Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Tune

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just chatted with Ford Performance tech team, see below.

Anthony
at 14:04, Jun 6:
Last ETA we have seen on availability puts the kit launching around mid-summer. I do not have specifics available to share at this time. I would anticipate it being a tune specifically. Specific performance numbers have not been released as of yet.
I could see it bringing it up to the bronco raptor. Same engine, putting out more power than the ST.

Dad_Mobile

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
I bet they won’t release a FP tune until they fix the rear end problem. If they don’t it will be great when people start snapping those diff bolts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I bet they won’t release a FP tune until they fix the rear end problem. If they don’t it will be great when people start snapping those diff bolts!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Which bolts? Mounting bolts?

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My speculation is ...

4 Bolt Tune = 50+ hp / 80+ torque / 3 Year Ford Warranty
3 Bolt Tune = 20+ hp / -50 torque / You Want What?

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Still no ETA on the tune per the chat I just had with the Ford Performance team.

Ryan613

Reactions
Response I got July 19th regarding a tune:

The Explorer ST tune is going through testing/certification right now. I am thinking possible late August at this time for an ETA.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Response I got July 19th regarding a tune:

The Explorer ST tune is going through testing/certification right now. I am thinking possible late August at this time for an ETA.
How much do you want to bet? :cool:

Reactions
This horse has been beaten way past death already. The Explorer ST will NOT get a Ford Performance tune, especially after the rear subframe fiasco. The ST IS the Ford Performance tune. Don't bring the "yeah, but now the Limited and KR have 400hp"....so what, nothing to do with the ST.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yep and I find it hilarious. People waited 3 years for 30hp…for 700 bucks. lol
F7F269CD-6334-4BB7-B343-39BCB3235B44.jpeg

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yep and I find it hilarious. People waited 3 years for 30hp…for 700 bucks. lol
View attachment 14503
While it’s not much, we also never expected it to be much, but it offers a little extra power without affecting any reliability. Ideally. The biggest thing is the warranty and it won’t affect anything with the car. Honestly I’m happy as is with the ST. I’m torn on tuning. But I may bite on this. I know you’ll get way more power with Zfg but there’s a certain comfort that comes with a tune that maintains warranty. I don’t race or drag my ST lol I don’t need to beat everyone I pass. I just want to have fun driving.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
While it’s not much, we also never expected it tobbe much, but it offers a little extra power without affecting any reliability. Ideally. The biggest thing is the warranty and it won’t affect anything with the car. Honestly I’m happy as is with the ST. I’m torn on tuning. But I may bite on this. I know you’ll get way more power with Zfg but there’s a certain comfort that comes with a tune that maintains warranty. I don’t race or drag my ST lol I don’t need to beat everyone I pass. I just want to have fun driving.
Oh for sure, this is perfect for those who want a bit more but want to make sure they keep their warranty. I just thought it would be a bit more than 30hp + 35tq, more like 50/50.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer Platinum
Would this be a way to get my 2021 Platinum a bit more power? It's equipped with the 365hp version of the V6.

Reactions
Oh for sure, this is perfect for those who want a bit more but want to make sure they keep their warranty. I just thought it would be a bit more than 30hp + 35tq, more like 50/50.
I figured it would be roughly 50/50 too. I was way wrong. lol

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Would this be a way to get my 2021 Platinum a bit more power? It's equipped with the 365hp version of the V6.
Since the 365 hp engine is exactly the same except for tuning, I would expect you'd see the exact same results as an ST with that tune. So it's probably a better bang for the buck for your vehicle.

Reactions
It will sell as it fits the needs of a certain segment. If they did dyno pulls with the stock CAC, which I don't see why they wouldn't, you should see timing hold better and make more power at higher RPM's with a aftermarket CAC. The stock CAC is absolutely terrible. IMO, it would be a way better value prop around the $500 mark, but the intact warranty has pull.

Also, comes with a E.O. which means Cali Folks can get it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
While it’s not much, we also never expected it tobbe much, but it offers a little extra power without affecting any reliability. Ideally. The biggest thing is the warranty and it won’t affect anything with the car. Honestly I’m happy as is with the ST. I’m torn on tuning. But I may bite on this. I know you’ll get way more power with Zfg but there’s a certain comfort that comes with a tune that maintains warranty. I don’t race or drag my ST lol I don’t need to beat everyone I pass. I just want to have fun driving.
what octane do you use now? I see lots of people not using 91 or 93 octane. Is why I ask, if you dont use 93 you wont get 30hp. Im not smart enough to know HP and octane differences but they always advertise highest numbers with highest octane.