Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
Finally got my VIN and a production date (Dec 20). Ordered Oct 5th (after original order of MY21 at end of July didn't make the cut off). Hoping that date gets moved up at some point but either way, I'm glad to have an idea of when it's going to arrive.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Finally got my VIN and a production date (Dec 20). Ordered Oct 5th (after original order of MY21 at end of July didn't make the cut off). Hoping that date gets moved up at some point but either way, I'm glad to have an idea of when it's going to arrive.
Wait, so you ordered a 21 in July, and it wasn’t until Oct 5 when you placed a 22 order because the 21 didn’t make it? That’s crazy if so! Why wouldn’t they of just converted the 21 to a 22 and keep your space in the queue.

Reactions
Wait, so you ordered a 21 in July, and it wasn’t until Oct 5 when you placed a 22 order because the 21 didn’t make it? That’s crazy if so! Why wouldn’t they of just converted the 21 to a 22 and keep your space in the queue.
That's a great question and I have no idea the answer. I thought it would do that also but apparently they just cancelled the order. If I wouldn't have been checking back with my dealer every week, I may not have known for longer. I wish they would have converted it as it would have made it so much easier. Either way, I'm glad that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I traded in my lease early (back in July when I first ordered) so I've been without a car since then. I'm ready to get driving again! So tired of having to drive my husband's F250.

Reactions
For everyone that has put in an order for 2022, if Ford announces that the 2023 will be refreshed, will you be converting to a 2023 order, or still getting the 2022?

Reactions
For everyone that has put in an order for 2022, if Ford announces that the 2023 will be refreshed, will you be converting to a 2023 order, or still getting the 2022?
Nope, I need the bigger vehicle. If i could wait another year for a car, I wouldnt have put in an order.

Reactions
No, chances are things will be harder to get in a year anyway. Not to mention it could be electric and I really don't feel like going through those growing pains with new innovation if they do.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ughhh don’t getting me thinking about that. I don’t NEED a new vehicle. I absolutely, desperately want the ST. I miss having a vehicle I love driving and am passionate about. Having said that, my 17 explorer has been solid for me.
However, I am getting a really good interest rate and probably the most money for my trade then I will ever get so maybe now is the best time to take advantage of the upgrade.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Refreshed? Well... maybe, but a 3-year model run isn't long by any stretch of the imagination. My guess is they won't do a major refresh. Heck, I've been wrong before.

Reactions
the exact same thing happened to me. 21 ordered July 29. Converted to 22 at end of September.
That's a great question and I have no idea the answer. I thought it would do that also but apparently they just cancelled the order. If I wouldn't have been checking back with my dealer every week, I may not have known for longer. I wish they would have converted it as it would have made it so much easier. Either way, I'm glad that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I traded in my lease early (back in July when I first ordered) so I've been without a car since then. I'm ready to get driving again! So tired of having to drive my husband's F250.
the exact same thing happened to me. Ordered a 21 at the end of July which was converted to a 22 in late September. I was also hounding my salesman for updates

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Ordered 10/26 and just received my VIN today. Build date is the week of December 13th.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Just got mine as well for the same week!
I had to order out of state but got a great deal, Georgia dealers suck lol

Reactions
So for those who got a VIN/production date today: did your build include the technology package?

I see some orders from October getting scheduled, and not hearing anything about mine from August. I went with 401A, tech package, dual panel moonroof as options.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
So for those who got a VIN/production date today: did your build include the technology package?

I see some orders from October getting scheduled, and not hearing anything about mine from August. I went with 401A, tech package, dual panel moonroof as options.
401A, Tech package, moon roof
Priority 1

Reactions
Mine is a non-tech pack and no production date. Ordered 9/29. Previously had a production date of 12/6 which has since been removed. :cautious:

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
My build date just changed from 12/13 to 11/22. Ordered 10/26
I've had the VIN and order # for a week

Reactions
My build date just changed from 12/13 to 11/22. Ordered 10/26
I've had the VIN and order # for a week
Meanwhile still no production date on ours which order confirmed on 9/29(orginal order went in on 7/28!!!).
Pretty unpleasant car buying experience overall. I get the shortages, it’s just the lack of information and communication that is what I find most frustrating

Reactions
Did anyone who got an initial production date of 12/13 get moved up to 11/22 with the priority code of 19? I saw some people got theirs moved up.

Reactions
Mine is a priority code 19.
I just checked again today and it shows in production, with tbd delivery date. No window sticker yet either.

def too soon to get hopes up!

1636487687478.png

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine is a priority code 19.
I just checked again today and it shows in production, with tbd delivery date. No window sticker yet either.

def too soon to get hopes up!

View attachment 8436
Hey glad you got an update!!

Mine switched over to “In production “ today as well. Window sticker not working for me either.