Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Buyback Data

Due to unresolvable issues with your ST, do you need a buyback from Ford?

• Total voters

hbalek

Reactions
My 2020 has been in the shop for about 3-4 weeks or coming up on it. I requested a buyback. Breaking point is when the AWD was going in and out on the freeway. I’m really hoping Ford approves it this week and I can move on. This is my fourth Ford and first with an issue. From what I have read the ones made in Chicago are the problem child’s. Mine was built in 2019 so from the problematic era. I’m hoping they payoff my loan and pay back my loan payments like others have received. Eventually I will come back to Ford and still have my wife’s fusion energi
What was your build date and mileage now?

Reactions
I think build date was sometime 9/2019 or earlier. Have 12k auto hold fault started when I first got the car and I should have taken it in then.

Reactions
My 2020 has been in the shop for about 3-4 weeks or coming up on it. I requested a buyback. Breaking point is when the AWD was going in and out on the freeway. I’m really hoping Ford approves it this week and I can move on. This is my fourth Ford and first with an issue. From what I have read the ones made in Chicago are the problem child’s. Mine was built in 2019 so from the problematic era. I’m hoping they payoff my loan and pay back my loan payments like others have received. Eventually I will come back to Ford and still have my wife’s fusion energi
All the best with your buyback process

Reactions
Little different story. I bought a 2020 with 9k miles. Had a problem with the instrument cluster. Took a week to fix. During that time I discussed buying a new 2021 instead. I would have been happy with either. The dealer gave me $1k more than I bought the 2020 for in trade in. And I got a $1250 rebate and 500 first responder rebate. 0.9% financing for 48mo.

Reactions
They’re gonna have to give me much more than that to buy a Ford again, my wife is pissed. We’ve been given a shitty loaner that she won’t touch. They’re going over details with the service manager and California lemon laws, just gonna take my money and buy a RDX.
I have a very good lemon law attorney in CA if you need referral.

Reactions
Ford denied my request. Hasn’t been in the shop long enough yet. About 7-8 days short now. Didnt seem concerned with the fact that the AWD was going in and out while on the freeway or other safety close calls I have had from this whole thing. I’m hoping it’s in the shop for another week or two and it gets bought back and I can move on from Ford. Wife’s Fusion Energi is acting glitchy now too. Randomly stalls and was rolling down the driveway over the weekend

Reactions
Ford denied my request. Hasn’t been in the shop long enough yet. About 7-8 days short now. Didnt seem concerned with the fact that the AWD was going in and out while on the freeway or other safety close calls I have had from this whole thing. I’m hoping it’s in the shop for another week or two and it gets bought back and I can move on from Ford. Wife’s Fusion Energi is acting glitchy now too. Randomly stalls and was rolling down the driveway over the weekend
Rolling down the driveway while in Park?

Reactions
Ford treated my motor mount issue the same way. When I asked for the buy back they informed me that since the vehicle was close to repair they denied my request. Took them almost four weeks to complete the repair. They didn't seem to care about the safety concerns. Kept informing me that is what the manufacture warranty is there for. Sorry to hear that you are having issues, I am glad to have my explorer back but it still left a sour taste in my mouth from Ford the company.

Reactions
Anyone know of a good Ford dealership in eastern Iowa? I bought my ST December 28th in East Moline and I definitely won’t be back for service or sales.

Reactions
An update on my case. Ford called yesterday since the dealer hasn’t updated anything. It’s now last 30 days since I dropped it off. They want me to email documents in order to have the request reviewed again. They claimed that they only count consecutive days but CA law says the previous time it was in the shop does count so we are closer to 40 days. May have to get a lemon law lawyer at this time.

Reactions
An update on my case. Ford called yesterday since the dealer hasn’t updated anything. It’s now last 30 days since I dropped it off. They want me to email documents in order to have the request reviewed again. They claimed that they only count consecutive days but CA law says the previous time it was in the shop does count so we are closer to 40 days. May have to get a lemon law lawyer at this time.
I have an excellent one if you need one.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
maybe the law is different in VA, but you bring it back 3x for same issue and you can hand them the keys (basically) .There are some steps to follow but they are pretty straightforward. I had to do this with a MB I bought a few years ago..

Reactions
Talked to a lawyer who said since it’s been over 30 days and still won’t be down for a few more weeks that it’s a simple case. How long has it taken for those who have gone this route for Ford to agree to terms?

Reactions
Just turned my ST into the dealer and signed the buyback documents. It spent over 60 days straight at the shop. I like the car but with all the faults I couldn’t ignore it. Going back to a truck again. Looked at the new f150s but seeing issues with those now too. Looking at rams but man their gas efficiency sucks. Might wait for the f150 tremor or raptor to come out

MrHoward

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Hello all. Is there any place I can find out just how many 2020 buyback STs there were so far?

Spectrepilot

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Can anyone share how you started the buy back process? who did you contact...through your dealer?

Thanks!

Jose-CR87

Reactions
can anyone update on details about repurchasing the ford. because after waiting 5 moth from the dealer going back and forth i decided to do a claim and my ford was accepted for buyback

options available:
2) Replacement Option (REFINANCE) – Which allows you to choose a new FORD vehicle instead of receiving the check. With this option you would be responsible for refinancing the payoff on your current vehicle ($37,714.19) plus any upgrade costs (difference in MSRPs Current MSRP: $53,515.00) plus your usage ($1,712.12) in order to receive this new vehicle.
3) Replacement Option (SOC)– Which allows you to choose a new FORD Vehicle instead of receiving the check. With this option you would be responsible for any upgrade costs (difference in MSRPs Current MSRP: $53,515.00) plus your usage ($1,712.12) out-of-pocket, but the rest of your loan/lease (interest rate, due date, payment amount) stays exactly the same; in order to receive this new Vehicle.

Base Price: $39,995.00
Sales Tax: $2,279.21
Registration/License/Title Fees: $275.00
Conveyance Fee: $599.00
Paid Finance Charges: $280.37
Trade In Fees: $100.00
Less Usage (5,137 miles/120,000*$39,995.00 ): $1,712.12
Less Payoff of Original Vehicle (good through 12/31/2021 ): $37,714.19
Total Amount Due To Customer: $8,894.09 is not including my down payment in the process of arguing y is not included
Total Repurchase Amount: $46,691.68

Did anyone get their down payment back?
also i am getting charge the difference if the vehicle was lease from finance did anyone get this charge?

Reactions
can anyone update on details about repurchasing the ford. because after waiting 5 moth from the dealer going back and forth i decided to do a claim and my ford was accepted for buyback

options available:
2) Replacement Option (REFINANCE) – Which allows you to choose a new FORD vehicle instead of receiving the check. With this option you would be responsible for refinancing the payoff on your current vehicle ($37,714.19) plus any upgrade costs (difference in MSRPs Current MSRP: $53,515.00) plus your usage ($1,712.12) in order to receive this new vehicle.
3) Replacement Option (SOC)– Which allows you to choose a new FORD Vehicle instead of receiving the check. With this option you would be responsible for any upgrade costs (difference in MSRPs Current MSRP: $53,515.00) plus your usage ($1,712.12) out-of-pocket, but the rest of your loan/lease (interest rate, due date, payment amount) stays exactly the same; in order to receive this new Vehicle.

Base Price: $39,995.00
Sales Tax: $2,279.21
Registration/License/Title Fees: $275.00
Conveyance Fee: $599.00
Paid Finance Charges: $280.37
Trade In Fees: $100.00
Less Usage (5,137 miles/120,000*$39,995.00 ): $1,712.12
Less Payoff of Original Vehicle (good through 12/31/2021 ): $37,714.19
Total Amount Due To Customer: $8,894.09 is not including my down payment in the process of arguing y is not included
Total Repurchase Amount: $46,691.68

Did anyone get their down payment back?
also i am getting charge the difference if the vehicle was lease from finance did anyone get this charge?
What State are you in?