Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Any 2022's Autostop Eliminated and/or FORScan'd yet

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
In the DDM Module. Then look for an item labeled Stop Start

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Check out the previous post #76 in this thread.

Reactions
In the DDM Module. Then look for an item labeled Stop Start
How does it work? Does the switch retain its memory like the auto start/stop eliminator makes it do?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
No. It shuts it off permanently unless you go back in with forscan and enable it.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Kind of off topic but is it possible to change the startup screen to match the shut down screen? Start up only says Ford Perfomance. Shut down has the ST logo above Ford performance. I want them both to show the ST logo. I found the screen settings in Forscan but it doesnt seem to allow me to change just the start up.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just curious, why the strong dislike for it? It’s a common feeling just wondering.
I have it disabled on my 2017 RS and one of the main reasons I will be doing it on the 2022 EX-ST for me is this....

First: It's a total gimmick used to pass EPA standards.

Second: It is not good for the longevity of parts.

Third: Imagine this scenario. Let's say you are driving heavy footed, you're in sport mode and your turbos are spooling, a lot.
Now you come to a red light and you stop, your engine shuts off because of auto start/stop, all your major electronics also shut off except for the basic parts.
Effectively what is happening right now is that you are no longer cooling your turbos, they are sitting there hot and everything else around them is hot as well.
If you do this a lot, you can damage your turbos.
(This is under the assumption that the turbo functions the same way as in the 2017 RS)

Reactions
its also dangerous, that second eating to retart could get you hit by another car and killed, its crap

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Amazing...had my adapter sitting around for the last week. No clue why I waited so long. First time ever using Forescan and got this done in no problem! Auto Shutoff disabled, hyper flash after new LED rear turn signals installed...what else can I do, lol!

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have it disabled on my 2017 RS and one of the main reasons I will be doing it on the 2022 EX-ST for me is this....

First: It's a total gimmick used to pass EPA standards.

Second: It is not good for the longevity of parts.

Third: Imagine this scenario. Let's say you are driving heavy footed, you're in sport mode and your turbos are spooling, a lot.
Now you come to a red light and you stop, your engine shuts off because of auto start/stop, all your major electronics also shut off except for the basic parts.
Effectively what is happening right now is that you are no longer cooling your turbos, they are sitting there hot and everything else around them is hot as well.
If you do this a lot, you can damage your turbos.
(This is under the assumption that the turbo functions the same way as in the 2017 RS)
I retired as Captain of a passenger ship powered by a pair of 16 cylinder turbocharged diesels. If I ever shut them down before letting them cool off my Chief Engineer would have been in the wheelhouse screaming at me.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Ok...so am I missing something? I was able to turn off the hyper flash no problem, and I disabled the auto shut off...but this morning as I pulled out of my garage and came to first stop sign...it shut off. Anyone have more experience with this to confirm the process? Should I just change the line code?

Reactions
Ok...so am I missing something? I was able to turn off the hyper flash no problem, and I disabled the auto shut off...but this morning as I pulled out of my garage and came to first stop sign...it shut off. Anyone have more experience with this to confirm the process? Should I just change the line code?
We tried it and it worked for a bit, but it's a multi option process that we haven't narrowed down yet.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Damn really? So the eliminator switch/module thats installed under the steering column is the only thing that works right away huh? Thought it would so simple lol...

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I also tried eliminating it through Forscan but it would not take.

Reactions
Forescan will only disable auto start for one ignition cycle, just as if you turned it off at the switch. The auto start/stop eliminator is the only way to permanently disable it other than a tune.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Damn really? So the eliminator switch/module thats installed under the steering column is the only thing that works right away huh? Thought it would so simple lol...
Installing the Autostop Eliminator only takes a few minutes, hardly much more time than to boot up a laptop, plug it in, and run a program to change things.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Installing the Autostop Eliminator only takes a few minutes, hardly much more time than to boot up a laptop, plug it in, and run a program to change things.
Concur, super easy to install. Would rather save the Benjamin though.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Thats a bummer. I mean I needed the OBDII adapter for the led lights so just thought I caught a break being able to get multiple things done at once. Well who doesn't like ordering stuff for the vehicle lol...

rsg999

Reactions
So what exactly is the start/stop switch eliminator doing? Why can't the programming be duplicated with Forscan?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So what exactly is the start/stop switch eliminator doing? Why can't the programming be duplicated with Forscan?
I believe it just turns it off as if you were pressing the button assuming you left it in the off position. I could change it but the update gave an error. Others have changed it only to have it come back. I'm guess it is forced back on for mpg ratings even if you turn it off. I believe turning it off in the tune is permanent but wouldn't bet my first born on that.

The autostop eliminator haw worked flawlessly since I installed it.