Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How-to: Front climate control swap(add 20-21 temp display to 22+)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just purchased one and now I need to buy a forescan license to write the as built onto it. 105 bucks from livittown ford not too shabby at all…
Damnit Randy!! I might just have to purchase one. I already messed around with forscan to get rid of FENG and double honk so I'm just educated enough to be extremely dangerous

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Damnit Randy!! I might just have to purchase one. I already messed around with forscan to get rid of FENG and double honk so I'm just educated enough to be extremely dangerous
I’m the same. I got rid of the fake engine noise, disable the turn signal bulb out for the LED turn signals for the rear so they don’t rapid flash, disable the double honk, and set it to keep my fog lights on even when the highbeams are on. I also adjusted the heated seats up a few degrees in each setting to get them a little warmer. Working great.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I like seeing the temp on the control panel but I have to admit, I almost always look at the screen before I remember to look down.

OP
locoliberty

locoliberty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #44
Just purchased one and now I need to buy a forescan license to write the as built onto it. 105 bucks from livittown ford not too shabby at all…
You can get a 90 day forscan license for free FYI

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I also adjusted the heated seats up a few degrees in each setting to get them a little warmer.
Where did you find the setting for that? I would like to bump mine a few degrees on the low and medium setting. High is warm enough, almost too warm.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I was going to say the same thing, but it is a 60 day license. It is still free though and you can get unlimited free licenses to the best of my knowledge

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Where did you find the setting for that? I would like to bump mine a few degrees on the low and medium setting. High is warm enough, almost too warm.
I think it was in the Climate section. seat heat high low and med. its in Celsius.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I was going to say the same thing, but it is a 60 day license. It is still free though and you can get unlimited free licenses to the best of my knowledge
I have already done that to make all my changes I stated above in another comment. So I need to just buy the extended. No harm in giving them some green backs for a great product.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Bought this off Ebay for $100 shipped. I took it apart last night. Just to look inside it.

Going to install it today.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
She working.

Back up the old HVAC As-Built and reflash to the new unit.

Attachments

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
She working.

Back up the old HVAC As-Built and reflash to the new unit.
Nice. Mine is supposed to arrive today. I hope I ordered the correct one because I have heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel. I ordered one that was posted above that supposed to have everything.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Nice. Mine is supposed to arrive today. I hope I ordered the correct one because I have heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel. I ordered one that was posted above that supposed to have everything.
You should be golden.

You will need a Torx to remove the A/C Unit from the bezel. I used a T-20 its alittle loose but it worked.

OP
locoliberty

locoliberty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #53
You should be golden.

You will need a Torx to remove the A/C Unit from the bezel. I used a T-20 its alittle loose but it worked.
Whats your PN for no heated seats? Im going to update the OP as a short guide

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Decided to make a video in the install.

HVAC control upgrade on 2020 - 2023 Ford Explorer. #explorerst

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thank you sir, this one was more difficult to film and get the detail i want in my videos because it was just me and my phone, but I think it turned out good all but the mistake on the intro I saw this morning,. lol

OP
locoliberty

locoliberty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #58
Adding video to first post

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Decided to make a video in the install.

HVAC control upgrade on 2020 - 2023 Ford Explorer. #explorerst
so i guess i didnt follow when you were in forscan. you saved the stock config, installed the part then reloaded the stock config again? what did you change in Forscan?

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
so i guess i didnt follow when you were in forscan. you saved the stock config, installed the part then reloaded the stock config again? what did you change in Forscan?
Don't have to make any changes. just load your as built onto the new unit is all I did.
as I said in the video i do not knw if this is absolutely necessary, but a previous post in this thread said it was so I did it.