Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Hey at least your dealer knows where it is. Mine was built then delivered to the wrong location. I found out that it was built in Chicago, loaded on a rail down to South Carolina and then put back on a truck and driven back to an Auto Auction in Chicago. Mind you I live in NC LOL. They said they had a truck going to get it and with the shorthand on drivers, I get it. They can't/won't even tell me if its been picked up or anything. I even called the Ford Marketing office last night who handles that stuff and they said they could only see when it was initially supposed to be delivered. Hopefully we'll get our cars soon!!
Ouch! Heads would be rolling!

Reactions
Ouch! Heads would be rolling!
Oh don't you worry. They might get tired of me calling and such, but I'm not letting up and they will be compensating me for something because this experience has been nothing less than a fiasco.

Reactions
My Beauty has finally arrived! Picked up at the dealership last night. Only got a couple of quick pics before driving off (it was dark when I left). Didn't have much time to play around last night but hoping to see what she can do soon. It is winter here in ND though and snow/ice is already everywhere so the real fun driving might have to wait until spring. Either way, I'm happy she's home!!

Attachments

amr19

Reactions
Mine has been listed in Production on the tracker since 11/23. The Vehicle Visibility report says it was produced, sent offsite, and then returned from offsite. It lists it as Micro chip on hold at plant since 12/7.

Reactions
Mine has been listed in Production on the tracker since 11/23. The Vehicle Visibility report says it was produced, sent offsite, and then returned from offsite. It lists it as Micro chip on hold at plant since 12/7.
Interesting. I'm also in Buffalo awaiting delivery. Mine was sent to production on 12/8. The tracker has been spotty, but it's now showing "Built" with a completion date of 12/17.

ETA on the tracker updated from 12/24 to 1/1.

Just waiting for shipping...

12/22 Edit: Tracking site still showing “Built” status; ETA updated from 1/1 to 1/10.

Last edited:

Condor

Reactions
Nothing like finding out your brand new vehicle was shipped to an auto auction site on Thursday and Ford says no it was delivered to the dealership. Dealership FINALLY did some digging and found it at the auto auction site. Now to have it shipped to the dealership to see if we even want it.

UPDATE!! Just got off the phone with the dealership and was told that FORD is picking up the vehicle because it was sent out NOT completed, it was missing chips so it's being sent back to the factory. The saga continues. Ford shows it was delivered on 12/17/21 and the. Recently shows chip recall.

This whole process has been a nightmare... Actually considering retracting our order. Keep getting the run around with Ford and dealership. Had Ford send a complaint to the dealership today.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Nothing like finding out your brand new vehicle was shipped to an auto auction site on Thursday and Ford says no it was delivered to the dealership. Dealership FINALLY did some digging and found it at the auto auction site. Now to have it shipped to the dealership to see if we even want it.

UPDATE!! Just got off the phone with the dealership and was told that FORD is picking up the vehicle because it was sent out NOT completed, it was missing chips so it's being sent back to the factory. The saga continues. Ford shows it was delivered on 12/17/21 and the. Recently shows chip recall.

This whole process has been a nightmare... Actually considering retracting our order. Keep getting the run around with Ford and dealership. Had Ford send a complaint to the dealership today.
When was it built?

Condor

Reactions
When was it built?
Blend date of 11/22 - 11/23 and its been stuck in the "In Production" stage since 11/23, even though its been shipped out by rail car then trucked back up to Chicago to an Auto Auction site then picked up by Ford to go back to the factory...

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Blend date of 11/22 - 11/23 and its been stuck in the "In Production" stage since 11/23, even though its been shipped out by rail car then trucked back up to Chicago to an Auto Auction site then picked up by Ford to go back to the factory...
Mine was built at the same time and is currently sitting in Birmingham. I hope mine doesnt have the same issue.

Reactions
I just ordered our ST today. From reading previous posts it seems that it takes about a month to get updated info from Ford on production dates and people seem to be getting their vehicles in about four months. Does this sound about right?
Also, can anyone tell me what priority code 10 means?
Thanks.

Reactions
I just ordered our ST today. From reading previous posts it seems that it takes about a month to get updated info from Ford on production dates and people seem to be getting their vehicles in about four months. Does this sound about right?
Also, can anyone tell me what priority code 10 means?
Thanks.
I ordered mine it'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and have only gotten my order number and nothing else. No Vin has came in or anything so I haven't been able to track mine . I think 10 is the highest retail Priority . I'm at a Priority 14 Xretail .

Reactions
Update on our fiasco with the final scheduled delivery date of today...What was turning into Xmas present is out the window now.

Ordered 9/14
After being built 11/22, shipped 11/29 it arrived At the rail yard 30 mins from the dealership last Friday 12/17. Original delivery window 12/16-12/22. Now, it has been pushed to Sunday 12/26 which is the 28th day in the ford window of 12-28 days for delivery. Sunday will be 34 days since it was allegedly finished being built.

This particular dealership has a pretty large quantity of customer vehicles held up at the ramp waiting auto-transport besides ours and the hold up is a Covid outbreak within the company who transports them. The drivers who move the vehicles are out sick and no backup drivers so, who knows when it will show up. I don't think it's coincidental the 26th was the new date on the Ford tracking site because that is the 28th(Last) day of the delivery window Ford provided.

Last edited:

Condor

Reactions
Update on our fiasco with the final scheduled delivery date of today...What was turning into Xmas present is out the window now.

Ordered 9/14
After being built 11/22, shipped 11/29 it arrived At the rail yard 30 mins from the dealership last Friday 12/17. Original delivery window 12/16-12/22. Now, it has been pushed to Sunday 12/26 which is the 28th day in the ford window of 12-28 days for delivery. Sunday will be 34 days since it was allegedly finished being built.

This particular dealership has a pretty large quantity of customer vehicles held up at the ramp waiting auto-transport besides ours and the hold up is a Covid outbreak within the company who transports them. The drivers who move the vehicles are out sick and no backup drivers so, who knows when it will show up. I don't think it's coincidental the 26th was the new date on the Ford tracking site because that is the 28th(Last) day of the delivery window Ford provided.
That sounds like us, only ours got picked up at the rail yard then delivered back up in Chicago lol. Then picked up by Ford due to not being completed, have the same built date as you as well.

Reactions
That sounds like us, only ours got picked up at the rail yard then delivered back up in Chicago lol. Then picked up by Ford due to not being completed, have the same built date as you as well.
I'm baffled on how many issues are being mentioned.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
ford isn’t the only one with these issues. My friend ordered from jeep, his was built, and his car has been sitting for several weeks now with no updates at all.

Reactions
What was your production sequence number? Our blend date was 11/21, but wasn't reported built until the 22nd

Condor

Reactions
What was your production sequence number? Our blend date was 11/21, but wasn't reported built until the 22nd
Our blend date was 11/22-11/23. My wife looked tonight and our Vin number and order number don't show up or recognized.

amr19

Reactions
Our blend date was 11/22-11/23. My wife looked tonight and our Vin number and order number don't show up or recognized.
I had the issue too tonight wasnt recognized. Mine was 11/23 but still waiting for chip it says.

Reactions
I had the issue too tonight wasnt recognized. Mine was 11/23 but still waiting for chip it says.
Is there a note on your order that says waiting for the chip? I know with the shortage it was definitely a possibility it would happen, but I never saw any kind of note until the person I spoke with at Ford told me it was in the notes for the car.

Reactions
It is on the top of the window sticker if you downloaded a copy of it... The Ford tracking site goes down all the time, it will probably pop back up in a day or two.