Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best tune for 2020 Ford Explorer ST

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
You're ready to drop 1K on a device and tune and you're worried about an extra 10 bucks in shipping? Seriously, if you have it sent to an address out of state then ZFG will have that address on file and the tune itself gets sent to an email address. It's not like it gets put on a thumb drive and sent to you via snail mail. Or just take a drive to summit racing in Reno and buy one there.

Last edited:
Reactions
Of course there are…but they’re using the work arounds and keeping their mouths shut about the address part because if you blast it out there and Adam knows he’s not gonna risk his business to sell you a tune. He spent way too much money and time getting his tunes EPA approved to burn it all over a couple hundred bucks. Just play the game and I’m sure you’ll be fine.

That's the plan!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I imagine anyone in here would mail the thing to you, if you asked.

Reactions
You're ready to drop 1K on a device and tune and you're worried about an extra 10 bucks in shipping? Seriously, if you have it sent to an address out of state then ZFG will that address on file and the tune itself gets sent to an email address. It's not like it gets put on a thumb drive and sent to you via snail mail. Or just take a drive to summit racing in Reno and buy one there.
Not sure if you understood my point about not paying for shipping twice if I don't have to. I said it's not a big deal and was just wondering if there were any other work around, that's all. Just seeing what other options are out there. Chill bro...

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
As Unbroken said, don't mention where you actually are and you'll be fine.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I bought mine from amazon, they still sell them. Have you tried that option? IDK if they will ship it too you because of where you are tho. It's worth looking into.

Reactions
I didn't realize that was even an option. Lol thank you, I hope it's not the same situation. I imagine as long as I have the hp tuner hardware. I can always purchase the credits and tune from ZFG?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I doubt amazon gives a damn about cali's stupid archaic rules.

Reactions
Yeah, I just looked to see if the still had them, and they are cheaper than ZFG.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Tuners-In...fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685&th=1
Nice find!!! There are even 4 credits too! The credits say they are "universal". I take it that means it should work with any manufacturer right? I.E. Ford, GM, etc.... they will even ship to my address! Lol ok, so I should be all set up with this purchase with the 4 "universal" credits then I just need to hit up Adam from ZFG for the tune right?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
The credits are cheaper straight from HP tuners, they only charge 49.99 each. Amazon is charging you 220 for four or 55 each.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Once you get the device, hit up adam for the tune because he will need the stock tune file from your vehicle to build the custom tune on. you can buy the credits anytime. It only takes seconds to buy them from hp and then you can load the tune.

Still 49.99 https://www.hptuners.com/products/#credits

Reactions
Once you get the device, hit up adam for the tune because he will need the stock tune file from your vehicle to build the custom tune on. you can buy the credits anytime. It only takes seconds to buy them from hp and then you can load the tune.

Perfect, this was exactly what I was looking for!!! Hopefully in the future if anyone else from CA wants to know the work around, they will find this info. I just placed the order on Amazon!!! It was cheaper too!!! Thank you all for the help.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
If you think about it, amazon sells so much crap world wide, I doubt they even know what you bought even does, let alone the CA restrictions on it. But a speed shop like summit or a tuner like ZFG does and they wont risk the wrath of CA to ship the device to you.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Nice of all of you to go out of your way to help this guy buy a tune that could jeopardize @ZFGracing's business. He lost me at the $10 extra shipping fee. How do you know he's not someone with CARB?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Nice of all of you to go out of your way to help this guy buy a tune that could jeopardize @ZFGracing's business. He lost me at the $10 extra shipping fee. How do you know he's not someone with CARB?
So what if he is. CA can suck balls, if they try to come after me for pointing him to amazon, I'll tell them to F*** off.

And to protect himself and ZFG, he can just use a friends address out of state. The tune gets sent to an email anyway so there is no way to truly know where it actually went.