Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Midland35

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I do have some concerns actually, but not sure anyone at Ford much cares. Mine has been sitting in Chicago too since mid-July. It's black and sitting in that summer sun. I garage my cars every night and would bet that this will be the first car that I own that will have spent more time in the elements, even before I take delivery. Even more concerning are the recent reports of stealing and damage to some of the Explorers and Aviators sitting there. Time will tell I suppose.
Another concern would be rodents. Mice just LOVE to eat wiring. I live out in the country and it has happened to me several times on equipment or vehicles sitting still and not moving for a period of time.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Well tracking is back...

Have also been concerned with this year's storms, heat, hail, etc making a number on my car. For a moment I thought that my order got scrapped due to loss/theft, as pam's was working, but it looks like the tracker was just sleeping in this morning...

....the explorergate scandal continues...

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Ok, after frustrating Ford chat today, I called Ford marketing as they suggested. Lady at Ford marketing told me that my order was "behind on schedule" - "on hold". Told me the transport days were 9-22 to 9-28.

But interestingly, she told me that I have a COVP tag attached to this Explorer that expires on 10-2. I said well what if it doesn't get to dealer by then? She was adamant that I call the dealership today to give them that number. She made it sound like the dealership needed to do something on their end. So, I emailed sales guy who has been a man of few words and only speaks when spoken to, literally. HIs answer was that "It's produced and released from the Chicago Plant. There's nothing we can do about the COVP tag expiring. I'm sorry but that is a Ford Manufacturer rebate, we can't control their expiration dates."

Does anyone even know what this is all about? Anyone else experiencing this?

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Ok, after frustrating Ford chat today, I called Ford marketing as they suggested. Lady at Ford marketing told me that my order was "behind on schedule" - "on hold". Told me the transport days were 9-22 to 9-28.

But interestingly, she told me that I have a COVP tag attached to this Explorer that expires on 10-2. I said well what if it doesn't get to dealer by then? She was adamant that I call the dealership today to give them that number. She made it sound like the dealership needed to do something on their end. So, I emailed sales guy who has been a man of few words and only speaks when spoken to, literally. HIs answer was that "It's produced and released from the Chicago Plant. There's nothing we can do about the COVP tag expiring. I'm sorry but that is a Ford Manufacturer rebate, we can't control their expiration dates."

This is NOT good...my husband is going into the dealership on Wednesday morning to service his work car. He's going to talk to the sales manager and I have a feeling we're going to be walking away from the whole thing. I have a feeling they're going to turn right into a typical car salesmen and not honor these incentives, just by a brief convo i had with the SM the other day. I guess it really is up to each dealership individually. I really hope they do right by the customers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hey folks,

So I am back, my dealer gave me a Bronco Sasquatch loaner, and getting another car/Jeep did not work out (dealer was playing games and trying to take a deposit without having any paperwork/kept switching me to V6's instead of Hemis that I kept asking for, honestly, dumbest experience that I never thought would be possible at a dealership with inventory stagnating on their lot). The credit app took a day, the salesperson took two weeks to fail to get me a sales contract.

I noticed this today when trying to login to check on my Explorer's status... anyone else getting this???

View attachment 19742
Hey Jerbroni. I got that message before sometimes, I actually think it's just an internet/server type situation. I would restart my browser and it would usually fix it. Not sure if it's the same for you, but hopefully that's all it is.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

When I spoke to my salesman a month ago he said I would be receiving the same COVP discount due to the price increase from when I ordered and now, basically. I asked him to print me the factory invoice and he also sent me this additional page that reflects the incentives and discounts for my order. I would ask your dealer for this paperwork and also ask if it's a hard end date, or if it's something that might basically renew again after 10/02. Seems odd that they would give you that COVP and then take it away as MORE time goes by, considering it basically seems like a reward for waiting in the first place. Just one more uncertainty, ugh.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My ST potentially sitting outside in the elements for months was part of my motivation to spend more money and buy the one I did right out of the factory. It's really a hard decision with many variables. I'm financing so in the end, I just decided to go with a truly fresh car and pay a little more. One of those nothing-is-perfect things, I guess but I chose to pay to have this all end on my terms. The last thing I wanted was to wait and wait... only to run into some surprises/shenanigans from my dealer when the time came to pick it up!

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Thank you
When I spoke to my salesman a month ago he said I would be receiving the same COVP discount due to the price increase from when I ordered and now, basically. I asked him to print me the factory invoice and he also sent me this additional page that reflects the incentives and discounts for my order. I would ask your dealer for this paperwork and also ask if it's a hard end date, or if it's something that might basically renew again after 10/02. Seems odd that they would give you that COVP and then take it away as MORE time goes by, considering it basically seems like a reward for waiting in the first place. Just one more uncertainty, ugh.
Thank you Midlife, this is very helpful. I think I’ll contact the Sales Manager before weeks end. He seemed to be more with it than the sales guy.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My ST potentially sitting outside in the elements for months was part of my motivation to spend more money and buy the one I did right out of the factory. It's really a hard decision with many variables. I'm financing so in the end, I just decided to go with a truly fresh car and pay a little more. One of those nothing-is-perfect things, I guess but I chose to pay to have this all end on my terms. The last thing I wanted was to wait and wait... only to run into some surprises/shenanigans from my dealer when the time came to pick it up!
Funny that you mention that, I was called by my dealer today and told that they have a black one that came in Friday, missing a few of my options (ie.ST Interior), but does not have the camera delete and seems to have been a purgatory unit that was fixed and shipped with 360. Going to check it out tomorrow, and if it has both diff bolts I will probably take it instead. Not a fan of black as it is a PITA to keep clean, but whatever at this point..

waiting

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My ETA just got pushed another 5 weeks. It was 9/28 and now they are saying 10/27 - 11/2.

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
My ETA just got pushed another 5 weeks. It was 9/28 and now they are saying 10/27 - 11/2.
That sucks. Sorry.

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
My Platinum also got moved to the 10/27 to 11/2 time period! Only way I knew, was that I called the Ford Chat line for an update.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
My King Ranch just changed too, 10-25 to 10-31.

Another thing that changed. When entering my VIN into the recall look up site, it comes up as "inoperative rear 360 degree camera with a blue screen". Before today, it came up no recalls. Some things must be happening in the system. Sad to see a delay with the COVP dates expiring 10-2. I have to think they would extend those at this point.

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Mustang GT
Mine was just moved to Oct 28th .. from Sept 14, wait 15, wait 17, wait 23, wait 25, wait ....28th.

The dealer said they have one expected next week .. different color, less options, camera delete .. and oh yeah they want almost $1000 more .... Ford is getting beyond ridiculous.

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
Mine was just moved to Oct 28th .. from Sept 14, wait 15, wait 17, wait 23, wait 25, wait ....28th.

The dealer said they have one expected next week .. different color, less options, camera delete .. and oh yeah they want almost $1000 more .... Ford is getting beyond ridiculous.
They're using lack of availability to raise prices. That sucks.

Reactions
Vehicle
Aviator
Look at this wonderful news I just received today!

Email from dealer:
I just received not good news. Your Aviator was flooded on the storage lot in Chicago. The vehicle cannot be delivered and we are not able to sell. Saying this is unfortunate would be an understatement. Just want you to know I understand the frustration.
With that being said my dealership has been getting Aviators in and are able to sell. We have one almost identical to what you ordered except the interior is Roast (see attached window sticker). Let me know if you would take this vehicle as it is in stock and available to sell...it's the closest option we have to your original order.

Unbelievable!

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer

Email from dealer:
I just received not good news. Your Aviator was flooded on the storage lot in Chicago. The vehicle cannot be delivered and we are not able to sell. Saying this is unfortunate would be an understatement. Just want you to know I understand the frustration.
With that being said my dealership has been getting Aviators in and are able to sell. We have one almost identical to what you ordered except the interior is Roast (see attached window sticker). Let me know if you would take this vehicle as it is in stock and available to sell...it's the closest option we have to your original order.

Unbelievable!
I hope my King Ranch was parked next to yours! LOL BTW, I almost went the Aviator route and love that roast interior!

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
My King Ranch just changed too, 10-25 to 10-31.

Another thing that changed. When entering my VIN into the recall look up site, it comes up as "inoperative rear 360 degree camera with a blue screen". Before today, it came up no recalls. Some things must be happening in the system. Sad to see a delay with the COVP dates expiring 10-2. I have to think they would extend those at this point.
Interestingly, running the VIN through the recall today came back clean. Perhaps they fixed it since yesterday? Hopefully that means they are starting to move em out.

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Mustang GT
And how

Email from dealer:

Unbelievable!
And how much more is it?

Reactions
Vehicle
Aviator
And how

And how much more is it?
The window sticker is the same as mine with the exception of interior color. So the same price. I did however ask what they would do to make up for the fact i waited 10 months only to find out my order wont be sold to me. They need to speak to their Lincoln rep about rebates.

I'm test driving the car tomorrow and will see if they have anything to say then.