Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Name ONE ST Feature others might not know.....

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
This is a function of menu settings where you can select whether on auto start you have the last settings saved or automatic temperature adjustment. My 2013 MKZ with auto start had the same functionality so it is not an all new thing. The settings are on the center display menu.
thanks. I figured it was configurable, but good to know where to look. this is my first car with Autostart, makes total sense climate adjustments should be automatic too.

hbalek

Reactions
thanks. I figured it was configurable, but good to know where to look. this is my first car with Autostart, makes total sense climate adjustments should be automatic too.
My 2010 MKZ was my first vehicle with auto start but it was not factory installed so it had a separate ugly antenna under the windshield and a weird separate small remote fob too.

Reactions
The brakes activate too; not just the brake lights. That’s the one and only thing I don’t like about the active cruise control.
So to make sure you know, when you slow down by taking your foot off the gas and not using the brake, the brake lights will not come on. LOL!

hbalek

Reactions
So to make sure you know, when you slow down by taking your foot off the gas and not using the brake, the brake lights will not come on. LOL!
I know unless you're like those people back in the 70s when I was a kid I remember my parents friends would drive with left foot on brake and right on gas pedal. They would drive an automatic with both feet! So if you see them drive off from a stop sign, the brake lights would stay on as the car accelerated. I never understood that weird approach! And no they weren't trying to do burnouts!

Reactions
I may be asking too much, but it would be nice to put the SPEED TOLERANCE setting at different #s when in neighborhoods and when on the highway.

Neighborhoods, 5 mph over speed limit
Highway, 13 mph over speed limit

And what is with the blinking speed limit sign on the dash (so annoying). But I'm quite certain, that was the point of it!
You can disable the blinking part

Reactions
I recently discovered this gem too. It makes pulling into the garage a lot easier.
My dealer showed it to me, then I went thru about a week’s frustration because I couldn’t remember how he did it, plus the owners manual sucks.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #169
I got some homework to do. Thanks
I could not find the setting to disable the blinking speed limit sign on my dash when I go over my tolerance limit. The only speed limit warning option I see in the driver assistance is already disabled. :(

LokiWolf

Reactions
I could not find the setting to disable the blinking speed limit sign on my dash when I go over my tolerance limit. The only speed limit warning option I see in the driver assistance is already disabled. :(
The blinking cannot be turned off unless you turn off intelligent cruise. If intelligent cruise is on, blinking happens when any cruise is set above the tolerance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Driving in "Sport Mode" rearranges the dash configuration to a much more user friendly view and disables the auto/stop It also makes everything about the vehicle very sporty Try it, you'll like it!

Reactions
I didn't see this feature mentioned in this thread. When you engage "Park" and within 5 seconds press the "M" (Manual) mode while in Park, it engages the Stay In Neutral mode. The manual recommends this be used while using the automatic car wash.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #173
I didn't see this feature mentioned in this thread. When you engage "Park" and within 5 seconds press the "M" (Manual) mode while in Park, it engages the Stay In Neutral mode. The manual recommends this be used while using the automatic car wash.
I haven't tried that yet. I wonder how it's different from just being in neutral (dial to N)? Does it not force the vehicle into park when exiting the vehicle but stay in neutral? Lots to try today.

Thanks for the find!

hbalek

Reactions
I haven't tried that yet. I wonder how it's different from just being in neutral (dial to N)? Does it not force the vehicle into park when exiting the vehicle but stay in neutral? Lots to try today.

Thanks for the find!
When you put it in neutral, like in the carwash, a message pops up saying to press the Manual button to keep it in neutral.

Reactions

Thanks for the find!
It does work like Neutral but in case for some reason the vehicle shuts off, it will throw it in park right when you are in the middle of the wash so to prevent that, you can enable this stay in neutral mode and it will stay there. And also at times if you are pulling your vehicle behind an RV or something.

hbalek

Reactions
When HVAC is in DUAL temperature mode both front seats' heat/cool function turn on automatically when you remote start the vehicle. I discovered this today!

LokiWolf

Reactions
When HVAC is in DUAL temperature mode both front seats' heat/cool function turn on automatically when you remote start the vehicle. I discovered this today!
They do that regardless while remote start is engaged if seats are set in remote start settings. If it senses pressure in passenger seat when you actually press the start button it will keep that on, if not, it will turn off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hbalek

Reactions
They do that regardless while remote start is engaged if seats are set in remote start settings. If it senses pressure in passenger seat when you actually press the start button it will keep that on, if not, it will turn off.

No one was in the passenger seat at the time. But HVAC was in dual mode. My remote start settings are in auto mode not last setting. You are correct about the seat sensor which not only turns airbag off when seat is empty but also doesn't allow you to turn on the massage when no one is sitting there, but you can turn heat/cool on when the seat is empty.

LokiWolf

Reactions
No one was in the passenger seat at the time. But HVAC was in dual mode.
That must force it to stay on, because of the fact you set it to dual. Good catch. Either way they heat/cool regardless during remote start. Will also stay on if a person is sensed in the seat.

I regularly turn the cooled seat on to cool my laptop when logging! Love the cooled seats!

hbalek

Reactions
That must force it to stay on, because of the fact you set it to dual. Good catch. Either way they heat/cool regardless during remote start. Will also stay on if a person is sensed in the seat.

I regularly turn the cooled seat on to cool my laptop when logging! Love the cooled seats!

I've been known to put take out food in the passenger seat and turn the heater on to keep it warmer?! LOL I do love the fact that I don't have to turn the heater/cooler on every time I start. My last 2 Lincolns, 2010 MKZ and 2013 MKZ were so annoying when they turned them off every time you stopped the engine. Most annoying on the 2013 was that it would automatically turn on the heated/cooled seat when you remote start then as soon as you would hit the start button on the dashboard the seat would go back off and would have to be turned back on. Glad they worked some bugs out on the 2020 Fords.

Explorer ST Posts