Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer deleting second row climate controls

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The more I keep hearing horror stories, the more I think I got incredibly lucky. 12/28 ordered, 3/7 delivered complete.

Hope they get their supply chain squared away for those of you waiting. On the plus side it is a pretty darn nice vehicle IMO.

Reactions
Yikes, my '22 is supposed to arrive next week. Nothing about this was disclosed to me.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
Yikes, my '22 is supposed to arrive next week. Nothing about this was disclosed to me.
let us know how it goes when you take delivery, just placed an order 2/19, this is the first im hearing of this

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Im guessing you ordered before these changes were made. I would think you’d be okay.

Reactions
It is supposed to arrive at the dealer tomorrow and be ready to go on Tuesday. I'll report back.

Reactions
I haven't decided whether to pull the trigger on it but it does still have the rear climate control and heated rear seats. Build date is 02/22.

It does not have the middle seat floor console , the easy entry middle seats are not electric like the 2020 and a few other small differences like no roof rails but I see they are an option now. They now have vinyl on the back of the front seats where there used to be a hard plastic that got scuffed if you have kids that kick at your seatbacks. The fit & finish on this one is no better than my 2020, and might even have more small defects. One side of the capping where the roof rail should be will need to be fixed before I take delivery. Otherwise it feels identical.

Reactions
Decided against the Rapid Red and bought a Forged Green one instead. Fit & finish on this one looks better, less loose threads and ill-fitting pieces. PXL_20220401_180317974.jpg

Reactions
This happened to me on my 4/14 delivered ST. I was told that it will all be installed way down the road.

The window sticker reads:

2ND ROW HTD STS CNTRLS CREDIT -100
REAR AUXILIARY CNTRLS CREDIT -50

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST (Ordered)
I just ordered a 2023 ST and the dealer told us the parts would be installed once they get in. Supposed to get an e-mail once the parts are available to have them installed. Guess we will see.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST

swkim722

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
whats weird is they are stating that they will replace the rear controls on deliveries that didnt come with them but you can currently order them online from Ford Parts distributors...soooo why not start installing them for folks?

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__/HVAC-Temperature-Control-Panel/98528526/LB5Z19980G.html
LB5Z.png

I was told by a local Ford dealer parts department that it's on a national back order with no ETA.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Monarch Ford in Exeter, CA had 7 as of this last Monday.
this is why i dont know why they are not installing them into our explorers since they have them in stock.

swkim722

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
this is why i dont know why they are not installing them into our explorers since they have them in stock.
Lol. Bro, they don't. Some dealer here and there might have a few in stock, but it's officially on backorder. Monarch Ford now has 0 and says it's on backorder.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
If I were to venture a guess, it's likely because they are producing more Explorers than they can get these units. In talking with the parts guys, they ordered 8 when there heard there'd be a shortage. I don't think many are actively looking for this part.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST (Ordered)
The dealer also told me that the Aviators are getting them because they are Lincoln (upscale brand) so due to the limited number they took precedence.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
So I found out today that the manufacture is replacing them as though they are a warranty repair. So each unit will show up that has to be attached to a VIN and not just grab from their inventory.

RTM

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Have there been any updates on this? I bought my ST in May. I've heard nada from the dealer....

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Mine just came in, so im going to install it this afternoon. they did ask me for my VIN in order for me to purchase it but I was able to do so. so it seems as though it is not limited to a first come first serve thing here. I purchased mine from Folsom Lake Ford and talked to Tom if you want to try to see about getting yours and see if they will ship.