Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Look at this wonderful news I just received today!

Email from dealer:
I just received not good news. Your Aviator was flooded on the storage lot in Chicago. The vehicle cannot be delivered and we are not able to sell. Saying this is unfortunate would be an understatement. Just want you to know I understand the frustration.
With that being said my dealership has been getting Aviators in and are able to sell. We have one almost identical to what you ordered except the interior is Roast (see attached window sticker). Let me know if you would take this vehicle as it is in stock and available to sell...it's the closest option we have to your original order.

Unbelievable!
Flood? What flood? Sounds fishy for a level surface, I wonder if it was one of the stolen/banged up vehicles…

Reactions
We just ours back after taking it in for a few of the customer service recalls windows switches AND the front and side camera replacements after they go cloudy... If they are low on front cameras who in their right mind issued a voluntarily recall to replace cameras that were getting cloudy when vehicles are sitting for months waiting on those same cameras.....

BTW the front camera is crystal clear again :ROFLMAO:

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Mustang GT
The window sticker is the same as mine with the exception of interior color. So the same price. I did however ask what they would do to make up for the fact i waited 10 months only to find out my order wont be sold to me. They need to speak to their Lincoln rep about rebates.

I'm test driving the car tomorrow and will see if they have anything to say then.
I asked the dealership what they were going to do for my wait. They told me to ask Ford. I asked Ford, they told me to talk to my dealership. The buck continues to be passed....

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Email from dealer:
I just received not good news. Your Aviator was flooded on the storage lot in Chicago. The vehicle cannot be delivered and we are not able to sell. Saying this is unfortunate would be an understatement. Just want you to know I understand the frustration.
With that being said my dealership has been getting Aviators in and are able to sell. We have one almost identical to what you ordered except the interior is Roast (see attached window sticker). Let me know if you would take this vehicle as it is in stock and available to sell...it's the closest option we have to your original order.

Unbelievable!
What in the unholy name of Satans bum hole is happening in the Ford/Lincoln universe! The only flood I can think of is maybe the BS is getting so intense around the Chicago factory that it's spilling out into the parking lots.

Sorry... not funny. I really hope the other model works out for you and you get something for your troubles.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
What in the unholy name of Satans bum hole is happening in the Ford/Lincoln universe! The only flood I can think of is maybe the BS is getting so intense around the Chicago factory that it's spilling out into the parking lots.

Sorry... not funny. I really hope the other model works out for you and you gets something for your troubles.
Made me laugh! Can’t say not funny!

Reactions
Vehicle
Aviator
Perhaps a stolen vehicle with broken windows would end up with flood damage? Either way it’s trashed and not being delivered. See what tomorrow brings!

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST

Email from dealer:

Unbelievable!
That is the most ridiculous story I have ever heard, Chicago had no flooding

The vehicle was damaged somehow and that's their story.

So after waiting 10 months they want you to take one of the stock vehicles off their lot even though its not exactly what you ordered?

If it were me I would be switching to another brand, no other OEM has this many issues.

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Ok, after frustrating Ford chat today, I called Ford marketing as they suggested. Lady at Ford marketing told me that my order was "behind on schedule" - "on hold". Told me the transport days were 9-22 to 9-28.

But interestingly, she told me that I have a COVP tag attached to this Explorer that expires on 10-2. I said well what if it doesn't get to dealer by then? She was adamant that I call the dealership today to give them that number. She made it sound like the dealership needed to do something on their end. So, I emailed sales guy who has been a man of few words and only speaks when spoken to, literally. HIs answer was that "It's produced and released from the Chicago Plant. There's nothing we can do about the COVP tag expiring. I'm sorry but that is a Ford Manufacturer rebate, we can't control their expiration dates."

Does anyone even know what this is all about? Anyone else experiencing this?

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Pam..It must be a northern Ohio thing. I called my salesman yesterday asking about the incentives I have gotten from Ford. He informed me that they would honor any rebates or incentives available at the time I signed the order.(April) His statement sounded like they would not have accepted the COVP that runs out after 10/2.

As someone stated. Ford needs to create some avenue to rectify our loss waiting in good faith for a vehicle!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
If I remember correctly, Chicago had wide spread flooding the weekend of the NASCAR street race. Would not be surprised if it flooded the "storage facility" at the track.

waiting

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Supplement 2 was just posted on the NHTSA website:
  • Service Action: The repair is now available
  • Attachments: The Technical Instructions are now available.
  • Mobile Service Repair Assessment Level: Not a Mobile Service Repair.
  • Labor Allowances: The repair labor allowances are now available.
  • Parts Requirements / Ordering Information: Parts are available through a seed stock program in extremely limited quantities.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCMN-23V342-1782.pdf

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That is the most ridiculous story I have ever heard, Chicago had no flooding

The vehicle was damaged somehow and that's their story.

So after waiting 10 months they want you to take one of the stock vehicles off their lot even though its not exactly what you ordered?

If it were me I would be switching to another brand, no other OEM has this many issues.
Chicago area has had 3 severe floods so far this year. https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/flooding-chicagos-south-suburbs/

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
So if my Explorer was built on July 19th why has it been on Production Hold? 7/19 is well past the 5/2 cut off????
Just asking

jetboi550

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yes Chicago most certainly had flooding on the south side where the Ford plant is. Two weeks ago extreme rain all day on a Sunday.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
So if my Explorer was built on July 19th why has it been on Production Hold? 7/19 is well past the 5/2 cut off????
Just asking
Everything from the first week of May until August is on stop ship/hold, unless the August production included the camera delete option. I think that they started doing the camera deletes in the second week of August, so from that point on orders have been quick to ship out!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Yes Chicago most certainly had flooding on the south side where the Ford plant is. Two weeks ago extreme rain all day on a Sunday.
In this case, I wonder how many cars have flood damage that is not as obvious, and will get cleared for shipment then experience gremlins and other issues upon delivery…

Reactions
Vehicle
Aviator
Lincoln offering $2k off the car for my troubles. Wife hates the brown interior. Tough decision with limited options....

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Mustang GT
Question: dealer has an ST for me... Almost what I ordered other than the 360 delete and the captains seats. He says the front and rear camera are there but he can only get the rear to work. Should the front facing camera work as well?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Question: dealer has an ST for me... Almost what I ordered other than the 360 delete and the captains seats. He says the front and rear camera are there but he can only get the rear to work. Should the front facing camera work as well?
Front camera on mine works while stopped and going forward at very slow speed.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I think that as with the rear kick liftgate, we will eventually find that a part or two plus a quick ForSCAN session will get the feature going with the 360 deleted cars...