Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FENG - Fake Engine Noise Generator DELETE

Reactions
The ENC does indeed work and is just a setting you can change in Forscan. I didn't like it though. Maybe if I was driving a smoother car with a more comfy interior, I might like it better. The effect was perceptible in an odd way. Very hard to describe other than a quiet noise. But the car was much much quieter.
Did you use the configuration options in ForScan or change it in the “as-built” section?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I can't find that ENC setting in Forscan but, while playing around with it I did find a way to add climate control to the touchscreen. It was in the APIM Module and was called Climate Domain. It is disabled so I enabled it to see what it did and I like it, it's more like earlier Fords although it doesn't put up a section like the old versions did.

Attachments

Reactions
I can't find that ENC setting in Forscan but, while playing around with it I did find a way to add climate control to the touchscreen. It was in the APIM Module and was called Climate Domain. It is disabled so I enabled it to see what it did and I like it, it's more like earlier Fords although it doesn't put up a section like the old versions did.
From what I gathered when I was trying to enable the noise stuff, you have to manually enable things which is why so many of us asked that other guy exactly what he did.........

Reactions
From what I gathered when I was trying to enable the noise stuff, you have to manually enable things which is why so many of us asked that other guy exactly what he did.........
Yeah, the whole idea, I thought, of this forum was to share ideas and experiences with other people. If someone asks me a question of how I did something I'll take the time to answer the question, not that I am a Forscan expert (this is the first time I've used it) or an expert mechanic. It bothers me when people won't take the time to answer something that a lot of people are asking. I'll keep looking at it and see if I can figure it out.

Reactions
The "EC" method worked fine for the double honk though. I tried both ways fort FENG and neither worked.
I just tried to do the same on my 21 built on 9/8/21, and got the same error when I tried to write the change.

Reactions
I just tried to do the same on my 21 built on 9/8/21, and got the same error when I tried to write the change.
Well it must be a '21 issue then.

Davedough

Reactions
Hey everyone, new to the forum and found it via a search for disabling the fake engine noise. My wife just bought a 21 ST and the sound is driving her crazy. Honestly, I think it sounds horrible too. I had a VW GTI that had something called a "Soundaktor" which you could simply unplug under the front cowl, but this car doesn't seem to have anything like that (or at least no one has found it).

So, I read through this thread and am a bit confused. If I buy the EX cable and subscribe to ForSCAN on the extended license, I should be able to hook up my laptop and POSSIBLY change the sound off? I'm seeing some people change the 4 to a 0 and it works, but others are saying its not working for the 21s? Before I start plunking down money, I just want to make sure this does, indeed, work on a 2021 ST.

Reactions
Hey everyone, new to the forum and found it via a search for disabling the fake engine noise. My wife just bought a 21 ST and the sound is driving her crazy. Honestly, I think it sounds horrible too. I had a VW GTI that had something called a "Soundaktor" which you could simply unplug under the front cowl, but this car doesn't seem to have anything like that (or at least no one has found it).

So, I read through this thread and am a bit confused. If I buy the EX cable and subscribe to ForSCAN on the extended license, I should be able to hook up my laptop and POSSIBLY change the sound off? I'm seeing some people change the 4 to a 0 and it works, but others are saying its not working for the 21s? Before I start plunking down money, I just want to make sure this does, indeed, work on a 2021 ST.
I have a '21 and was able to do it without issue. With the latest ForScan version, I'm seeing folks being able to do it using the simple configuration tool, instead of making changes to the as-built data.

BillBeau

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
I was playing around with forscan on my wife 21 Exp ST. I found software engine noise and disabled it. Is that the FENG?

Davedough

Reactions
So I just tried the Disable in ACM with the latest forscan software and it can’t write the changes. I tried to look in the As Built section and the numbers are different than earlier in this thread. Anyone have any tips for 21 owners that aren’t putting on another exhaust?

Davedough

Reactions
So I just tried the Disable in ACM with the latest forscan software and it can’t write the changes. I tried to look in the As Built section and the numbers are different than earlier in this thread. Anyone have any tips for 21 owners that aren’t putting on another exhaust?
Answered my own question.

In ACM, there's Enhanced Engine Noise or something like that. That's the one that gives the error. If you disable Software Enhanced Engine Noise a little further down, it works on a '21. Had I looked at the post about 2 up, I would have seen that. Just reposting for anyone else's benefit

Reactions
Answered my own question.

In ACM, there's Enhanced Engine Noise or something like that. That's the one that gives the error. If you disable Software Enhanced Engine Noise a little further down, it works on a '21. Had I looked at the post about 2 up, I would have seen that. Just reposting for anyone else's benefit
Hmm Im gonna give it another try. Did you notice anything change that you didnt expect?

Davedough

Reactions
Hmm Im gonna give it another try. Did you notice anything change that you didnt expect?
I do notice, as someone else posted earlier, that the proximity sensor beeps are a different tone now. They still work perfectly but they’re a higher pitch than before

Reactions
I do notice, as someone else posted earlier, that the proximity sensor beeps are a different tone now. They still work perfectly but they’re a higher pitch than before
I just disabled the engine noise and enabled the noise cancelling. When I took it for a test my sensor beeps changed but after 5 min they are back to normal.

Davedough

Reactions
I just disabled the engine noise and enabled the noise cancelling. When I took it for a test my sensor beeps changed but after 5 min they are back to normal.
Funny you mentioned that. After my car slept all night, they were normal this morning when my wife and I went out. I was going to say that here

Reactions
Funny you mentioned that. After my car slept all night, they were normal this morning when my wife and I went out. I was going to say that here
I think the computer needs some time to do it’s thing after certain changes.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Imagine having an engine issue while driving & the mechanic asks how it sounded... This software is the dumbest thing ever.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Imagine having an engine issue while driving & the mechanic asks how it sounded... This software is the dumbest thing ever.
It's worse than dumb IMO. Who in theiir right mind wants fake engine noise?????? I can't imagine anybody saying, yeah. It's INTERIOR noise too, WTF?