Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
Confirmed order on 6/23/21 picked up the ST from the Dealer on 9/21/21. Got two key fobs. I was told other company's and maybe even Ford are only supplying one key fob because of the chip shortage and if you lose the fob could take up to a year to replace.
What trim level if you don’t mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Anyone get an error from the Ford tracking site "This vehicle is not available in this system "?

I dont know if Im just expecting to much of ford, having the vehicle in the system the day after they sent the VIN or what?

Reactions
Anyone get an error from the Ford tracking site "This vehicle is not available in this system "?

I dont know if Im just expecting to much of ford, having the vehicle in the system the day after they sent the VIN or what?
Yeap, I have the same issue. I called the dealer for my order number thinking I didn't have it and he informed me it is the "Order Code" listed in the top right of the order summary. Ford site asks for the order Number so, a bit of confusion on my end. Either way, I get the same response.

Reactions
Yeap, I have the same issue. I called the dealer for my order number thinking I didn't have it and he informed me it is the "Order Code" listed in the top right of the order summary. Ford site asks for the order Number so, a bit of confusion on my end. Either way, I get the same response.
Ok maybe we are both expecting too much of Ford since we both ordered the same day and got our Vin the same day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Confirmed order on 6/23/21 picked up the ST from the Dealer on 9/21/21. Got two key fobs. I was told other company's and maybe even Ford are only supplying one key fob because of the chip shortage and if you lose the fob could take up to a year to replace.
that’s absolute bs. Keys are fundamental needs for the car. Unless they’re going utilize phone key pass like I think the aviator does, this would be unacceptable if true.

Reactions
Just for the heck of it, I emailed my dealer to confirm I had the right order number. I did, but she took a screenshot of what they see in the order system, and their system is showing a build week of 11/15, not 12/6, and somehow its now tagged with Priority 01. Not sure how that happened, but since i never have luck, ill take it. Maybe thats why I cant track in the normal system? Call your dealer and see if they see a different build date than you got in the email.

Reactions
I wonder if it’s the moonroof that’s causing my delay? Mine is 400a with just the moonroof added

Reactions
I wonder if it’s the moonroof that’s causing my delay? Mine is 400a with just the moonroof added

Its possible, the frame would be on a different assembly line for the moonroof and I am sure there were more vehicles ordered with the moonroof than without

Reactions
Just for the heck of it, I emailed my dealer to confirm I had the right order number. I did, but she took a screenshot of what they see in the order system, and their system is showing a build week of 11/15, not 12/6, and somehow its now tagged with Priority 01. Not sure how that happened, but since i never have luck, ill take it. Maybe thats why I cant track in the normal system? Call your dealer and see if they see a different build date than you got in the email.
That is interesting. I'll call monday and see what they have to say. Earlier would be nice, but I won't get my hopes up with all the shortages.

Reactions

I ordered it with the moon roof so that may not be the hold up.

Reactions
Check your email. I received a email from Ford this morning informing my the timeline was bumped up from December 6th to 11/15. I haven't called the dealer yet or tried to see if the ford tracking system is working either.

Reactions
Check your email. I received a email from Ford this morning informing my the timeline was bumped up from December 6th to 11/15. I haven't called the dealer yet or tried to see if the ford tracking system is working either.
Interesting. I didn't get an email, but I'll keep an eye out for one. Still getting the same error on the tracking site.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Seem like they're gearing up for the 11/15 week for mass production. I actually received an email stating that my Nov 8th planned production was pushed back to 11/15.

Reactions
Interesting. I didn't get an email, but I'll keep an eye out for one. Still getting the same error on the tracking site.
Finally had a chance to talk with the dealer a little bit ago and this is what I found out. He confirmed in their system Ford has bumped up the production date to 11/15. The priority code also changed from 10 to 1. I still have the same error in the tracking system as before so, that hasn't changed. He was actually very surprised it jumped like that so, he decided to check one other customer who ordered a Black 22 ST around the same time frame as us. That customer order Has Not Changed production times like ours.

I'm not complaining one bit, but it does make me wonder why. Due to all the Semi-conductor shortages, supply chain problems, the electronic issues we read about everyday, we decided to drop the 401A package and a few other creature comforts to reduce the risk of delays before the final order. Another deciding factor was to reduce the chance of having the new car issues where the car sits at the dealer waiting on back order parts for a bricked PCM, Blue screen or whatever other new car problems might happen for months on end. Or worse having a broken massaging seat stuck in the middle of your back while trying to drive it everyday.

22 Forged Green, Int4x4, Street Pack, Moon roof and a few other little things. I'm not sure if the color makes that much of a difference or not with production schedule. The only other thing I can think of is the climate region we are in. I just prepped the snow plow because snow will be flying anytime here

Last edited:
Reactions
Seem like they're gearing up for the 11/15 week for mass production. I actually received an email stating that my Nov 8th planned production was pushed back to 11/15.
How do they handle the 21 orders not filled yet? Do you have any idea?

Reactions
Finally had a chance to talk with the dealer a little bit ago and this is what I found out. He confirmed in their system Ford has bumped up the production date to 11/15. The priority code also changed from 10 to 1. I still have the same error in the tracking system as before so, that hasn't changed. He was actually very surprised it jumped like that so, he decided to check one other customer who ordered a Black 22 ST around the same time frame as us. That customer order Has Not Changed production times like ours.

I'm not complaining one bit, but it does make me wonder why. Due to all the Semi-conductor shortages, supply chain problems, the electronic issues we read about everyday, we decided to drop the 401A package and a few other creature comforts to reduce the risk of delays before the final order. Another deciding factor was to reduce the chance of having the new car issues where the car sits at the dealer waiting on back order parts for a bricked PCM, Blue screen or whatever other new car problems might happen for months on end. Or worse having a broken massaging seat stuck in the middle of your back while trying to drive it everyday.

22 Forged Green, Int4x4, Street Pack, Moon roof and a few other little things. I'm not sure if the color makes that much of a difference or not with production schedule. The only other thing I can think of is the climate region we are in. I just prepped the snow plow because snow will be flying anytime here
I still havent gotten any email about the date change yet and still cant track either. You got the green? Im a little jealous. I went back and fourth between the green and grey metallic, and went for the grey because I couldnt see a green one anywhere, or find decent pics of a green ST. Green is always either awesome looking, or a big miss for me, and I didnt want to risk the miss.

I did get the AWD, 401A, and the premium tech, street pack, moon roof and some little things, so I'm guessing its not a chip related thing.

I'm not complaining... but am curious as well. Was the black one RWD by chance? Maybe they are doing AWD as first run?

Reactions
I still havent gotten any email about the date change yet and still cant track either. You got the green? Im a little jealous. I went back and fourth between the green and grey metallic, and went for the grey because I couldnt see a green one anywhere, or find decent pics of a green ST. Green is always either awesome looking, or a big miss for me, and I didnt want to risk the miss.

I did get the AWD, 401A, and the premium tech, street pack, moon roof and some little things, so I'm guessing its not a chip related thing.

I'm not complaining... but am curious as well. Was the black one RWD by chance? Maybe they are doing AWD as first run?
Haha, I hope its not a miss either, it's the wife's favorite color. We had the same issue trying to see the color in person other than a couple magazine articles read online about the timberline. I hope the color is close to what Ford had online because it looks sharp and if its different it might screw up the overall visual outcome. The grey looks good as well, but I'm wondering how deep of a grey it will turn out to be.

That is real close to what we were going to order and opted to drop it. I'm not sure if the other one was RWD or not. My understanding of the 2021 to 22 ST there is not much changing other than some of the options and packages being re arranged. I have no idea if anything mechanically or structurally is changing, I was told no, but who actually knows. I just hope the 22's are more revised and they are not just changing the 2021 date to make it a 22. The transmission issues look annoying and few other common reported problems like the flex pipe rattle, false knock, ect. Chances are this thing will be hitting a snow covered mountian pass on its way home from the dealer

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue
I just found out that 14 Explorer STs are either in or imminent to 3 West St. Louis, MO
Dealerships, ordered by the Dealers months ago. Check it out, use a zip code of 63005 or 63017 on a search of 2021 Ford Explorer St.