Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FENG - Fake Engine Noise Generator DELETE

Reactions
I did the FENG delete this way. It's kind of nice to be able to hear the engine working now. Another month and I should have my Thermal exhaust so that will change things for sure.
I tried that today but I keep getting an error when trying to write it. "Service Procedure has been interrupted". Not sure what the issue is. Im running the latest Forscan version.

Reactions
I tried that today but I keep getting an error when trying to write it. "Service Procedure has been interrupted". Not sure what the issue is. Im running the latest Forscan version.
I wish I could help you but this is the first time I've ever used Forscan and I considered myself lucky that I found that and it worked. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you. It sounds like you're maybe getting disconnected or something if the procedure is being "interrupted".

Reactions
I wish I could help you but this is the first time I've ever used Forscan and I considered myself lucky that I found that and it worked. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you. It sounds like you're maybe getting disconnected or something if the procedure is being "interrupted".
Thanks. Yea Im thinking it might be the cable Im using. Im going to try another one and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions
I’ve used Forscan for a few things and it’s worked well. I want to shut off FENG too so my question is, did it alter anything else when you changed it or did it just turn off FENG and that’s it? The reason I ask is because before, Forscan had no way of turning it off without something else being changed too.

Reactions
I tried again with a different cable and same result. Not sure what the problem is.

Reactions
I tried again with a different cable and same result. Not sure what the problem is.
Are you tuned? If so what device do you use for that. I'm running into the same problem as you now that I changed to an HP Tuners device. I haven't tried reverting to stock yet and then making the change to see if that makes a difference.

Reactions
Are you tuned? If so what device do you use for that. I'm running into the same problem as you now that I changed to an HP Tuners device. I haven't tried reverting to stock yet and then making the change to see if that makes a difference.
Not tuned. Completely stock.

Reactions
well there goes that theory I had!
It was a good idea lol. It's really strange. I can change other stuff fine. Maybe its something with the 2021's. At least I got rid of that annoying double honk.

Reactions
It was a good idea lol. It's really strange. I can change other stuff fine. Maybe its something with the 2021's. At least I got rid of that annoying double honk.
I'm wondering if maybe it's the 2021 as well for the "easy change" method

Reactions
I'm wondering if maybe it's the 2021 as well for the "easy change" method
The "EC" method worked fine for the double honk though. I tried both ways fort FENG and neither worked.

Reactions
I’ve used Forscan for a few things and it’s worked well. I want to shut off FENG too so my question is, did it alter anything else when you changed it or did it just turn off FENG and that’s it? The reason I ask is because before, Forscan had no way of turning it off without something else being changed too.
If it changed anything else it’s so minor that I haven’t noticed it. The radio sounds the same, I haven’t noticed any change in chimes but I pretty much tune those out anyway so I probably wouldn’t pick up on that. Mine is a 20 so I guess it’s possible they changed something for 21’s.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Well I just did this. I returned the car to the stock tune. Used Forscan to turn on the software active noise cancellation and the ACN microphones 1,2 & 3 and changed the country code to WS! Then reloaded the PBD tune. The tune write succeeded but the data integrity check failed. I took the car on a short test drive and it works great. It doesn't skip gears so I take that as it's working.
did we ever get confirmation from @simes007us , @Taz , @FORZDA3 , @boiler662 or anyone else what the forscan settings were to enable active noise cancellation? a few people mention it but nobody has posted yet how to do it. its only advertised as an option in the hybrid limited, but if it is simply a setting away in the ST, that is a real scummy move by Ford. @patricklb1 did you get it working?

has anyone tried it? does it actually work?

Taz

Reactions
What ever happened with this? I don't see a follow up post where you turned FENG off and ENC on.
I ended up turning the FENG back on and ENC off. It was just eerily quiet, and in a strange way. It just didn't sound natural to me so I went back to stock.

Taz

Reactions
did we ever get confirmation from @simes007us , @Taz , @FORZDA3 , @boiler662 or anyone else what the forscan settings were to enable active noise cancellation? a few people mention it but nobody has posted yet how to do it. its only advertised as an option in the hybrid limited, but if it is simply a setting away in the ST, that is a real scummy move by Ford. @patricklb1 did you get it working?

has anyone tried it? does it actually work?
The ENC does indeed work and is just a setting you can change in Forscan. I didn't like it though. Maybe if I was driving a smoother car with a more comfy interior, I might like it better. The effect was perceptible in an odd way. Very hard to describe other than a quiet noise. But the car was much much quieter.

Reactions
The ENC does indeed work and is just a setting you can change in Forscan. I didn't like it though. Maybe if I was driving a smoother car with a more comfy interior, I might like it better. The effect was perceptible in an odd way. Very hard to describe other than a quiet noise. But the car was much much quieter.
Which settings did you turn on exactly?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I'd be willing to give it a try. Do you remember the Forscan setting?

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #120
As erie as a super quiet car sounds, it would have been great to have made a button to activate at ones leisure... Instead of forscan.

Imagine...
Driving, baby just feel asleep... BUTTON
Headache show up...BUTTON
Car next to you blasting music...BUTTON

Ford dropped a gem of an idea