Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m now getting the error About this vehicle not being in the system when I try to track my explorer. Previously it’s always worked. I did get a recent email last week about it being pushed back a week production wise but otherwise I haven’t gotten any emails. Who knows why I can’t track now. Not sure this is something I want to bother the dealer about.

Reactions
I still cant track mine, and I never did get an email stating my build date was updated. I'm not going to bug the dealer until after 11/15, which is the last date I saw the vehicle scheduled for build.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I still cant track mine, and I never did get an email stating my build date was updated. I'm not going to bug the dealer until after 11/15, which is the last date I saw the vehicle scheduled for build.
yeah I think I’ll hold off. Seems like several of us are having the same issue. Might just be them doing some backend stuff gearing up for production in a few weeks.

Reactions
I finally got my confirmation email from Ford about my order, but still no VIN number. I saw everyone is having issues tracking theirs, but wanted to see if anyone had any insight into maybe when I'd get an update? I reached out to the dealership last week and they said the customer usually knows what's going on before they do. :rolleyes:

Reactions
I finally got my confirmation email from Ford about my order, but still no VIN number. I saw everyone is having issues tracking theirs, but wanted to see if anyone had any insight into maybe when I'd get an update? I reached out to the dealership last week and they said the customer usually knows what's going on before they do. :rolleyes:
It took me a month after the order confirmation email to get the email with my VIN... I've heard that 6 weeks is the norm.

Reactions
I’m now getting the error About this vehicle not being in the system when I try to track my explorer. Previously it’s always worked. I did get a recent email last week about it being pushed back a week production wise but otherwise I haven’t gotten any emails. Who knows why I can’t track now. Not sure this is something I want to bother the dealer about.
Ours changed in the system also. It changed to invalid VIN instead of "Not Available in this system". However, when I log into the ford site it has the VIN. Must be some background changes going on...

Reactions
Reactions
Just talked to my dealer, she said its no unusual for fords tracking system to not let you track, or to not get some of the emails. Sounds like the tracking system just isnt that good. Good news is she let me know I've got a scheduled build date, not just week.. so things are still moving ahead, and there must be enough parts for at least a couple days of production.

As for the issues manufacturers are having, its nuts the things that have had supply chain issues. Parts, chips, foam (resin), tints for paint, aluminum/magnesium, and thats just the ones that I can remember reading about. I'm just gonna make sure my bike is always in good condition, cause that may be the primary mode of transport at some point. Might have to buy a horse as a backup too...

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just talked to my dealer, she said its no unusual for fords tracking system to not let you track, or to not get some of the emails. Sounds like the tracking system just isnt that good. Good news is she let me know I've got a scheduled build date, not just week.. so things are still moving ahead, and there must be enough parts for at least a couple days of production.

As for the issues manufacturers are having, its nuts the things that have had supply chain issues. Parts, chips, foam (resin), tints for paint, aluminum/magnesium, and thats just the ones that I can remember reading about. I'm just gonna make sure my bike is always in good condition, cause that may be the primary mode of transport at some point. Might have to buy a horse as a backup too...
seriously. My 17 has has been solid so far so at times, makes me worried about the ST. I think I follow the Facebook pages too closely and they’re just full of people with complaints.

kahbooze

Reactions
I had an order that was supposed to be delivered the end of September. Dealer said it was in my state as of September 28th. A month later he said it’s still at the rail yard. Since it was originally a dealer order I’m not sure if there is any way I can actually track. Just stinks it’s been over a month waiting on delivery

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I had an order that was supposed to be delivered the end of September. Dealer said it was in my state as of September 28th. A month later he said it’s still at the rail yard. Since it was originally a dealer order I’m not sure if there is any way I can actually track. Just stinks it’s been over a month waiting on delivery
If you have the window sticker, it contains the information necessary to track it online. But, in my case, the online information wasn’t kept terribly current. It still showed unshipped when it had arrived at the dealer.

kahbooze

Reactions
If you have the window sticker, it contains the information necessary to track it online. But, in my case, the online information wasn’t kept terribly current. It still showed unshipped when it had arrived at the dealer.
The window sticker code didn’t work for me. The dealer is just saying ford won’t release it or 3 others from the rail yard.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
The window sticker code didn’t work for me. The dealer is just saying ford won’t release it or 3 others from the rail yard.
With the 4 digit code entered as the Order Number and the VIN, it worked for me.

4B6F8F53-021C-429E-9FED-999E55CB13B0.jpeg

Reactions
Just got the email that my production week was changed to 11/15. Way to go Ford... glad to see the tracking system is only a few weeks behind reality...

Reactions
Just got the email that my production week was changed to 11/15. Way to go Ford... glad to see the tracking system is only a few weeks behind reality...
Must of been delivered Via Pony Express...

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I am able to track my 22 again. In fact, site is updated now and includes a lot more detail. Shows all accessories and packages ordered. Shows a picture of my car. There is a link to view my window sticker but when I click on it it says it has not been released yet.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Just ordered an Atlas Blue '22 yesterday. The wait begins!

Reactions
I am able to track my 22 again. In fact, site is updated now and includes a lot more detail. Shows all accessories and packages ordered. Shows a picture of my car. There is a link to view my window sticker but when I click on it it says it has not been released yet.
Wow, the Ford Order tracking actually works! Thanks for the heads up. Breezing through it now

kahbooze

Reactions
With the 4 digit code entered as the Order Number and the VIN, it worked for me.

View attachment 8277
mine just doesn’t seem to wanna work. At this point not sure it’s worth getting a 21 now

Attachments