Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FENG - Fake Engine Noise Generator DELETE

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Yeah, it's not like you can close the window to make it quieter. I absolutely hate it. It needs a delete option without using Forscan.

Davedough

Reactions
Yeah, it's not like you can close the window to make it quieter. I absolutely hate it. It needs a delete option without using Forscan.
It's especially obnoxious because of how many gears the transmission has. Even if it was a good fake engine sound, when normal driving you get such a short acceleration curve that its like "brap..... braap.... braap..... braaaaaaap..... brap..... I'm so glad I was able to get it to go away.

Elroy

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
Can we change the sound that is being played? For example can I put a track of a flying car from the Jetsons in and have that play instead of the fake engine noise?

Reactions
Can we change the sound that is being played? For example can I put a track of a flying car from the Jetsons in and have that play instead of the fake engine noise?
Elroy….The Jetsons…okay, your first post. Ya, this is for real.

Taz

Reactions
I can't find that ENC setting in Forscan but, while playing around with it I did find a way to add climate control to the touchscreen. It was in the APIM Module and was called Climate Domain. It is disabled so I enabled it to see what it did and I like it, it's more like earlier Fords although it doesn't put up a section like the old versions did.
Sorry, I've been in and out from the forum for a while. My ST is an 8/19 buiild. In Forscan, the ENC was available in the "as built" lines. If I remember correctly, it was in the ACM section but i'm not 100% sure. I was just browsing and found it. For me, It was a simple enable or disable option. When I turned this feature on, it gave me the feeling of a silent wind buffeting like when the back window is down. I also noticed that it affected the audio system as well. To me, it seemed like the dynamics were trimmed top and bottom. I disliked it so much, I turned it off and turned FENG back on later that day.

Currently, the car's navigation, all audio, phone and modem are out for the second time. I have an appointment for Monday to have this repaired again. Seems the connectors for the modules corrode easily. I just had this repaired a month ago but it only lasted two weeks. Maybe, I'll change the connector pins to something gold plated or anything better than the crap they are using now.
When I get the car back, hopefully Monday, I'm going turn FENG back off. I'll take post photos of the screens and document the paths to get to the ENC.

Reactions
There are two settings for FENG, right? One refers to Software and the other Enhanced Engine Noise, I believe. I want it off and I did turn both options off but I swear I still here it; quieter though. Maybe it is engine noise I hear but it still sounds fake LOL! I think I’ll turn it back on and see what the difference is. One guy on here said he turned it off and could hear the turbos spool up. I’ve never once heard my turbos.

Reactions
There are two settings for FENG, right? One refers to Software and the other Enhanced Engine Noise, I believe. I want it off and I did turn both options off but I swear I still here it; quieter though. Maybe it is engine noise I hear but it still sounds fake LOL! I think I’ll turn it back on and see what the difference is. One guy on here said he turned it off and could hear the turbos spool up. I’ve never once heard my turbos.
I'm not sure about that. First,, I have a 2020 and, from what I am reading, it appears the 21 and later may be a little different, although it seems odd to me that Ford would change software settings on a model that didn't really receive any other changes. Below are the screen shots of how I disable the FENG.
View attachment 10504 View attachment 10504

Reactions
Sorry, I've been in and out from the forum for a while. My ST is an 8/19 buiild. In Forscan, the ENC was available in the "as built" lines. If I remember correctly, it was in the ACM section but i'm not 100% sure. I was just browsing and found it. For me, It was a simple enable or disable option. When I turned this feature on, it gave me the feeling of a silent wind buffeting like when the back window is down. I also noticed that it affected the audio system as well. To me, it seemed like the dynamics were trimmed top and bottom. I disliked it so much, I turned it off and turned FENG back on later that day.

Currently, the car's navigation, all audio, phone and modem are out for the second time. I have an appointment for Monday to have this repaired again. Seems the connectors for the modules corrode easily. I just had this repaired a month ago but it only lasted two weeks. Maybe, I'll change the connector pins to something gold plated or anything better than the crap they are using now.
When I get the car back, hopefully Monday, I'm going turn FENG back off. I'll take post photos of the screens and document the paths to get to the ENC.
You keep saying ENC but you mean ANC... and its confusing people.

It's in the Easy Config of ACM module. It's called Software Anti-Noise Control (ANC) you can enable it and also enable the ANC - Microphone 1, 2, & 3. So far so good if you like quiet its like active noise cancellation but doesn't block everything out.

Also I was able to disable Engine Sound Enhancement then after that wrote, I restarted the car, and I went back and disabled Software Engine Sound Enhancement. I'm not sure if I needed to do the second one but on my 2020 it had no issue disabling both.

Sounds like one or the other will do the trick if you can't get both disabled.

Taz

Reactions
You keep saying ENC but you mean ANC... and its confusing people.

It's in the Easy Config of ACM module. It's called Software Anti-Noise Control (ANC) you can enable it and also enable the ANC - Microphone 1, 2, & 3. So far so good if you like quiet its like active noise cancellation but doesn't block everything out.

Also I was able to disable Engine Sound Enhancement then after that wrote, I restarted the car, and I went back and disabled Software Engine Sound Enhancement. I'm not sure if I needed to do the second one but on my 2020 it had no issue disabling both.

Sounds like one or the other will do the trick if you can't get both disabled.
Yes, you are right, It was ANC. I did misstate that. I found that disabling the FENG was great but I did not like the effects of the active noise cancellation at all. There was something about it that bothered me very quickly. I love a quiet car but it seemed too unnatural in the cabin, especially with the audio but even with audio off. When the ANC was on, it seemed like the dynamics were chopped and choppy. I didn't see the option to turn on multiple microphones though. Maybe if I can find that, the effect will be better. Thanks for that. I'll look for the other microphones option. I was thinking it was just poorly implemented but maybe enabling the other microphones will balance out the effect better.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Does anyone know if there is a way to use my MPVI 2+ via bluetooth and Forscan Android software together instead of a laptop and cable?

Reactions
Well, it was my cable. I was able to access the ACM to disable the noise. So much better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
did you have the ELM37 cable by chance? I'm so frustrated not being able to access the ACM page

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I tried that today but I keep getting an error when trying to write it. "Service Procedure has been interrupted". Not sure what the issue is. Im running the latest Forscan version.
Tried last night to delete FENG in forscan (I am running the latest version and have OBX MX cable with updates) and got this same error
I found 2 separate headings in the ACM configuration for it one "Engine Noise Enhancement" and the other "Software Engine Noice Enhancement". Which one is it or do both have to be change?

Neither would on either of them in the Easy Config method. I did go into the "As Built" to check it out and seems Ford re-wrote the entry as the following instructions won't work because my code has the number 4 where the X is.
"Make a change the following "X" to "9" (should be the top line) if not 9 try 0.
727-01-01 3003 1XFE 1083"

Can I change the 4 to a 9 or 0?
Sorry for being such a newb!! I just don't want to F things up.

KWL2022ExpPlat

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
New member member here and I recently purchased a 2022 Ford Explorer Plarinum and this fake niose is aslo driving me nuts. It sounds more like a toy car. The only time I dont hear it is when stopping at a light and the motor shuts off. It is definatelly more noticable when starting off unless you really get into it. BUT, when I get into it, it sounds more like a motor should sound.

Anyway I got the adapter FORScan recomended and the 2 month free code. Unfortunatelly when I access FORScan and connect to my vehicle, I can access the ACM, but it only gives me options to access the code 727-01-01 with program codes and does not offer a disable/enable option. Does anyone know the program code to turn FENG off. My current code is 3003 14FE 1085.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated. OH and I agree with so many on here, Im a long time Ford man but for the life of me dont know why they did not make this a driver option that each owner could minipulate along other accesories.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Go into the easy configuration method and should have the enable/disable toggle links.
I was having issues with the "service procedure has been interrupted" but it must have taken at some point. Because my FENG is gone and it's so much better.

Reactions
New member member here and I recently purchased a 2022 Ford Explorer Plarinum and this fake niose is aslo driving me nuts. It sounds more like a toy car. The only time I dont hear it is when stopping at a light and the motor shuts off. It is definatelly more noticable when starting off unless you really get into it. BUT, when I get into it, it sounds more like a motor should sound.

Anyway I got the adapter FORScan recomended and the 2 month free code. Unfortunatelly when I access FORScan and connect to my vehicle, I can access the ACM, but it only gives me options to access the code 727-01-01 with program codes and does not offer a disable/enable option. Does anyone know the program code to turn FENG off. My current code is 3003 14FE 1085.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated. OH and I agree with so many on here, Im a long time Ford man but for the life of me dont know why they did not make this a driver option that each owner could minipulate along other accesories.
Change the sixth digit, 4 to a 0 then write.

3003 10FE 1085.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ve been wanting to do this but at the same time, I don’t notice it enough or it simply doesn’t bother me. Or maybe my axle back exhaust helps to drown it out. Idk.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I’ve been wanting to do this but at the same time, I don’t notice it enough or it simply doesn’t bother me. Or maybe my axle back exhaust helps to drown it out. Idk.
It kinda annoyed me at first, but now that I've gotten used to it, I don't really care any more.