Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Speaking of missing items, isn’t there supposed to be an engine cover on the Explorer ST? I have a 2022 without an engine cover. Also, my wife has a 2022 Edge ST which has no engine cover and no hood liner. I used to own a 2016 Edge Sport which had an engine cover and a hood liner. What a joke.
I feel your pain, our 19 ST had a ford performance manual holder, ford performance engine cover, and the liner. None of those on the 21. “Chip shortage”…. LOL

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Are you guys referring to the underbody covers, ecu covers, or was there a proper engine cover under the hood? Now I'm curious

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My husband's 2023 F150 didn't come with one!!! they said you have to look online. 80k truck with no manual. Ridiculous
Yup, same here. 2023 Explorer w/ no manual… look online they said… :(

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Sure, the proof is a fully loaded Explorer ST or Platinum is creeping towards MSRP of $65-$70,000 depending on where you live. That vehicle while being very expensive continues to lose content along with unacceptable quality issues.

Please show me another OEM that has had a year long 360/RVC issue unresolved after a year and only now are we hearing about a potential fix coming at the end of 2023?

Where is the replacement rear subframe bolt for my 2021 ST that was identified last year as needing replacement?

Why does Genesis, who builds the GV70 SUV in the USA not have these same issues?......have you seen their multimedia system?......do they ever roll out software updates that literally brick their customers vehicles?

Genesis never has content deletes on their window stickers, and BTW go check out the build quality on a Genesis compared to a Ford Explorer.

My ST has under 10,000MI on it, the front brakes are grinding but tons of pad left. Turns out the Tier1 rotor supplier had issues for a while so for a few thousand builds the ST/PIU got rotors from a Tier 2 supplier and they are substandard. Who else does that?.....OK yes Dodge did that on the Durango but its a POS anyways.

Ford QC is killing them, along with their woke agenda and a ridiculous EV strategy.
Wait until you have a 2 year old Ford and all the caliper paint is peeling off and Ford's answer is sorry, that's not covered under anything.Ever.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Are you guys referring to the underbody covers, ecu covers, or was there a proper engine cover under the hood? Now I'm curious
Engine covers - those were removed pretty much across the board and other manufacturers are doing the same thing (unless in some cases you get a "better" version of the car - ie. Grand Cherokees have no cover unless you order a Summit or an Overland)
Hood shrouds have also been hit or miss - our '19 Edge ST was a tad quieter than the '21 ST as the hood had nothing underneath it - just bare metal.
I really wish that I had kept the Ford Performance manual sleeve from the '19 ST...
Then again, at least the cars didn't have the nonsense from our new '22 Toyota Highlander Platinum. The back end of the steering wheel had broken clips, passenger door had a failing latch on first pull after unlock, the rear door trim was not glued/attached and was coming off from new... there was also something banging behind the dashboard between the steering wheel and the door... noticed it when pulling out of the dealership but we had a 4 hour drive home and didn't have the ability to just say "take the car back". And if you guys who hate your Explorers for mechanical issues are upset - I had the valve seals spitting clouds of oil on start after just 3k on the odometer. Worst car ever. Have never hated a new car bumper to bumper until I got a Toyota Highlander...
.... so here I am still with Ford!

Suffice it to say, it is now luck of the draw with every car manufacturer :(

Except for Hyundai and co. - ie. Kia. That's just a flame waiting to be lit... pardon the pun.

King7878

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Speaking of missing items, isn’t there supposed to be an engine cover on the Explorer ST? I have a 2022 without an engine cover. Also, my wife has a 2022 Edge ST which has no engine cover and no hood liner. I used to own a 2016 Edge Sport which had an engine cover and a hood liner. What a joke.
The engine cover was removed for 2021 models of ST from the looks of it.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Well, its October 2nd, the day that those $1,000 COVP certificates expire. Wonder if those will be extended. In my opinion, they should be extended and should be upped a few grand for putting up with all this BS ordering a 2023 Explorer first or second quarter, only to hope it gets delivered 4th quarter.

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Wow. I must have hit the lottery as, knock on wood, I haven’t really had any glitches. About once every month or two my nav will stop working and show me driving in circles. Next stop/start cycle fixes it. Maybe I should play powerball.

Sorry to hear about all the issues you guys are having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdreefer619

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 EXPLORER ST
IN THE FORD RANGER YOU GET AN ENGINE COVER BECAUSE OF WATER GETTING INTO THE SPARK PLUG WELLS

ndbluegold

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer Platinum
I just got a Ford Explorer Platinum. It was delivered to Ford dealer with the 360 Camera working an no recall. It was a newer 2023 model so it seems to be fixed. We will see.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Called Ford marketing today for an update. Last time, they told me they showed the car built (behind on schedule/on hold). Today, rep said it is showing "in production". Looks like it took a step backwards. That COVP that was tied to the vehicle expired on 10-2 and is not showing anymore on his end. He kept pushing me to call dealer who has most up to date info always. What a joke.

He also told me this Chicago plant was NOT on strike, only the Dearborn location is on strike, per rep.

waiting

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Another bizarre development. When I search my VIN on the recall lookup, it now says "Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available." Before it was only "Recall Incomplete."

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
This gave me a laugh today, no s*** Sherlock

1696353528784.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My recall has been fixed, call your dealerships
called mine - they said they won't have my camera or harness until end of the year, but that it was ordered..

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Emailed dealer.asked about strike, fixes, etc. as usual, he replied eta 10-24-10-31 subject to change. One sentence answer every two weeks is what I get. Never answers any questions whatsoever.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thanks to all those that spoke to issues they have had and things to avoid (orders, buying off lot etc). We have a Bill of Sale for our new 2023 EXP ST but haven't paid a dime yet until the rear camera is repaired. The dealer had the camera in stock but unfortunately no harnesses.. Soon hopefully.. Capital Ford of Charlotte.

Kerri

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer St
I received a call from the General Manager at the Ford dealer where I bought my on the lot ST with the recall in June. He said great news the parts are coming for the 360 camera fix and would be here early this week and I would be driving my ST by Friday. It's now late Tuesday and the parts still are not in. I'm not holding my breath on driving my ST this weekend. The crappy part is that there are ST's landing at the dealers around me that I could go buy but the dealer I bought from sold my trade in that they had me drop off in July, so if I went and did that I would loose approximately 10k in tax savings. Such a joke that a giant company can get away with conducting business this way. You ask the dealer for compensation and they say call Ford, you call Ford and they say call the dealer. Pass the buck at it's finest!!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I received a call from the General Manager at the Ford dealer where I bought my on the lot ST with the recall in June. He said great news the parts are coming for the 360 camera fix and would be here early this week and I would be driving my ST by Friday. It's now late Tuesday and the parts still are not in. I'm not holding my breath on driving my ST this weekend. The crappy part is that there are ST's landing at the dealers around me that I could go buy but the dealer I bought from sold my trade in that they had me drop off in July, so if I went and did that I would loose approximately 10k in tax savings. Such a joke that a giant company can get away with conducting business this way. You ask the dealer for compensation and they say call Ford, you call Ford and they say call the dealer. Pass the buck at it's finest!!!!
There’s ones around us that we could have drove home today! I wish they would send parts for the explorers that are already financed & then follow behind them with ones that are just sitting on lots. Too easy.