Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Any 2022's Autostop Eliminated and/or FORScan'd yet

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yeah that error code comes up for me as well. But my device is able to read all the modules just fine.
Just removed FENG today without issue.
Im getting the same error code when trying to turn off ASS. It get to about 43% and error out.

Turn on:
BCM : Fog Light with High Beam.
ACM : Enable HD radio.

Turn off:
ACM : FENG

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Im getting the same error code when trying to turn off ASS. It get to about 43% and error out.

Turn on:
BCM : Fog Light with High Beam.
ACM : Enable HD radio.

Turn off:
ACM : FENG
Oooh didn't know you had to turn on HD Radio, will do that as well.

Where are you trying to turn it off?

I turned if off in BdyCM by first disabling BMS, and then Turned off BMS / Start Stop, I don't think it works otherwise.
If you only set BMS/ Start Stop to disabled you will get charging system warnings on your dash.
I still have to extensively test it but on first impressions the engine stays on, when I come to a stop I get the A icon and it's crossed out all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Oooh didn't know you had to turn on HD Radio, will do that as well.

Where are you trying to turn it off?

I turned if off in BdyCAM by first disabling BMS, and then Turned off BMS / Start Stop, I don't think it works otherwise.
If you only set BMS/ Start Stop to disabled you will get charging system warnings on your dash.
I still have to extensively test it but on first impressions the engine stays on, when I come to a stop I get the A icon and it's crossed out all the time.
I thought the Auto Start Stop was under DDM : Stop Start : Disabled, But I get an error when saving the program.

I'll check under the BdyCAM tomorrow.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I thought the Auto Start Stop was under DDM : Stop Start : Disabled, But I get an error when saving the program.

I'll check under the BdyCAM tomorrow.
Well it's apparently in several spots on the Explorer and none of them work.

On my 2017 Focus RS it lives in BdyCM or something like that, at least that's the area where it actually takes hold, the other spots on the RS like the Explorer changing them does nothing. So I looked for start stop in the same spot on the Explorer I figured the engineers wouldn't deviate far from that. I also know that unplugging the BMS plug from the battery disables the ASS. So it makes sense that disabling BMS and BMS Start / Stop would do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions
There’s only one guy that I know of on here that says it actually works when turned off with FS. Everyone else says that it only works with one ignition cycle, which is my experience too. I have the Auto Start Stop Eliminator and I actually prefer it over disabling it permanently anyway. Say a drawbridge opens or you’re in line at a fast food place. It’s a nice feature to have for that.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
There’s only one guy that I know of on here that says it actually works when turned off with FS. Everyone else says that it only works with one ignition cycle, which is my experience too. I have the Auto Start Stop Eliminator and I actually prefer it over disabling it permanently anyway. Say a drawbridge opens or you’re in line at a fast food place. It’s a nice feature to have for that.
Yeah I disabled it in ForScan, it's sticking past on/off cycles. So yeah it works.

There is nothing good about this feature, it's a gimmick that was invented to get past EPA "environmental" requirements, it looks good on paper that's about it. Outside of that it puts unnecessary wear and tear on your engine, also engine starting cycles produce more hydrocarbons and derivatives, than idling for 5 min. Lastly people have reported safety issues surrounding ASS. So away it goes like on my other FORD.

Last edited:
Reactions
Yeah I disabled it in ForScan, it's sticking past on/off cycles. So yeah it works.

There is nothing good about this feature, it's a gimmick that was invented to get past EPA "environmental" requirements, it looks good on paper that's about it. Outside of that it puts unnecessary wear and tear on your engine, also engine starting cycles produce more hydrocarbons and derivatives, than idling for 5 min. Lastly people have reported safety issues surrounding ASS. So away it goes like on my other FORD.
I 100% agree with you on unnecessary wear and tear on the engine…100%.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I’ve disabled FENG, & double honk on my 22. I didn’t go full on Bambi mode but I made it so DRL and Headlights don’t turn off when you use the turn signal. I didn’t disable auto stop/start feature. I had it on my previous vehicle and actually don’t mind it. I actually drive in Manual mode and switch to auto when I come to a stop for it to do it’s thing. Also I anticipate the light and switch back into manual mode a sec before it switches to green.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I’ve disabled FENG, & double honk on my 22. I didn’t go full on Bambi mode but I made it so DRL and Headlights don’t turn off when you use the turn signal. I didn’t disable auto stop/start feature. I had it on my previous vehicle and actually don’t mind it. I actually drive in Manual mode and switch to auto when I come to a stop for it to do it’s thing. Also I anticipate the light and switch back into manual mode a sec before it switches to green.
I still have to disable the double honk myself, I wasn't going to but I am finding it very annoying.
Which module does double honk and Bambi mode sit in?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I still have to disable the double honk myself, I wasn't going to but I am finding it very annoying.
Bambi mode
Check under BCM. The Setting is called "Fog Light with High Beam".

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yeah dbl honk and FENG were the first to go but then I just went through all the different modules to see what was all available.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
i know this may be a stupid question but if I get a tune does it void the warranty?
Yes but it depends. Worst case it voids your drivetrain warranty. Some dealers are more accommodating than others.