Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

aFe Momentum GT CAI

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
The P3 gauge does more than just ethanol readings. I have it set on the IAT right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
The P3 gauge does more than just ethanol readings. I have it set on the IAT right now.

where did you get the red sway brace? Really like the powder coating.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I finally sold myself one today. Gonna have to wait…Lethal is scooping all of them up. I refuse to pay retail though when my price is sub-$500.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I finally sold myself one today. Gonna have to wait…Lethal is scooping all of them up. I refuse to pay retail though when my price is sub-$500.
FYI … if you didn’t know the UPR catch can has a new design. I ordered the retro parts yesterday to avoid drilling into the AFE intake.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Couldn't hold back eh??? Believe me I understand. I am fortunate the hole I'm burning in my wallet is smaller than yours :ROFLMAO: I feel an intake in my future and unfortunately for my wallet a fueling upgrade at some point. Haven't even made much progress on the pile of parts I already have.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
FYI … if you didn’t know the UPR catch can has a new design. I ordered the retro parts yesterday to avoid drilling into the AFE intake.

Haven’t seen that. I’ll have to check it out.

F=MA

Reactions

Need a link !!

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
No link for the fittings… I called them and they put a list together for me and paid over the phone. I’ll post it on my build thread when the parts come in hopefully Friday. It’s new fitting and need to shorten the hose.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Here are the instructions. Its now on the driver-side connected to a T fitting to the crankcase vent connector. The orientation of hoses will be different now also. It’s worth it to me so I don’t drill into the AFE.

https://www.uprproducts.com/content/5030-249-ECSS.pdf

Reactions
Here are the instructions. Its now on the driver-side connected to a T fitting to the crankcase vent connector. The orientation of hoses will be different now also. It’s worth it to me so I don’t drill into the AFE.

https://www.uprproducts.com/content/5030-249-ECSS.pdf

I drilled a hole and screw in a fitting.
Didn't have a ****.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Maybe it's just me, but has anyone noticed a decrease in MPG since installing. I usually avg 18.4 however, since installation I'm around low 13s. I drive in Sport mode the most (driving in it a little more since installation). Not a problem, just something I'm wondering if others are experiencing.
You are just stabbing the skinny pedal more cause of POWEERRR =P

Reactions
You are just stabbing the skinny pedal more cause of POWEERRR =P
Or placebo effect lol How does it sound on WOT or with slight gas? I would buy it just for the looks and slight whooosh sound

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Posting this on the AFE thread because it goes along with it. I’m assuming I’m the first to be the guinea pig

Completed the retrofit kit for the catch can. UPR and I tried a shorter fitting for the crankcase plug. There is no way you are getting the T fitting on with the AFE one and plugging everything in.

Also for those that have the sensor on the crankcase hose there is no need to order a new one, if you are comfortable cutting up the hose. With this retro fit I decided to use the AFE hose and cut it and took out the sensor from the oem. This helped with connecting to the T fitting also. It’s a tight fit but it worked.

Picture of the sensor removed and reinstalled on the AFE hose.

I rotated the catch can as well so the hose for the crankcase is on the right side.

Reactions
Posting this on the AFE thread because it goes along with it. I’m assuming I’m the first to be the guinea pig

Completed the retrofit kit for the catch can. UPR and I tried a shorter fitting for the crankcase plug. There is no way you are getting the T fitting on with the AFE one and plugging everything in.

Also for those that have the sensor on the crankcase hose there is no need to order a new one, if you are comfortable cutting up the hose. With this retro fit I decided to use the AFE hose and cut it and took out the sensor from the oem. This helped with connecting to the T fitting also. It’s a tight fit but it worked.

Picture of the sensor removed and reinstalled on the AFE hose.

I rotated the catch can as well so the hose for the crankcase is on the right side.

Just drill a hole in passanger side, takes less than 5min and be done.
Way easier.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Just drill a hole in passanger side, takes less than 5min and be done.
Way easier.
That’s what I had before but on a couple occasions I found the fitting worked itself out. Hole was drilled out to the spec also.

But I will be honest after this headache of making this work, if done again I’d just drill the hole.

F=MA

Reactions
I second that. Tap that hole !

Reactions
That’s what I had before but on a couple occasions I found the fitting worked itself out. Hole was drilled out to the spec also.

But I will be honest after this headache of making this work, if done again I’d just drill the hole.

I drilled a bit smaller one, hammered in to start and threaded it, with a lot of pressure, then tried to pull it out. Ain't going nowhere LOL