Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best tune for 2020 Ford Explorer ST

Reactions
Nice of all of you to go out of your way to help this guy buy a tune that could jeopardize @ZFGracing's business. He lost me at the $10 extra shipping fee. How do you know he's not someone with CARB?
Lmao

Reactions
So what if he is. CA can suck balls, if they try to come after me for pointing him to amazon, I'll tell them to F*** off.

And to protect himself and ZFG, he can just use a friends address out of state. The tune gets sent to an email anyway so there is no way to truly know where it actually went.
100% agree. Plus I'm sure CARB has bigger fish to fry. I.E. Volkswagen diesel gate scam, dirty smog shops, etc.... not to mention the endless platform of other tuner vehicles out there.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Y'all are pretty cavalier about putting someone's business at risk. There is a reason ZFG and other tuners don't do business in Cali. Flame me if you want, but the real answer is that no one is going to put their business on the line for a couple hundred bucks in a state where it's not allowed. I know most of you are just trying to do a new member a favor, but hear me out, please.

The proper response to @Blue_Beast is to contact Adam at ZFG and let him decide whether he will give him a tune. Not suggest ways to circumvent his business practices. After all, here is a guy who has a handful of posts on this site, what do you know about him?

It doesn't pass the sniff test with me.

Reactions
Y'all are pretty cavalier about putting someone's business at risk. There is a reason ZFG and other tuners don't do business in Cali. Flame me if you want, but the real answer is that no one is going to put their business on the line for a couple hundred bucks in a state where it's not allowed. I know most of you are just trying to do a new member a favor, but hear me out, please.

The proper response to @Blue_Beast is to contact Adam at ZFG and let him decide whether he will give him a tune. Not suggest ways to circumvent his business practices. After all, here is a guy who has a handful of posts on this site, what do you know about him?

It doesn't pass the sniff test with me.

I assure you that I am NOT affiliated with CARB or any regulatory agencies and I personally believe you are just over reacting. If you must know, I actually work in healthcare and have other vehicles that are tuned and modified as well. Again, I am sure there are bigger fish to fry.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I assure you that I am NOT affiliated with CARB or any regulatory agencies and I personally believe you are just over reacting. If you must know, I actually work in healthcare and have other vehicles that are tuned and modified as well. Again, I am sure there are bigger fish to fry.
It's not about you, or your resume. I'm just posting that putting someone's business at risk is not something to which I will agree. Like I said earlier, if ZFG will give you a tune, that's his business, not mine, and I'll STFU.

As far as "over reacting"- I get it, but you choose to live in a state that has certain laws. You've demonstrated that you're willing to circumvent those laws. So how does anyone on this platform know that you're not just some activist/provacateur looking to ambush someone?

You get to express your opinion. So do I.

Last edited:
Reactions
It's not about you, or your resume. I'm just posting that putting someone's business at risk is not something to which I will agree. Like I said earlier, if ZFG will give you a tune, that's his business, not mine, and I'll STFU.

As far as "over reacting"- I get it, but you live in a state that has certain laws. You've demonstrated that you're willing to circumvent those laws. So how does anyone on this platform know that you're not just some activist/provacateur looking to ambush someone?

You get to express your opinion. So do I.

Since I've demonstrated that I'm willing to circumvent California's silly laws, isn't that proof enough that I don't work for CARB? LOL if I was trying to "ambush" tuners, I would try to catch them in the act red-handed breaking the law knowingly, not trying to figure out ways how to circumvent paying for shipping twice! Lmao anyways, I digress. This is turning into something it's not and getting off topic. Thank you to everyone who chimed in, I appreciate everyone's input.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Since I've demonstrated that I'm willing to circumvent California's silly laws, isn't that proof enough that I don't work for CARB? LOL if I was trying to "ambush" tuners, I would try to catch them in the act red-handed breaking the law knowingly, not trying to figure out ways how to circumvent paying for shipping twice! Lmao anyways, I digress. This is turning into something it's not and getting off topic. Thank you to everyone who chimed in, I appreciate everyone's input.
It’s not about you no matter how much you try. The most fucked up people on the planet live in California and a few others in the north and east. Just remember that.

Reactions
It’s not about you no matter how much you try. The most fucked up people on the planet live in California and a few others in the north and east. Just remember that.
You say it's not about me but yet you keep saying things like I don't pass your sniff test and no one knows who I am or that I may be trying to "ambush" tuners (Adam/ZFG). That's sounds like you're making it about me... again, I digress as it's irrelevant at this point.

Also, trust me, I never said I was proud of California either and I actually agree with your statement about California as ironic as that sounds. I don't like California or their silly laws either but there's no need to get political here, again let's not stray away from the topic of this thread.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You say it's not about me but yet you keep saying things like I don't pass your sniff test and no one knows who I am or that I may be trying to "ambush" tuners (Adam/ZFG). That's sounds like you're making it about me... again, I digress as it's irrelevant at this point.

Also, trust me, I never said I was proud of California either and I actually agree with your statement about California as ironic as that sounds. I don't like California or their silly laws either but there's no need to get political here, again let's not stray away from the topic of this thread.
Despite what you might think, this is a site that tries to help people. So here's my suggestion. You can get a CARB certified solution for tuning. Check out this link.

https://www.steeda.com/whipple-explorer-st-stage-1-package

Reactions
Reactions
It's not you who would be in jeopardy.
TMac is right, some tuners on this site are small businesses just trying to provide a good product. Exactly the type CARB goes after.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Livernois just released Beta tune with multi tune changes on the fly using what I think is their own proprietary control unit combined with steering wheel button sequence, any initial thoughts. Who’s gonna be the first to go?

I like the idea of some AO tunes discussed on here but I am a bit concerned with the work/process of pulling baseline and doing data logging. This is my daily family hauler.

There Is a local shop which said they would be happy to do the intercooler and custom tune. Just not sure they have the library of data some others have and will mod the shift/trans maps etc.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Reactions
Livernois just released Beta tune with multi tune changes on the fly using what I think is their own proprietary control unit combined with steering wheel button sequence, any initial thoughts. Who’s gonna be the first to go?

I like the idea of some AO tunes discussed on here but I am a bit concerned with the work/process of pulling baseline and doing data logging. This is my daily family hauler.

There Is a local shop which said they would be happy to do the intercooler and custom tune. Just not sure they have the library of data some others have and will mod the shift/trans maps etc.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Just get a Gearhead AO tune then. You can log it if you want, but it’s pretty set up right out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Shift on the Fly is coming soon from just about everyone…and it won’t be proprietary to Livernois.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Shift on the Fly is coming soon from just about everyone…and it won’t be proprietary to Livernois.
When you post "Shift on the Fly" does this mean changes in Tunes (91, 93, E50, etc.) on the fly like the VAG tuners can do?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
When you post "Shift on the Fly" does this mean changes in Tunes (91, 93, E50, etc.) on the fly like the VAG tuners can do?
That’s the word on the street. Adam has been messing with it too…he said it’s looking really good. Don’t quote me on it but I think it’s the stuff from pcmtec.com

Last edited:

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Reactions
What tuner wants to offer a burble / popcorn tune option? We can use my car for testing since everyone else is a whiny bitch about some pops and crackles now that we have the ability to switch maps on the fly. DM me.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
What tuner wants to offer a burble / popcorn tune option? We can use my car for testing since everyone else is a whiny bitch about some pops and crackles now that we have the ability to switch maps on the fly. DM me.
Yea you’re not gonna get a DM from anyone worth tuning your car. Hit up SSI…I’m sure that idiot will give you burbles and pops to go along with your blown engine.

Reactions
Ortiz tuning would do it I'm sure. You couldn't pay me enough money to put one of their tunes on my vehicle, so don't take this as me endorsing their abilities in any way shape or form, but I bet they'd do it if you contact them.