Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
For members who placed custom orders for 2022's and received them, did any of you have the premium technology package and moonroof? I know some cars have to wait due to the chip shortage, but wanted to see if anyone who had ordered all those features, have received their car. I placed my order on 10/6. Thanks!
Yeah mine has both of those packages.

Zoli21

Reactions
No tech package and no moon roof for me. Ordered nov 1st. Already in production

Reactions
Both tech package and moon roof here. Production started 12/8 and the tracker has been showing built as of 12/17. Not sure what the holdup to shipping is…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
For members who placed custom orders for 2022's and received them, did any of you have the premium technology package and moonroof? I know some cars have to wait due to the chip shortage, but wanted to see if anyone who had ordered all those features, have received their car. I placed my order on 10/6. Thanks!
Mine has both.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

amr19

Reactions
I have the tech pack and moonroof. Still just listing as in production 11/23. Est was 12/9 and now still listing as 1/10

Reactions
I have premium, tech, moonroof, high perf brakes. Ordered on 10/6 and picked up on 12/17.

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
My tracker shows “in production” although isn’t scheduled to be built until 1/3. Does that mean they started early?

BDA0D1B7-F1D8-4F6C-A58E-FBE533A6F5B0.jpeg

Reactions
My tracker shows “in production” although isn’t scheduled to be built until 1/3. Does that mean they started early?

View attachment 9201
Did the blend date on your window sticker change?

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Did the blend date on your window sticker change?

not sure if it changed. But the sticker says 1/7/22 blend date

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just ordered one yesterday. We’ll see how long she takes.

Reactions
After a very long day yesterday the ST has made it home last night. This vehicle has certainly exceeded my expectations and earned my confidence very, very quickly. Immediately leaving the dealer with 5.8 miles on it, I took it through a real world, NW winter, mountainous road condition test drive during the 200-mile trek home. From speeds anywhere from 25-80mph, elevation changes, snow/ice/slush covered mountain passes, temps ranging from 2-19degf, it didn't matter what I tried to do with this thing, it was Stable, Predictable and I felt in control the entire time. Put it in some sketchy, tough situations on the road that usually would cause a pucker factor of 8-10 and almost instantaneously I was surprised and felt at ease even on the factory 21" pirelli's.

For giggles I tried out the hill descent at my co-pilots house, A 10%+ grade snow- and ice-covered driveway, with a hair pin turn in the middle I only had to point it in the direction I wanted it to go, and let the computer do the rest. I usually turn everything off like Advance Trac, but because my wife will be commuting 50 miles a day in it, I needed to see how it would do on its own. This vehicle is no slouch and I have no issues to be concerned with in inclement weather with my family in the truck. So far Ford nailed it! Worth every penny, except those 6 other speakers and bolt we are missing;)

Last edited:

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome and enjoy

Reactions
Just ordered one yesterday. We’ll see how long she takes.

Ordered mine December 11th, they emailed me the next day the confirmed order at Ford. They shut down for 2 weeks the 17th so I’m hoping next week I’ll get a update..

Reactions
I ordered mine 10/15, 401 package, tech and moonroof and it was delivered 12/9 to California. My contact with the dealer did say I was lucky, that this came in pretty quick and there were others that were ordered before mine and were still waiting for the delivery.

Reactions
They shut down for 2 weeks the 17th
First I’m hearing this, but if it’s true, it may explain why mine has not moved since “Built” status on the 17th. Production start date was the 8th - with the chip delay it wasn’t finished on time and I bet it didn’t make the cutoff for transport pre-shutdown.

My guess is that it’ll probably ship the 3rd; giving them a week to get it to my dealer for their ETA of the 10th.

Reactions
We dropped the tech package and kept the Moon roof trying to avoid potential shortages like what is happening now. Ordered 9/14.

Reactions
Ordered July 1st. First delivery date was Dec 14 then got pushed back to Jan 3 and now Feb 2.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ordered July 1st. First delivery date was Dec 14 then got pushed back to Jan 3 and now Feb 2.
July??? What the heck. How is that possible. I know people who ordered in Oct and received their vehicle.