speed limits - one for cars and 55mph for multiaxle trailers (which no trucker ever follows). The second sign makes my car stall down to 55 from 74mph... not a good thing. Any way to turn off the speed sign recognition in intelligent cruise?
Change it out of intelligent cruise control to one of the other two options. It's on the center console or touch screen under settings.

Gator

Reactions
Change it out of intelligent cruise control to one of the other two options. It's on the center console or touch screen under settings.
Thanks for your response! That’s what I had to do. I was wondering if the street sign recognition could be be turned off. If I’m not mistaken, the intelligent cruise steers and keeps up with the car in front as well. Just had the car two weeks, and still figuring out the buttons...

Now, just need to get the car back from the dealer tomorrow (it spent Labor Day weekend there) - second time to the dealer for dead battery after it sits two days. First things first.

F=MA

Reactions
The lane keeping option graphics on the dash display showed a white line for the outline of the road on my previous Aug 2019 built ST. My new 2020 ST (built June 2020) has either a red, orange (with arrows) or green lines (instead of white) depending on how bad you are driving off the road. There is also a new green steering wheel icon that comes on in this same lane keeping display area when the cruise control is engaged. The Sync has also been updated over the past year so there now is a Cancel Route button on the main navigation screen.

skindog

Reactions
Learning curve less steep.... thanks to those who posted!!! My faves are the seat massage button, camera squirters, and the front camera for parking purposes.

kartman

Reactions
I was wondering if the street sign recognition could be be turned off..
Normal cruise ignores them and leaves your speed at what you set, which is how it should be.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #119
Normal cruise ignores them and leaves your speed at what you set, which is how it should be.
I'll be honest, it has saved me a number of times from speeding tickets. But so much work keeping it in check.

Reactions
I'll be honest, it has saved me a number of times from speeding tickets. But so much work keeping it in check.
This feature is definitely keeping me within the speed limit. Helps a lot.