Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Tune

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
You can learn a LOT watching Tommy Boy!
That would be Mr Shelby, right? Can’t hurt him because he’s already dead!

Kpler

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST - Blue
My dealer quoted $400 to install.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Geez, what is their hourly rate? Even at $200/hr they're still overcharging you... Or they're getting their dumbest tech to install it

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Wow, that’s absolute nonsense. I’d call them out and make them give you a breakdown of the time they expect to spend on it. They probably don’t want to do it and are giving you a price they are happy to do it for. Purely speculation but that is nuts.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What dealer in Houston TX?

I talked with AutoNation Katy. Talk with the accessories department. $180 to install.

Kpler

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST - Blue
What dealer in Houston TX?

I talked with AutoNation Katy. Talk with the accessories department. $180 to install.
Mac Haik Ford on I-10 and beltway 8

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Well my local dealer: “you need to go to a ford Motorsport dealer. We don’t do that”. Fair enough, I trust you guys the least lol

another dealer: it’s back ordered for a month or two and you HAVE to buy it from us. You cant buy the exact same part from a website. Still no number for what it will be. I will hear Monday supposedly.

last dealer: still waiting to hear but they asked me if I needed them to get the part or if I could get it. This is actually the dealer a buddy of mine recommended due to their service. So this seems like the most likely dealer to help me.

if this all fails or pricing is absurd, I’ll just go Zfg. We shall see. But I foresee this being a common issue among dealers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
I installed the FP tune today, and I'm a fan. The shifts are smoother, and the car feels quicker, increasing the fun factor of driving the ST. You can definitely feel the power at higher RPMs, as described. This is my first tune ever on any vehicle, and I'm a believer. Recommend it to anyone leery of other tunes. Although, I'm looking forward to a ZFG tune down the road. For now, the FP tune will more than suffice.

Reactions
Well my local dealer: “you need to go to a ford Motorsport dealer. We don’t do that”. Fair enough, I trust you guys the least lol

another dealer: it’s back ordered for a month or two and you HAVE to buy it from us. You cant buy the exact same part from a website. Still no number for what it will be. I will hear Monday supposedly.

last dealer: still waiting to hear but they asked me if I needed them to get the part or if I could get it. This is actually the dealer a buddy of mine recommended due to their service. So this seems like the most likely dealer to help me.

if this all fails or pricing is absurd, I’ll just go Zfg. We shall see. But I foresee this being a common issue among dealers.
Just order it from Lethal Performance and find a local red seal tech to install. All you need is the invoice that they did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just order it from Lethal Performance and find a local red seal tech to install. All you need is the invoice that they did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay that’s what it’s called! I was talking to my friend about it that it says a ford dealer or a special tech. I am not familiar at all with a red seal tech. So I see that is an option or someone certified by the ASE. Do I just have to call local shops to find someone that meets that criteria? Like I’m guessing if I call a local tuning auto focused shop they may have an idea.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Red Seal is the Canadian version of ASE. So you need to find a certified ASE mechanic here in the states.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Okay that’s what it’s called! I was talking to my friend about it that it says a ford dealer or a special tech. I am not familiar at all with a red seal tech. So I see that is an option or someone certified by the ASE. Do I just have to call local shops to find someone that meets that criteria? Like I’m guessing if I call a local tuning auto focused shop they may have an idea.
Just Google ASE service near you.

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So enough of all this is this damn tune worth it??!!!! Lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I installed the FP tune today, and I'm a fan. The shifts are smoother, and the car feels quicker, increasing the fun factor of driving the ST. You can definitely feel the power at higher RPMs, as described. This is my first tune ever on any vehicle, and I'm a believer. Recommend it to anyone leery of other tunes. Although, I'm looking forward to a ZFG tune down the road. For now, the FP tune will more than suffice.
The Stock ST is still a blast. My Tune will be here Monday. Waiting On FedEx.

Does the FP Tune increases the Boost? Stock Boost is about 14 PSI (16 PSI in Colder weather)

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Not sure if it increases Boost.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If it doesn't increase boost, it won't increase HP.