Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
UPDATE: I am picking up my ST today. It had been stuck in production since May 3rd. Just confirmed with the salesman that it has the full 360 camera.
Congrats!

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
UPDATE: I am picking up my ST today. It had been stuck in production since May 3rd. Just confirmed with the salesman that it has the full 360 camera.
awesome! keep us posted if this is the new or "fixed" 360 camera.

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Better than Christmas

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Congratulations

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Congrads and welcome to the forum.

Kahuna

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer
Even with the change in our order tracking now showing the ST is built, the Window Sticker is still not accessible. I’m thinking there is some sort of technical issue with whatever Server handles those files?
I think the window stickers are being re-done to delete the mention of the 360 degree camera.

MrMark

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
20230922_165656.jpg
Here it is, drove it home today.
For everyone who is still waiting, this vehicle was one of the many that had been built and then stored at the speedway in Chicago.
Dealer ordered : 1/11/2023
Original "In production" date: 5/3/2023
Built Date: 9/6/2023
Shipped: 9/8/2023
Has a fully functional 360 camera system - not a delete and no outstanding recalls.

The nightmare is over for me but I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone who is still waiting.

Last edited:

macmalcolm

U.S. Navy Veteran
Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
View attachment 19705
For everyone who is still waiting, this vehicle was one of the many that had been built and then stored at the speedway in Chicago.
Has a fully functional 360 camera system - not a delete and no outstanding recalls.

The nightmare is over for me but I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone who is still waiting.
Nice!! Ours should look exactly like yours when it gets here. Congratulations !!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
View attachment 19705

Congrads enjoy.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Well, something might be happening with our ST order because today I see the first change in the order tracking website since it started to show “In Production: 5/3/2023”. It now shows “Built: 9/21/2023”. It’s almost like Christmas is coming!!!
That's promising!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Congratulations! Glad you got the camera in yours!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
View attachment 19705

What a relief! Thanks for that timeline and info. Enjoy... I am definitely enjoying mine! I also got the gray.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
To all that bought Explorers and they are sitting on dealers lots awaiting “fix”…I talked to my dealership and said they got a update from Ford that they will be replacing the cameras and shipments will be sent out on 9/25, 10/2, and 10/9. Fingers crossed!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
To all that bought Explorers and they are sitting on dealers lots awaiting “fix”…I talked to my dealership and said they got a update from Ford that they will be replacing the cameras and shipments will be sent out on 9/25, 10/2, and 10/9. Fingers crossed!!
Oh Lord I really hope this happens! I've been waiting on an update for the Explorers on the lots bc mine is sitting on one! lol.

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I have a question for those of us that have ordered our cars Jan/Feb, built in March/May, how do you feel about dealers not giving much incentives for a car that's practically 1 yr old? Most people are picking up their 2024's. Just found out that my sales rep is no longer with the dealership and all the numbers i discussed with him over the phone, when talking to the sales manager that took my call, he was being well a you know what about it. My husband made a good point saying no way in hell I'm paying full MSRP on this car that sat in storage and is basically a yr old, if we ever sell we'll always be behind the 8 ball. Not to mention the horrendous communication and the hell we've been through these last 6months. Curious on some opinions.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hey folks,

So I am back, my dealer gave me a Bronco Sasquatch loaner, and getting another car/Jeep did not work out (dealer was playing games and trying to take a deposit without having any paperwork/kept switching me to V6's instead of Hemis that I kept asking for, honestly, dumbest experience that I never thought would be possible at a dealership with inventory stagnating on their lot). The credit app took a day, the salesperson took two weeks to fail to get me a sales contract.

I noticed this today when trying to login to check on my Explorer's status... anyone else getting this???

1695651622288.png

MGGM

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Been watching this thread for my dad who has stage 4 cancer and is waiting to buy a brand new ST sitting in showroom but has the recall - hoping the fix comes soon to give him something to look forward to. I am also considering buying an ST that would come from the Chicago Speedway - my question is do you think there could be damage inside and out for a car sitting outside in the elements so long? I currently have an Explorer 2013 Sport that is in pretty great condition because I have it garaged most of the time. I am concerned about the heat/sun/cold effect on the inside as well as rain/snow/etc. on the outside. Anyone share those concerns for cars sitting outside in Chicago or are these cars built to protect against the elements/they have not been sitting that long to matter that much? Thank you.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Hey folks,

So I am back, my dealer gave me a Bronco Sasquatch loaner, and getting another car/Jeep did not work out (dealer was playing games and trying to take a deposit without having any paperwork/kept switching me to V6's instead of Hemis that I kept asking for, honestly, dumbest experience that I never thought would be possible at a dealership with inventory stagnating on their lot). The credit app took a day, the salesperson took two weeks to fail to get me a sales contract.

I noticed this today when trying to login to check on my Explorer's status... anyone else getting this???

View attachment 19742
I just went and checked after I saw your post. Mine is still "stuck in production" since 7-19-23. However, my window sticker hasn't been available for almost a week now.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Been watching this thread for my dad who has stage 4 cancer and is waiting to buy a brand new ST sitting in showroom but has the recall - hoping the fix comes soon to give him something to look forward to. I am also considering buying an ST that would come from the Chicago Speedway - my question is do you think there could be damage inside and out for a car sitting outside in the elements so long? I currently have an Explorer 2013 Sport that is in pretty great condition because I have it garaged most of the time. I am concerned about the heat/sun/cold effect on the inside as well as rain/snow/etc. on the outside. Anyone share those concerns for cars sitting outside in Chicago or are these cars built to protect against the elements/they have not been sitting that long to matter that much? Thank you.
I do have some concerns actually, but not sure anyone at Ford much cares. Mine has been sitting in Chicago too since mid-July. It's black and sitting in that summer sun. I garage my cars every night and would bet that this will be the first car that I own that will have spent more time in the elements, even before I take delivery. Even more concerning are the recent reports of stealing and damage to some of the Explorers and Aviators sitting there. Time will tell I suppose.

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I totally agree with you. Personally i think that is a big issue for a car to have sat out in a lot for months. Wishing you all the best with your Dad.