Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I stand corrected there was some flooding in one of the yards. I reached out to a contact at the plant apparently flood damage was a very small amount of vehicles but there was some that had to be sent back for part exchange and then a few that got scrapped.

Ucla Xi

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST-Line
Hi everyone☺

I am one of the silent-observers, who for months has been appreciatively kept abreast by your frustrating experiences. I've been committed to turning this group's pain into power, and utilizing every bit of your wisdom (including things as nuanced as how to decipher the order #, off the window sticker, and how to leverage that information in negotiations & conversations). So I send you all both my deepest gratitude and my sincerest empathy

My journey has come to a place where I believe it may be informative/helpful to share my experience with the group:

•In June I went to get a new Explorer
•I wanted to upgrade from XLT to ST
•I found the exact build I wanted
•Discovered 3 in L.A. (2 recall/1 D.O.)
•Came across this group
•Knew not to believe that the 'Fix Is Soon'
•Knew not to finance/trade-in early
•Knew a 'refundable hold' was OK
•Put a 2 for 1 'hold' on a D.O. & a recall
•D.O. was built & shipped 8-28/8-30
•ST arrived in L.A. for final prep on 9/18
•The build has an operational 360° cam (vs a delete credit)
•Delivered today (pics below)
•TYSM for sharing your experiences (the victory is because of you)

Empathically yours, Anthony

ST-Line 2023.jpg

ST-Line 360°.jpg

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hi everyone☺

I am one of the silent-observers, who for months has been appreciatively kept abreast by your frustrating experiences. I've been committed to turning this group's pain into power, and utilizing every bit of your wisdom (including things as nuanced as how to decipher the order #, off the window sticker, and how to leverage that information in negotiations & conversations). So I send you all both my deepest gratitude and my sincerest empathy

My journey has come to a place where I believe it may be informative/helpful to share my experience with the group:

•In June I went to get a new Explorer
•I wanted to upgrade from XLT to ST
•I found the exact build I wanted
•Discovered 3 in L.A. (2 recall/1 D.O.)
•Came across this group
•Knew not to believe that the 'Fix Is Soon'
•Knew not to finance/trade-in early
•Knew a 'refundable hold' was OK
•Put a 2 for 1 'hold' on a D.O. & a recall
•D.O. was built & shipped 8-28/8-30
•ST arrived in L.A. for final prep on 9/18
•The build has an operational 360° cam (vs a delete credit)
•Delivered today (pics below)
•TYSM for sharing your experiences (the victory is because of you)

Empathically yours, Anthony

View attachment 19785

View attachment 19786
Welcome to the forum. Congrads on your new ride.

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Everything from the first week of May until August is on stop ship/hold, unless the August production included the camera delete option. I think that they started doing the camera deletes in the second week of August, so from that point on orders have been quick to ship out!
Jerbroni, you are correct! My dealer just got in an ST & ST Line that was built in July, shipped and just arrived, but it has the camera delete, so they were building/clearing those vehicles. They offered it to us first, but doesn't have some of the options that we special ordered, and we would lose some of the incentives that are linked to my original VIN. Also i feel like we're in the home stretch here, these cars have to start shipping. My car is also posting a recall for the first time so something has to be happening. I feel like we've come so long to settle on a car that we didn't originally order. If this was July and they told me i wont get my car until around October i would've taken this camera delete one in a heartbeat.

p.s.--My sales rep is saying they are selling Broncos for under sticker because they can't move them...my husband keeps trying to convince me, but idk!

fireboy2669

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I just saw where the Ford Chicago plant is going on strike today at 11am, for those that are waiting on a new ST, looks like the wait just got longer! SMH, I have had one ordered since March, thankfully I pulled the trigger 2 weeks and bought one that just was received at a dealership that was built in April and recall was corrected and was available for sale. I struggled with buying a different vehicle or waiting on the one I ordered, (only difference was color), but now I am so thankful I bought the one I did. Good luck to all those still waiting. Ford has created a mess!

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
I just saw where the Ford Chicago plant is going on strike today at 11am, for those that are waiting on a new ST, looks like the wait just got longer! SMH, I have had one ordered since March, thankfully I pulled the trigger 2 weeks and bought one that just was received at a dealership that was built in April and recall was corrected and was available for sale. I struggled with buying a different vehicle or waiting on the one I ordered, (only difference was color), but now I am so thankful I bought the one I did. Good luck to all those still waiting. Ford has created a mess!
I may be wrong, but I truly believe that prices are about to skyrocket. Especially if this strike lasts any significant amount of time.

fireboy2669

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I may be wrong, but I truly believe that prices are about to skyrocket. Especially if this strike lasts any significant amount of time.
I agree with you, they will use any reason to raise prices.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Jerbroni, you are correct! My dealer just got in an ST & ST Line that was built in July, shipped and just arrived, but it has the camera delete, so they were building/clearing those vehicles. They offered it to us first, but doesn't have some of the options that we special ordered, and we would lose some of the incentives that are linked to my original VIN. Also i feel like we're in the home stretch here, these cars have to start shipping. My car is also posting a recall for the first time so something has to be happening. I feel like we've come so long to settle on a car that we didn't originally order. If this was July and they told me i wont get my car until around October i would've taken this camera delete one in a heartbeat.

p.s.--My sales rep is saying they are selling Broncos for under sticker because they can't move them...my husband keeps trying to convince me, but idk!
I am seriously considering a Bronco, will know by Monday. We are between a Raptor and a Wildtrak.

The black ST that my dealer just got in, which I saw a few days ago didn't "feel" like a new car. I don't know if that makes sense, but it was a 360 fix vehicle with no deletions that sat since May, and the paint seemed a little foggy, with no new car smell. Just felt "used".

We still need a more full size option down the road, but the pups do well in the Broncos and the younger one doesn't get car sick in it, sooooo.... we will see

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I agree with you, they will use any reason to raise prices.
Prices throughout the new car market have been skyrocketing.. very few manufacturers carry over from one model year to the next with a "reasonable" increase. Ford has been raising prices throughout the year here and there, which is really crappy to do, but I don't see this stopping anytime soon. Can't find workers, can't find workers at lower rates - not just at the vehicle manufacturer's side but also in the supply chain which in turn affects the price of materials and components... I doubt that we've seen a stop to the rise in prices... in many industries, not just automotive.

fireboy2669

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Prices throughout the new car market have been skyrocketing.. very few manufacturers carry over from one model year to the next with a "reasonable" increase. Ford has been raising prices throughout the year here and there, which is really crappy to do, but I don't see this stopping anytime soon. Can't find workers, can't find workers at lower rates - not just at the vehicle manufacturer's side but also in the supply chain which in turn affects the price of materials and components... I doubt that we've seen a stop to the rise in prices... in many industries, not just automotive.
Yes, but I believe all manufacturers and industries are using the supply issue excuse as a reason to raise prices, and I also believe they are intentionally creating supply issue problems, they have learned since covid that they can raise prices when items are hard to get.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Yes, but I believe all manufacturers and industries are using the supply issue excuse as a reason to raise prices, and I also believe they are intentionally creating supply issue problems, they have learned since covid that they can raise prices when items are hard to get.
While I agree with you that their profit margins have to keep increasing, that is the corporate way, the situation won't help any and is quite real. Not sure how it is going in your neck of the woods, but here in Ontario there are no bodies ready and willing to work. Society has been spoiled by generational issues, with covid aid to boot.

macmalcolm

U.S. Navy Veteran
Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well, today’s Strike at the Chicago Assembly Plant might be the deciding factor for us to bail out and purchase another vehicle!?!? Our ST was ordered on 3/21, production date was 5/3, finally got a build date of 9/21 but nothing has changed since then.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I would love to see some proof of what you allege.

fireboy2669

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
While I agree with you that their profit margins have to keep increasing, that is the corporate way, the situation won't help any and is quite real. Not sure how it is going in your neck of the woods, but here in Ontario there are no bodies ready and willing to work. Society has been spoiled by generational issues, with covid aid to boot.
Exactly the same, no one wants to work, govt hands out so much free money, they won't work, restaurants and business' shortening hours or closing certain days of the week because of lack of people.

fireboy2669

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Well, today’s Strike at the Chicago Assembly Plant might be the deciding factor for us to bail out and purchase another vehicle!?!? Our ST was ordered on 3/21, production date was 5/3, finally got a build date of 9/21 but nothing has changed since then.
from what I have seen in the last month, once it is given a build date it is ready to ship, the one I recently bought was actually built in April, But showed a 9/1/23 build date, and the dealer had it in about a week, most lately are shipped within a few days of the build date. Not sure if the strike will affect that or not, have you done a search on your vin to see if it still shows the 360 camera recall? I am guessing it will not since it now has a build date. Hopefully it will show up soon. Good Luck!

macmalcolm

U.S. Navy Veteran
Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
from what I have seen in the last month, once it is given a build date it is ready to ship, the one I recently bought was actually built in April, But showed a 9/1/23 build date, and the dealer had it in about a week, most lately are shipped within a few days of the build date. Not sure if the strike will affect that or not, have you done a search on your vin to see if it still shows the 360 camera recall? I am guessing it will not since it now has a build date. Hopefully it will show up soon. Good Luck!
The Recall website shows “0 Unrepaired Recalls”. My Dealer’s vehicle tracking program shows it located now in Dearborn MI at what appears to be a Railroad Yard of some sort. He thinks that it is in the process of shipment at this time. We can only hope so.

fireboy2669

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The Recall website shows “0 Unrepaired Recalls”. My Dealer’s vehicle tracking program shows it located now in Dearborn MI at what appears to be a Railroad Yard of some sort. He thinks that it is in the process of shipment at this time. We can only hope so.
sounds like you could get it soon if the strike doesn't effect it, Good Luck!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Platinum 3.0 EcoBoost
Hi All,

So I just discovered that my 360 camera is deleted from the biuld. Currently the website says I have been in production for the last week. I am about to cancel, which really bums me out. My 2019 F150 has it and I honestly can't see living with out it. BTW I ordered a Platinum, but was planning to tune it that is why I am here. I need to read more here, but I will ask is there anyway to add it back in after delivery?

Remima

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Limited
Have dealerships gotten the green light yet to start repairing vehicles that had been sitting on their lots to release to purchase?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Have dealerships gotten the green light yet to start repairing vehicles that had been sitting on their lots to release to purchase?

I was at my dealer on Thursday. The GM who I know pretty well, told me they are getting the parts next week - subject to change, that's what Ford told them. But, they are only getting the replacement wiring harness for 2 vehicles instead of the 4 they need at this time.