Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

ndbluegold

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer Platinum
All, I just found out after purchase that Ford Explorer Platinum 2023 has Sync 3 and everything I read, sync 3 does not support wireless apple carplay. I found that you can get adapters but has anyone hear that ford might update SYNC3 to allow for wireless CarPlay.
Thanks

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
The engine cover was removed for 2021 models of ST from the looks of it.
My 21 ST has the engine cover.

Might be 2022 Model year delete

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
All, I just found out after purchase that Ford Explorer Platinum 2023 has Sync 3 and everything I read, sync 3 does not support wireless apple carplay. I found that you can get adapters but has anyone hear that ford might update SYNC3 to allow for wireless CarPlay.
Thanks
Im told its hardware and there will be no upgrade.......SYNC3 is a poorly executed legacy system that should have been End Of Life before this generation of Explorer was released.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Im told its hardware and there will be no upgrade.......SYNC3 is a poorly executed legacy system that should have been End Of Life before this generation of Explorer was released.
Agreed. At this point it feels very dated. I’d be reasonably happy if I could get full screen ApplePlay at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My 21 ST has the engine cover.

Might be 2022 Model year delete
Nice. I can't seem to find a pic of one online, or a part number to order one...? Are we sure these aren't a figment of the imagination o_O

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Congratulations. May we ask when yours was built ? It's interesting how production dates are not consistent with delivery. Enjoy your new ride....

jetboi550

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Now i just need this strike to end so I can get my 23 ST out of Ford Purgatory at the Speedway holding lot and back through the factory and get the 360 camera fixed installed. Hopefully soon. Build Date: 07/20/23

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Congratulations. May we ask when yours was built ? It's interesting how production dates are not consistent with delivery. Enjoy your new ride....
If you're asking about mine - it may have been confusing how I worded that. We had purchased it in August and was waiting on the fix, so I am not sure about build date. My dealership had received my camera yesterday, replaced it, and I am picking it up tomorrow.

glorsung

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My recall was completed and I picked my ST last night! Thank you all for such great communication. I used it to inform my dealer as they didn’t know half of what you all provided. Good luck to all those waiting!

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
My contact at Ford PR just called and told me the race track storage for Explorers in Chicago will be shut down immediately and she thought that included pickets. She said my 10-27 thru 11-2 dates are still there but TBD has been updated. Just when the light at the end of the tunnel started to glow! She has been right at every turn so I believe what she told me..

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Some beach!! The dealership just called and said the ST recall was “fixed” and it was ready for delivery. I requested they tint the front windows and install splash guards for my 17 week wait. The CSR kinda balked and said you will have to take that up with Ford, I laughed and said I am, you are Ford, correct, crickets on his end. I told him to run it by Kyle the new car sales manager and get back with me. They agreed. We pick it up Friday. Fully loaded Carbonized Gray. My Wife loves it, it matches her 67 mustang coup that her son spent 6 years building for her.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Some beach!! The dealership just called and said the ST recall was “fixed” and it was ready for delivery. I requested they tint the front windows and install splash guards for my 17 week wait. The CSR kinda balked and said you will have to take that up with Ford, I laughed and said I am, you are Ford, correct, crickets on his end. I told him to run it by Kyle the new car sales manager and get back with me. They agreed. We pick it up Friday. Fully loaded Carbonized Gray. My Wife loves it, it matches her 67 mustang coup that her son spent 6 years building for her.
Good Enjoy your ST.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Good Enjoy your ST.

okayestwhitebelt

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Sounds like we are all getting big surprises. Maybe the dealers are just as surprised by the parts showing up on their doorsteps as we are... I got the call Friday saying mine was fixed and ready for pick up. Id say for anyone in this situation don't be afraid to press for extra stuff from the dealer if you've been waiting to take delivery. I walked away with a lot and they didn't put up much of a fight. I was in a '23 Mach-E loaner, was reimbursed for the payments I made before taking delivery (Well two checks pending turns out the guy I was sending the payment confirmations to quit so I had to resend two of them.) ,they installed the speedID diff brace, and I had them double check the trans fluid before I took delivery.
IMG_2129 (1).jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Sounds like we are all getting big surprises. Maybe the dealers are just as surprised by the parts showing up on their doorsteps as we are... I got the call Friday saying mine was fixed and ready for pick up. Id say for anyone in this situation don't be afraid to press for extra stuff from the dealer if you've been waiting to take delivery. I walked away with a lot and they didn't put up much of a fight. I was in a '23 Mach-E loaner, was reimbursed for the payments I made before taking delivery (Well two checks pending turns out the guy I was sending the payment confirmations to quit so I had to resend two of them.) ,they installed the speedID diff brace, and I had them double check the trans fluid before I took delivery.
View attachment 19938
Looking good in green, first one that I’ve seen!

Mine is still stuck in Chicago so I asked the dealer to switch me over to an in stock Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch… but I will still lurk around here as you never know what might happen when it gets here (if it does)!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
View attachment 19938
Love this color. I hope it is available when I order my 2025.

kbatto

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Ford came to our home yesterday and updated the camera system. I hope this is the end of all of the BS Ford has put us through.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
View attachment 19938
Awesome. Let us know how you like that color... I love how it seems to change colors depending on the light!

Also, I'm kind of amazed they installed the diff brace for you! Good for you!