Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
If you want to be silly like me, you could always order a Platinum, lower it and change out the gearing. I'm hoping that'll put it near the ST in performance. :) I ordered on 2/26 and it shipped out today. Should see it the week of May 8th (crossing my fingers AND toes!) I could be wrong. I'm sure I'll take a bit of heat for it if I am lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Sounds like you might want to run it all over with another dealer. They love screwing each other over if they can take your money
This is your best bet. On mine, they dropped the market adjustment once they found out I already had an order in with a different dealer.

Reactions
Sounds like you might want to run it all over with another dealer. They love screwing each other over if they can take your money
For sure and find one that'll do a 3% under Invoice. There's plenty of them in your area that would do that.

Reactions
Help!! Anyone know what I should do? Wouldn’t my salesman want to make the sale to me?

Reactions
Help!! Anyone know what I should do? Wouldn’t my salesman want to make the sale to me?
First off .... just cancel your order and get your deposit returned. $1,000 ??? If your salesman balks at that talk to his manager.

Reactions
First off .... just cancel your order and get your deposit returned. $1,000 ??? If your salesman balks at that talk to his manager.
My salesman didn’t want a deposit. Keeps on telling me built waiting for microchip. Sales manager doesn’t even return my phone calls.

Reactions
My salesman didn’t want a deposit. Keeps on telling me built waiting for microchip. Sales manager doesn’t even return my phone calls.
LOL .... even better. If you have no skin in the game then I would simply order another one through another dealer. Maybe your first one eventually gets built and your original dealer receives it. They'll simply sell it to someone else.

Reactions
Here's what you are looking for ....... a dealer who will do this. See attached. This is Granger Motors in Iowa.

Attachments

ValArb

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Still on microchip hold. I placed my order July 1st and I live in Michigan. Still no word on my vehicle.
That’s seems fishy. I would go to another dealer.

Reactions
That’s seems fishy. I would go to another dealer.
I totally agree. Which part of Michigan are you in? I ordered mine from Serra Ford in Rochester Hills..my salesman is amazing! I almost reordered due to changing my mind of the exterior color and he said, "no problem". It shouldn't be an issue at all to reorder or just walk away.

Brian

Reactions
I totally agree. Which part of Michigan are you in? I ordered mine from Serra Ford in Rochester Hills..my salesman is amazing! I almost reordered due to changing my mind of the exterior color and he said, "no problem". It shouldn't be an issue at all to reorder or just walk away.

Brian
Troy Mi. I ordered from Avis Ford.

silverTT

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My dealer won’t let me.
What was their reasoning for not letting you cancel and re-order? Wonder if there was a hang-up with converting the order from a ‘21 over to a ‘22.

July 2021 is a crazy long time ago. I’d say I’m glad I didn’t go there (almost did) but I’m stalled out with my order over at Suburban in Sterling Heights, too. Not as bad as your situation but I’ve been waiting since December.

Reactions
Troy Mi. I ordered from Avis Ford.
Oh okay. If you want a great guy to deal with, go see my guy Jon Maston at Serra Ford in Rochester Hills. Awesome dude. I have ordered 3 vehicle's from him in the past. I am not the easiest customer and he just gets it...I always give him a long list of demands before ordering lol. No dealer prep, no dealer stickers, no washing, nothing! Make sure he calls me the minute the car arrives...all that crazy stuff.

I have been calling him weekly since my Explorer St has been ordered and he's always upfront and keeps me up to date.

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
Placed an order for a 22 Explorer St March 15th.
Got an email saying it was going into production the week of May 9th. Then got an email saying they changed it to May 2nd.
Tracked it and is in production already.

Attached our window sticker. Feel lucky after reading some of your horror stories on wait times!

Having a baby in August and moving end of May so the sooner the better for us.

Attachments

Reactions
Placed an order for a 22 Explorer St March 15th.
Got an email saying it was going into production the week of May 9th. Then got an email saying they changed it to May 2nd.
Tracked it and is in production already.

Attached our window sticker. Feel lucky after reading some of your horror stories on wait times!

Having a baby in August and moving end of May so the sooner the better for us.
Also noted that it appears you are getting the Multicontour Front Seats as no credit is given for those. Mine is scheduled to build May 9 and my dealer told me he expects mine to get those seats as well. Good news if true ......

It is quite remarkable how quickly yours seems to have gone through from order to build. It simply makes no sense. My thought is Ford has had all previous orders "held up" in limbo waiting/hoping for these problem components i.e.. rear seat controls, MCS, rear axle recalls to arrive or resolve but have finally made the decision to build the vehicles and deal with installing these issues later. Now that they have a solution for all of these issues one would expect everyone to be finally receiving their ST's shortly. Your quick turnaround gives hope to that for sure.

Last edited:

Ford Forever

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Ordered mine on 3-30-22. Confirmed on 3-30-22. Production date is scheduled for 5-2-22.
Stone Blue, Equipment group 400a, no moonroof.
Keeping my fingers crossed that this goes quickly

Attachments

OP
STFan

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,037
Ordered mine on 3-30-22. Confirmed on 3-30-22. Production date is scheduled for 5-2-22.
Stone Blue, Equipment group 400a, no moonroof.
Keeping my fingers crossed that this goes quickly
Congrats on the order.

Spins4

Reactions
Vehicle
2015 GTR, 2022 Explorer ST (on order)
Crazy how there’s no rhyme or reason or correlation with these orders.

My order was confirmed on 1-11-22 with an original delivery estimate of 5-16-22 which made sense.
Received an update on 2-8-22 that the estimated delivery pushed to 7-25-22, had another update on 3-3-22 that delivery was still 7-25-22.

On 4-1-22 got an update that the new estimate moved up to 5-23-22 and another update a few days later that the date moved up again to 5-2-22 which got me super excited.

I received another update earlier this week with no estimated build or delivery date, it only says ‘Pending’. This is beyond frustrating.

Ford Forever

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Crazy how there’s no rhyme or reason or correlation with these orders.

My order was confirmed on 1-11-22 with an original delivery estimate of 5-16-22 which made sense.
Received an update on 2-8-22 that the estimated delivery pushed to 7-25-22, had another update on 3-3-22 that delivery was still 7-25-22.

On 4-1-22 got an update that the new estimate moved up to 5-23-22 and another update a few days later that the date moved up again to 5-2-22 which got me super excited.

I received another update earlier this week with no estimated build or delivery date, it only says ‘Pending’. This is beyond frustrating.
Reading alot of these and I can't figure it out. I still wonder how much the dealer has to do with it. My dealer is a priority 10.